PDA

View Full Version : RED ZONE STAT

Whodis
12-13-2010, 09:37 AM
:applaudit:

2 Touchdowns in 30 attempts

:thumbsup: who needs a head coach out there?

SteelCityMom
12-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Only if the head coach can make all the blocks for the patchwork O-line w/o getting holding calls on any kind of long, sustained drives.

He better not drop any balls or throw any passes too far behind the receivers either.

Fire Arians
12-13-2010, 12:16 PM
it will improve when heath miller comes back.

i hope.

MDSteel15
12-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Let us pray....

MikeHaullace
12-13-2010, 12:39 PM
10-3

TRH
12-13-2010, 12:43 PM
10-3

Nice, but we're not beating any of the NFL elite.

TRH
12-13-2010, 12:44 PM

We've had that many TD's? lol....Seems like so long ago i can't even remember.

Fire Arians
12-13-2010, 12:48 PM

we DID beat the ravens last week. if they aren't elite i don't know what game you're watching.

yes, yes, i know they aren't that team known as new england but baltimore is still easily one of the top teams

TRH
12-13-2010, 12:49 PM
we DID beat the ravens last week.

We did, but they're certainly no NE or N.O.

Fire Arians
12-13-2010, 12:53 PM
We did, but they're certainly no NE or N.O.

call me crazy but i feel if we can get healthy at the end of the season, we can take em.

MDSteel15
12-13-2010, 01:03 PM
call me crazy but i feel if we can get healthy at the end of the season, we can take em.

You're crazy, like a confident Steelers fan should be when the entire team is healthy and on a roll when big #91 returns!!! :tt03:

MikeHaullace
12-13-2010, 01:03 PM

Elite? Sounds like you watch too much ESPN. :wink02:

Any given Sunday.

SoCalFan
12-13-2010, 01:20 PM
WE NEED A WEEK BYE to get healthy! Its that simple.When Heath comes back and the O-line gets healthiER,we will start scoring TDs....

plenewken
12-13-2010, 01:23 PM

Certainly not thanks to our offense. No friggin' way!
We were healthier last year and our offense was no better than this year. Lots of yds but very few points on the board. Who cares about yds?

Fire Arians
12-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Certainly not thanks to our offense. No friggin' way!
We were healthier last year and our offense was no better than this year. Lots of yds but very few points on the board. Who cares about yds?

no we weren't. no troy P and smith last year killed us. our offense can be good/bad at times but our success has always been behind the play of our D.

if we face them again with smith back and healthy we will fare better than last game. they will score their points, but not as much. defense will be fired up and looking to redeem themselves after the beatdown a few weeks ago

our offense can score against NE, they can't cover wallace. if they try and triple-cover him, well, hopefully ward won't be out of the game like last time. let's not forget by that time sanders/brown will have had more playing time than the last meeting and more comfortable in the offense. we got a chance at this.

first things first, the jets. and pray for no injuries.

Whodis
12-13-2010, 01:49 PM
no we weren't. no troy P and smith last year killed us

if we face them again with smith back and healthy we will fare better than last game. they will score their points, but not as much. defense will be fired up and looking to redeem themselves after the beatdown a few weeks ago

I'm more concerned about missing out on a great opportunity with the defense playing the way it has.

Do you really think we will go far in the playoffs settling for 3 at the 5 yard line?

Fire Arians
12-13-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm more concerned about missing out on a great opportunity with the defense playing the way it has.

Do you really think we will go far in the playoffs settling for 3 at the 5 yard line?

the offense will improve. ben is a little banged up and we were without heath miller. critical to win our next 2 games so key starters can get some rest in week 17 and in the bye week.

i wasn't expecting much out of our offense yesterday mainly because of how physical that game vs baltimore was. 1 week isn't enough time to heal from that :P which is also why i hope baltimore plays vs NE in the playoffs. yeah they might not win but hopefully beat them up enough that they won't be operating at 100% in the AFCCG

after playing a game vs cincy without any major injuries i'm sure you will see a better offense next week vs the jets

plenewken
12-13-2010, 01:59 PM
no we weren't. no troy P and smith last year killed us. our offense can be good/bad at times but our success has always been behind the play of our D.

our offense can score against NE, they can't cover wallace. if they try and triple-cover him, well, hopefully ward won't be out of the game like last time. let's not forget by that time sanders/brown will have had more playing time than the last meeting and more comfortable in the offense. we got a chance at this.

first things first, the jets. and pray for no injuries.

I'm talking about offense. Our offense was healthier last year, yet it wasn't more effective at putting points on the board.
I'm not sold at all that we can beat the Pats, much less at Gillette. Objectively, they're a superior team and they proved it when they crushed us on our turf.
If we manage to beat them, it'll be a major upset and he'll be against all odds. Anything can happen though but I wouldn't bet a dollar on our chances.

Fire Arians
12-13-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm talking about offense. Our offense was healthier last year, yet it wasn't more effective at putting points on the board.
I'm not sold at all that we can beat the Pats, much less at Gillette. Objectively, they're a superior team and they proved it when they crushed us on our turf.
If we manage to beat them, it'll be a major upset and he'll be against all odds. Anything can happen though but I wouldn't bet a dollar on our chances.

Oh I'd bet on us if someone gave me 12:1 odds :chuckle:

seriously though i hear you. what I'm saying is don't cash it in as a loss just yet. if our defense can play with the same intensity they had in the first 4 games this season, not even NE will be able to score on us easily.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-13-2010, 04:03 PM
It will improve when Miller comes back? It wasn't all that much better with him. Way to many holes in front of Ben.. WR's need to look back much sooner because the blitzers are living in bens ass.

drucifer
12-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Here's a red zone stat for you:

GET IN THE END ZONE! STAT!

ZoneBlitzer
12-13-2010, 06:00 PM

Obviously, we're far from perfect. We know that. We acknowledge it. We'll continue to work on improving that. Cliche. We'll go back and look at the tape. We fought through it though. It was a war of attrition. We came out on top. We respect those guys.

(Rinse, Wash. Repeat)

Next week. Offense plays the same...

Obviously, we're far from perfect. We know that....

caseyviator
12-13-2010, 06:00 PM
what about atlanta and tampa bay division leaders rite now.....yea definately have not beated any ELITE teams funny....then whats elite??

Whodis
12-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Obviously, we're far from perfect. We know that. We acknowledge it. We'll continue to work on improving that. Cliche. We'll go back and look at the tape. We fought through it though. It was a war of attrition. We came out on top. We respect those guys.

(Rinse, Wash. Repeat)

Next week. Offense plays the same...

Obviously, we're far from perfect. We know that....

:jerkit: That is scary on the money

I believe everything he says, but I am starting to wonder if they look at tape?

Rick5895
12-13-2010, 08:16 PM

Atlanta 11-2, Baltimore 9-3 Tampa 8-5. We win the games we were supposed to win. We got N.O, after they got beat by Cleveland, at thier house in a nationally televised game , We laid an egg against the bellicheats but i wonder if that was more possum than not. We have been dominant on D since the N E game.
IMO we are the second best team in the NFL right now behind New England.

:tt04: