PDA

View Full Version : J-E-T-S jets jets jets!!! What we must do?

SoCalFan
12-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Well,Sanchez and the jets are coming to town,we better score some dam points!I think they were a bit overrated,NE and Miami showed that,lets give them 3 losses in a row!:tt03:

Fire Arians
12-12-2010, 10:15 PM
they couldn't even score 7 points against the dolphins and have the look of a team that's falling apart. i'm not worried

ETL
12-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Santonio will be begging for the ball because he wants to show why he should have been retained

Fire Arians
12-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Santonio will be begging for the ball because he wants to show why he should have been retained

lol if their gameplan is to air it out with dirty sanchez it'll be an easy W for us

Third Rail
12-12-2010, 10:37 PM
I think if we can just score 3+ TDs offensively, we should be okay. Sanchokez has been anemic in games lately, and our defense should be able to stop their running attack. But Ben needs to be able to hit receivers in the red zone, and Mendenhall needs to get over his affinity for getting stopped short of the line of scrimmage.

SteelCityRules
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
dirty sanchez

lol We always call him this too.:chuckle: I just hope they don't pull a stupid stunt like the tripping today. What a dirty move. :thmbdown:

madtowndrunkard
12-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Our offense couldn't score 7 points against Cinci. I think maybe we are equally over rated.

Until our offense starts scoring points I can't see us wining a single playoff game.

Merchant
12-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Who needs an offense when you got Troy Polamalu :chuckle:

Fire Arians
12-13-2010, 01:56 AM
Who needs an offense when you got Troy Polamalu :chuckle:

He scored more points than our offense today :tt02:

steelersalaska
12-13-2010, 02:58 AM
third rail you're delerious. The jet's won't score more then 3 points on us till we have it wrapped in the 4th. "Our defense should be able to stop their running attack?" My Steeler D has stopped all comers. Mendenhall has ran for more yards without an O-line blocking for him than any back in the league. Ben hit's receivers in the red zone every week but he can't push them over the goal line too. Our red zone problems all stem from a weak O-line. Their not the best at any thing, they're a mismatched patched up bunch and they're doing their best. IMO I say pound Redman 4 times if needed,

SacknificentStew56
12-13-2010, 05:41 AM
I would pressure Sanchez from every possible angle and kill his confidence even more. They won't be able to run wild on us and once we get a few good shots on their receivers, they will be timid and tender during their route running.
Steelers 34
Paper Planes10

theplatypus
12-13-2010, 05:54 AM
Forcing Sanchez to throw 40+ times bodes well for us.

Bubbabanjo
12-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Well.............Troy hobbled, Ben runnin for his life from our turnstile O-line, and our fatal flaw, our GOD AWFUL corner coverage. Its gonna take a lot to beat a team that has to get a win. Plus Santonio will have a vendetta to fill.

Super Troy............where are you!!! We need saved again.

Might be better to play the practice squad and get the week off instead of doing further damage.

TRH
12-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Sanchez is known to play poorly when he's under pressure. Expect LeBeau to mix up the scenarios and try to be in his face all game. We should win this game.

steelerchad
12-13-2010, 07:52 AM
The Jets offense is worse than ours right now and they are getting ready to go up against a defense they will not be able to run on. Sanchez vs. our D? I'll take that matchup all day. Our O just needs to produce 17 points IMO.

grward
12-13-2010, 08:05 AM
third rail you're delerious. The jet's won't score more then 3 points on us till we have it wrapped in the 4th. "Our defense should be able to stop their running attack?" My Steeler D has stopped all comers. Mendenhall has ran for more yards without an O-line blocking for him than any back in the league. Ben hit's receivers in the red zone every week but he can't push them over the goal line too. Our red zone problems all stem from a weak O-line. Their not the best at any thing, they're a mismatched patched up bunch and they're doing their best. IMO I say pound Redman 4 times if needed,

You said it best and I couldn't agree more. Mendenhall was bashed in another thread for not getting more yardage. Apparently, the poster has no clue that the OL is supposed to block and provide openings for Mendy to run through. This is not on Mendy. The dude is getting yardage ALL ON HIS OWN.

Same with the lack of scoring, this is not on Ben. He did absolutely everything he could in the game against Cincy. I'm not bashing the OL, but add in the ****ing refs and you have more to overcome than them being a mismatched, patched up bunch.

Whodis
12-13-2010, 08:39 AM
To beat the jets we just need cold weather. It was stated in a post earlier that Sanchez does this every year when it gets chilly

BlackAndGold4Ever
12-13-2010, 09:33 AM
No games a gimmie in this league. The Jets are not as good as they were made out to be, but if we canít score we'll be in trouble. That said Iím fairly confident that we will. Prediction 24-7 Steelers. I'll be in the burgh for this one so hopefully Iím right
:tt04:

StainlessStill
12-13-2010, 09:39 AM
My honest opinion? I think we handle the Jets. Even though we play a similiar style of blitzing defense, they do NOT come close to doing it better than us and we can certainly take advantage of Sanchez and make him look like a punk. It may be a close game for 2-3 QRT'S, but I say we have our way with them and push them around and strangle hold them in the 4th QRT. I say we win this one by 10 or more.

Whodis
12-13-2010, 10:17 AM
My honest opinion? I think we handle the Jets. Even though we play a similiar style of blitzing defense, they do NOT come close to doing it better than us and we can certainly take advantage of Sanchez and make him look like a punk. It may be a close game for 2-3 QRT'S, but I say we have our way with them and push them around and strangle hold them in the 4th QRT. I say we win this one by 10 or more.

I agree.... And Ben seems to play better on the run

lionslicer
12-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Jets defense is falling apart, people know their weaknesses now. Their offense was never that great, it wont stand a chance against the Steelers D. Once Sanchez is forced to pass, he'll be terrorized.

TRH
12-13-2010, 11:42 AM
well, the talk of the town and ESPN today is that there is ZERO Jet's rushing game. So going into the Pittsburgh game against our top-rated run defense and our secondary with known holes in it...what do you think they're going to do??
Look for Sanchez to be passing, passing, passing. I bet they'll be going for those short-yarders all day long that NE killed us on. I would be preparing for that.

Fire Arians
12-13-2010, 11:46 AM
well, the talk of the town and ESPN today is that there is ZERO Jet's rushing game. So going into the Pittsburgh game against our top-rated run defense and our secondary with known holes in it...what do you think they're going to do??
Look for Sanchez to be passing, passing, passing. I bet they'll be going for those short-yarders all day long that NE killed us on. I would be preparing for that.

let em try that, sanchez is no brady or brees and will make mistakes if they pass more than 50% of the time. the jets offense is totally reliant on that running game to have success. if they don't run the ball well, their offense gets shut out as noticed many times this year, sanchez cannot win the game on his arm alone

TRH
12-13-2010, 11:49 AM
let em try that, sanchez is no brady or brees and will make mistakes if they pass more than 50% of the time. the jets offense is totally reliant on that running game to have success. if they don't run the ball well, their offense gets shut out as noticed many times this year, sanchez cannot win the game on his arm alone

agreed. My guess is he'll put it in the air 40-45 times. Watch of Santonio on the inside slant play.

mikegrimey
12-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Fortunately for us the Jets are the kind of team offensively that we are handy at beating. They use the run to establish the pass and need to keep pressure off of their young and mistake prone QB. Tomlinson and Greene are not the dominant force that Thomas Jones and Greene were last year so I think we can shut down their strength and tee off on Sanchez. Receiver wise our secondary may have a little trouble, but the Jets are on a downward spiral right now and we should hold them to minimal points.

Unfortunately they are the kind of team defensively that gives us fits. They love to pressure and have good cover corners. We will probably lose the battle at the line of scrimmage and have to abandon the running game to have any success. If we win this game it will probably, once again, be on the backs of our offense.

caseyviator
12-13-2010, 05:05 PM
me to....give it to our TANK!!!!! redman to the right redman to the left then redman in the flat for the td..we are what we are.....all we can do is get better and hope for a early exit for the pats in the playoffs....i feel they are a team we cannot beat were just not good enough???? unsmiley face

SoCalFan
12-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Heath Miller is cleared to play so I think were good!

Steel_Bus_24
12-14-2010, 08:11 PM
We have to avoid Turnovers on O and not let Brad Smith get off on a Punt/kick return

^^^Those are the Keys

Their Right Tackle is out so hopefully Woodley will keep his late season momentum going and wreck some havoc over there

Need to get on them early and keep them doubting themselves

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-14-2010, 08:20 PM
It's unbelievable to me that an NFL QB can attempt 44 passes and only complete 17. As previously alluded to, you need a franchise QB to beat the Stillers.