PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins angered by Nolan Carroll getting tripped

MasterOfPuppets
12-13-2010, 06:35 AM
wow...what a scumbag. this guy should be banned from the league.

t’s rare that NFL players beg for the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, to take action, imposing a fine, or possibly doling out a suspension, but that was exactly the case following Sunday’s 10-6 win over the Jets. Upon seeing a snapshot of Miami Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll being tripped along the sidelines by Sal Alosi, the Jets head strength and conditioning coach, who apparently stuck out his knee during a punt Carroll was covering, Dolphins players demanded that action be take by the league.
“That is so dirty,” Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby said upon seeing a snapshot of the assistants knee extended on the sidelines as Carroll ran past him.
Carroll was so hurt by the contact he couldn’t get off the Jets sideline for a couple of minutes, but he was able to return to the game a few series later.
“Come on man. That’s dirty!” Dansby said. “It all trickles down hill. Their head coach [Rex Ryan] opened a can of worms over there, and now he’s got to fix it. It’s sad. There’s no place for that in football. Hopefully they’ll be fined for it. I’ll leave it up to the league.”
“They are going to handle it. I believe in Goodell! Goodell, come on man.”
Upon learning of the trip, Channing Crowder said: “I wish they would have tripped me. I would have broken his leg.”
The Jets released a statement late Sunday night regarding the trip: “The team is reviewing the situation and is looking into the appropriate next step.”

there's a video as well
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/12/dolphins-angered-by-nolan-carroll-getting-tripped.html

http://30fps.mocksession.com/2010%20December%2012%2018%2031%2043.jpg

theplatypus
12-13-2010, 06:51 AM
That's ****ed up

4xSBChamps
12-13-2010, 07:24 AM
James Harrison will be called onto the carpet & fined for this egregious hit

TRH
12-14-2010, 01:02 PM
wow. This guy wasn't even fired. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........

TRH
12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Ok. Same scenario. A Pittsburgh assistant does the exact same thing.
Can you imagine the following public outcry? Its mindboggling what would happen...

MasterOfPuppets
12-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Ok. Same scenario. A Pittsburgh assistant does the exact same thing.
Can you imagine the following public outcry? Its mindboggling what would happen...
the difference is, while the jets suspended him and fined him, the steelers would have FIRED him immediately.

this guy should be banned from the NFL period !!! where is goodell on this issue ? this shouldn't be just a jet issue , this is a league issue.

Fire Arians
12-14-2010, 01:45 PM
the difference is, while the jets suspended him and fined him, the steelers would have FIRED him immediately.

this guy should be banned from the NFL period !!! where is goodell on this issue ? this shouldn't be just a jet issue , this is a league issue.

Suspended without pay for the rest of the season and fined, I think its a stiffer penalty than getting fired outright. If he gets fired he can get hired somewhere else right away. Suspension prevents him from getting work elsewhere and he will probably get fired after the suspension is up.

TRH
12-15-2010, 04:16 PM
if he gets fired, NO WAY another team hires him after this blemish. Not a chance. Way too many 'strength training' coaches out there dying for a job like this.

Another investigation today by the Jets. Still not fired. My god, what is this world coming to.............

MDSteel15
12-15-2010, 04:35 PM
if he gets fired, NO WAY another team hires him after this blemish. Not a chance. Way too many 'strength training' coaches out there dying for a job like this.

Another investigation today by the Jets. Still not fired. My god, what is this world coming to.............

Suspension became indefinate!

tony hipchest
12-15-2010, 05:08 PM
jets = s...c...u...m....scum, scum, scum!

MDSteel15
12-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Going from the penthouse to the outhouse! :doh:

BigRick
12-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Suspension became indefinate!

He should be barred from the NFL. :tt03:

steelerohio
12-15-2010, 08:35 PM
What a low down dirty cheap shot...

He should be hired by the opposition to dig up dirt on Palin

:flap:

steelax04
12-15-2010, 09:06 PM
I bet the Patriots would have been better than the Jets at tripping a guy. If it was in the snow... O M F G, they would have snowplowed him like they did the Bears!