PDA

View Full Version : 10 Toughest Stadiums To Play At

Hawk Believer
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
This list from SI. Check the link below for their explanations. Most of you will appreciate a great photo of a Steelers game in the snow.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0604/gallery.toughplaces/content.1.html

No. 10 Metrodome (Minnesota Vikings)
No. 9 Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia Eagles)
No. 8 Lambeau Field (Green Bay Packers)
No. 7 Soldier Field (Chicago Bears)
No. 6 Heinz Field (Pittsburgh Steelers)
No. 5 Qwest Field (Seattle Seahawks)
No. 4 Invesco Field (Denver Broncos)
No. 3 RCA Dome (Indianapolis Colts)
No. 2 Gillette Stadium (New England Patriots)
No. 1 Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City Chiefs)

What do you think?

RoethlisBURGHer
04-06-2006, 07:31 PM
I agree for the most part.

tony hipchest
04-06-2006, 07:39 PM
i say next year the steelers go stomp through gillette and arrowhead on their way to the superbowl.

Hawk Believer
04-06-2006, 08:02 PM
My Hawks drew three on the list - Chicago, Denver, and KC. It will be kinda cool to play our old AFC West buddies next year.

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-06-2006, 08:56 PM
The picture from Lambeau Field of one of the "leaps" what is the ladyin front reaching for?? Judging by the look on the players face she found it... even if she looks like she is having a hard time finding it!!!! :rolleyes:

Hawk Believer
04-06-2006, 09:36 PM
The picture from Lambeau Field of one of the "leaps" what is the ladyin front reaching for?? Judging by the look on the players face she found it... even if she looks like she is having a hard time finding it!!!! :rolleyes:
Dude, that is hilarious. When you see things like that, you gotta figure the photo editor put in that shot just for kicks.

Livinginthe past
04-06-2006, 09:56 PM
i say next year the steelers go stomp through gillette and arrowhead on their way to the superbowl.

You should probably worry about your team beating the Pats in its own stadium before you try and conquer the mighty Razor. :sofunny:

NM

83-Steelers-43
04-06-2006, 10:02 PM
I recall us playing in Minnesota after the Colt game in the regular season and the place was a ghost town. I'm not putting much thought into this "poll"....

Stlrs4Life
04-06-2006, 10:04 PM
I think it is pretty accurate. But, I tell ya 1 thing, comparing Heinz to 3Rivers. 3Rivers was way harder for opposing teams to come into.

83-Steelers-43
04-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Three Rivers: Closed stadium. I remember the ground would shake.

Heinz Field: Damn open endzone. Still loud as hell, filled with the best fans in the NFL. True fans of the game. Normally ripped off by little green towels or little orange towels.

Mr. Clean
04-07-2006, 06:20 PM
You should probably worry about your team beating the Pats in its own stadium before you try and conquer the mighty Razor. :sofunny:

NM

The blades on the razor have grown dull. The Steelers can win anywhere.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-07-2006, 07:23 PM
I thought the "black hole" wold be in there

tony hipchest
04-07-2006, 07:29 PM

NMthat sounds like smack to me! i was simply refering to the steelers march through the pb stadium, rca dome, and invesco field last season and how cool it would be to do the same in 2 more of the tuffest places to play.

but youre right. its much more likely that the next pats vs. steelers match-up will take place at heinz field. ill let the steelers worry about that.

Suitanim
04-07-2006, 08:22 PM
I agree with everyone who said 3 Rivers over Heinz. In fact, 3 Rivers would have topped this list.

It's not that the fans don't try to be loud at Heinz...I mean it's still deafening from the fans point of view, but most of that sound is just floating out into space...