PDA

View Full Version : TROY = DEFENSIVE MVP

madtowndrunkard
12-12-2010, 11:45 PM
I think Troy locked up the MVP with his performance the last 3 weeks. He single offhandedly won 3 games in a row.

vs Buffalo = a crucial INT in our end zone late

vs Baltimore = strips the ball late in the game to set up the winning TD.

vs Cinci = 2 int's....1 pick 6 to win the game

All year I thought it was between Harrison and Mathews. Neither player pulled off as big of impact plays as Troy....let alone 3 weeks in a row.

tony hipchest
12-13-2010, 12:17 AM
he also won the game vs falcons in week 1.

theres one other in there that i cant remember and his superman leaping tall buildings sack of kerry collins vs tennessee, was game changing as well.

Merchant
12-13-2010, 12:23 AM
No doubt about it. The main other candidate is Clay Matthews but his play has regressed a little after a strong first half.

lionslicer
12-13-2010, 12:46 AM
If he wins, it will be about time! lol.

tony hipchest
12-13-2010, 01:27 AM
No doubt about it. The main other candidate is Clay Matthews but his play has regressed a little after a strong first half.

the main other candidate is james harrison.

clay cant hold his jock.

with that being said, the league would give the award to brian cushing before james or troy.

lionslicer
12-13-2010, 02:35 AM
the main other candidate is james harrison.

clay cant hold his jock.

with that being said, the league would give the award to brian cushing before james or troy.

If the NFL actually decided who got the awards, Cameron Wake would get the defensive player of the year award because he's the next in line behind Harrison... But like 50 writers and broadcasters do the voting, but Goodell probably has enough money in his pockets to pay off some votes.

SoCalFan
12-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Yea,all the money he collected from Harrison!

pete74
12-13-2010, 07:12 AM
i dont see any other single player on defense in the nfl that is more important to his team then Troy and he should easily win this years defensive MVP

TRH
12-13-2010, 08:27 AM
If the NFL actually decided who got the awards, Cameron Wake would get the defensive player of the year award because he's the next in line behind Harrison... But like 50 writers and broadcasters do the voting, but Goodell probably has enough money in his pockets to pay off some votes.

I believe they are influenced and affected by both the NFL office and media coverage though. The award should go to Troy, but neither Harrison nor Troy will get it because of this. It will be a complete miscarriage of justice. Just you watch.....