PDA

View Full Version : *Playoff Scenarios*

steve314
12-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Before you flame me, let me explain....

As others have pointed out, it would be really nice if the Steelers could win the next 2 and have the last week off to rest as many starters as they want. But they would need to have the division title (and therefore the #2 seed) locked up going in. Of course the easy way is if BAL loses again, which could happen tonight or vs the Saints, but what if BAL wins out and ends up 12-4, and the Steelers also end up 12-4 after beating the Jets and Panthers but losing to the Browns because they rest people?

The Steelers and the Ravens would tie on head-to-head, division record at 4-2, common games at 10-4, and conference record at 9-3. (Correct me if I'm wrong here.)

Next tiebreaker is strength of victory, basically the combined winning percentage of the teams you've beaten during the year. PIT and BAL will have beaten a lot of the same teams (TB, CLE once, MIA, CIN once, BUF, NYJ, and CAR), so those cancel out.

Here are the four differences in this scenario:
PIT will have beaten ATL, TEN, CIN (2nd win), and OAK
while BAL will have beaten NO, HOU, CLE (2nd win), and DEN.

The tiebreaker is the combined winning percentage of the opponents.
So far, the 4 different beaten opponents for the Steelers have won 11 + 5 + 2 + 6 = 24
while BAL's have won 10 + 5 + 5 + 3 = 23. Very close. The Titans have not been helping here.

So, go Raiders! And Titans, Bengals, and Falcons....
The Raiders are undefeated in their division, and play DEN, IND, and KC--could win all of those.
The OAK/DEN game is a key one for this tiebreaker, as are CIN/CLE, TEN/HOU, and ATL/NO.

Hopefully the Ravens will blow one of their games and this will be irrelevant. If not, go Raiders?!

StainlessStill
12-13-2010, 05:15 PM
In 2008, I believe the Steelers did NOT rest starters and played even though we locked up the #2 by then. If the Steelers don't have the #2 seed locked up by week 17, no way in HELL we rest against Cleveland because more than likely right now, the Steelers and Ravens could finish with the same record, and if they do, it'll go to Division record, and if we beat Cleveland, we get the nod so don't expect the Steelers to rest in Cleve unless we do indeed have #2 locked up safe and sound.

joeyssteelcurtain
12-13-2010, 05:24 PM
In 2008, I believe the Steelers did NOT rest starters and played even though we locked up the #2 by then. If the Steelers don't have the #2 seed locked up by week 17, no way in HELL we rest against Cleveland because more than likely right now, the Steelers and Ravens could finish with the same record, and if they do, it'll go to Division record, and if we beat Cleveland, we get the nod so don't expect the Steelers to rest in Cleve unless we do indeed have #2 locked up safe and sound.

Yea and Ben got carted off

StainlessStill
12-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Yea and Ben got carted off

Yep, I was actually at that game and standing along the gates when going up to the seats. I remember thinking he was paralyzed and the whole stadium didn't know what was going on and in complete silence. Wasn't it a helmet to helmet? Go figure but I remember Leftwhich running for a T.D up the middle of the Stains defense, which felt like he was running in quick sand and in some kind of a slow motion time warp all in one play haha.

steelerchad
12-13-2010, 09:18 PM
You are correct. even though most simulations would have us holding the strength of victory tie-breaker, it would likely come down to who won other games on the last week of the season. With us playing at 1pm, we may not have the luxury of resting players. Even more disturbing could be that a couple of teams we'd like to win may be resting their starters. Like Atlanta against Carolina and Jacksonville against Houston.

steelerchad
12-13-2010, 09:45 PM
after looking at the schedules for the strength of victory tie-breaker, I'm 90% sure we would hold that tiebreaker at seasons end and think there is even a very good chance we could own it going into week 17.

Deserei90
12-13-2010, 09:53 PM
after looking at the schedules for the strength of victory tie-breaker, I'm 90% sure we would hold that tiebreaker at seasons end and think there is even a very good chance we could own it going into week 17.But the question that got everyone on edge is can we win it with this offense we have?:noidea:

CargoJon
12-14-2010, 12:10 AM
So, let me see if I get this right.

If we beat the Jets, and the Saints beat the Ravens next week, we would only have to win our game against Carolina to clinch the division, correct?

StainlessStill
12-14-2010, 12:13 AM
So, let me see if I get this right.

If we beat the Jets, and the Saints beat the Ravens next week, we would only have to win our game against Carolina to clinch the division, correct?

As long as we win 2 out of the remaining 3 games we win the North. If we somehow finish with the same record as Baltimore and if we beat Cleveland, we win the North with a better division record and possibly the #2 seed.

CargoJon
12-14-2010, 12:15 AM
As long as we win 2 out of the remaining 3 games we win the North. If we somehow finish with the same record as Baltimore and if we beat Cleveland, we win the North with a better division record and possibly the #2 seed.

Got it, thanks. I was hoping it wouldn't come down to the Cleveland game. :tt02:

SteelCityMom
12-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm going to merge this with the thread about division and playoff clinching scenarios. It confuses me to read it, but it may answer your question.

I think that is one scenario that would work though, yes.

StainlessStill
12-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Baltimore has the Saints next week so we are HUGE 'Nawlins fans next week! The Ravens still play the Bungles and Stains as well so maybe either of those teams can pull an upset, but unlikely so we NEED to take care of our own business first & foremost.

tony hipchest
12-14-2010, 12:56 AM
carson palmer owns the ravens. they are his little bitch which is extremely pathetic.

steve314
12-14-2010, 02:07 AM
As long as we win 2 out of the remaining 3 games we win the North.

Not if the loss is to Cleveland and Baltimore wins out and the Steelers lose the strength of victory tiebreaker.

mesaSteeler
12-15-2010, 07:59 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard on Tuesday nights throughout the season from 7 to 9 p.m. on WBGG 970-AM.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Week 15 Playoff scenarios

Pittsburgh clinches AFC North division:

1) PIT win + BAL loss + PIT clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over BAL

Pittsburgh clinches a first-round bye:

1) PIT win + BAL loss + PIT clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over

BAL and JAC

2) PIT win + BAL loss + JAC loss or tie + PIT clinches strength of victory

tiebreaker over BAL

Pittsburgh clinches a playoff spot:

1) PIT win or tie

2) IND loss or tie + SD loss or tie

3) IND loss or tie + KC loss

There are other scenarios in which Pittsburgh may clinch a playoff spot if

it clinches the strength of victory tiebreaker over certain teams this weekend.

Troy Polamalu earned his second consecutive AFC Defensive Player of the Week award for his efforts against the Bengals.

With his recent play, Polamalu, who got off to a hot start this season before going through a lull in the middle of the year, has forced his way into consideration for NFL Defensive Player of the Year

stairway27
12-16-2010, 11:52 PM
If I had it my way, The way things are looking,... The Pats will have the #1 seed. We'd have #2... I'd love to see KC and Jacksonville win their divisions, with Baltimore and the Chargers cleaning up as the Wild Cards. With this scenario, the Ravens would be #5 with the Chargers #6, putting the Chargers in the Pats bracket and the Ravens in our bracket. I love our chances against the Ravens, and I think if any team can bring the Pats down, it's the Chargers. This would get us a home game in the AFC Championship against the Chargers, which whom we have a very good track record against.... If we beat them, as long as we don't see the Saints in the Superbowl,... The Stairway27 is looking bright as day!:tt04:

steelerchad
12-17-2010, 08:13 AM
If I had it my way, The way things are looking,... The Pats will have the #1 seed. We'd have #2... I'd love to see KC and Jacksonville win their divisions, with Baltimore and the Chargers cleaning up as the Wild Cards. With this scenario, the Ravens would be #5 with the Chargers #6, putting the Chargers in the Pats bracket and the Ravens in our bracket. I love our chances against the Ravens, and I think if any team can bring the Pats down, it's the Chargers. This would get us a home game in the AFC Championship against the Chargers, which whom we have a very good track record against.... If we beat them, as long as we don't see the Saints in the Superbowl,... The Stairway27 is looking bright as day!:tt04:

I like your scenario with one exception. The seedings are fine, but I'd like to see the Ravens lose their wildcard game on the road to the Chiefs sending the Chiefs to us in the divisional round and still sending the Chargers into NE. I like our chances against the Ravens in a home playoff game like 65-35%, but I like our chances against the Chiefs even better 75-25%.

iceman000123
12-18-2010, 09:41 PM
I like your scenario with one exception. The seedings are fine, but I'd like to see the Ravens lose their wildcard game on the road to the Chiefs sending the Chiefs to us in the divisional round and still sending the Chargers into NE. I like our chances against the Ravens in a home playoff game like 65-35%, but I like our chances against the Chiefs even better 75-25%.

True. As long as we don't play down to them like we did last year.

steelerchad
12-19-2010, 07:46 PM
We will now own any tie with the Ravens due to division record. If we keep pace with whatever the Ravens do in their last 2 games we will have the division.

SH-Rock
12-19-2010, 07:48 PM
We're still on top of the division due to our division record is better than theirs

Fire Arians
12-19-2010, 07:48 PM
well i'll end my day by saying this. if we can't beat the panthers and the browns, we don't deserve the #2 seed anyway.

steelerchad
12-19-2010, 07:52 PM
If you would have told me at the beginning of the season that we'd be 10-4 and controlled the division by winning 2 games against the Panthers and Browns, I would have taken that in a second. Perspective is a wonderful thing.

fortmemphis
12-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Question for you playoff gurus....Lets say we win out and secure the #2 seed. And Jets get one of the wild cards by winning out themselves.....if we meet up with them somehow, do we have homefield since we started out higher seeded team or would we have to go there since they beat us head to head and we have same record? Hope the question makes sense. I know NE will be #1 seed and will have homefield throughout but how does it work after that? Guess what I am asking is, does our potential #2 seed have us playing at home throughout EXCEPT for the Patriots? Thanks for help. GO STEELERS!!!

Fire Arians
12-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Question for you playoff gurus....Lets say we win out and secure the #2 seed. And Jets get one of the wild cards by winning out themselves.....if we meet up with them somehow, do we have homefield since we started out higher seeded team or would we have to go there since they beat us head to head and we have same record? Hope the question makes sense. I know NE will be #1 seed and will have homefield throughout but how does it work after that? Guess what I am asking is, does our potential #2 seed have us playing at home throughout EXCEPT for the Patriots? Thanks for help. GO STEELERS!!!

yes, we would play all our games at home unless it's against new england. higher seed always has the homefield advantage.

fortmemphis
12-19-2010, 08:07 PM
yes, we would play all our games at home unless it's against new england. higher seed always has the homefield advantage.

cool, thanks, although, of our 4 losses this year, 3 have been at home so i dont guess we should mind going on the road.

Fire Arians
12-19-2010, 08:07 PM
cool, thanks, although, of our 4 losses this year, 3 have been at home so i dont guess we should mind going on the road.

my thoughts exactly, which is why the #1 seed wasn't a big deal to me. seems like our team plays better on the road

in my experience home + favorite = disappointing loss

fortmemphis
12-19-2010, 08:10 PM
my thoughts exactly, which is why the #1 seed wasn't a big deal to me. seems like our team plays better on the road

in my experience home + favorite = disappointing loss

agreed, and for the record, your screen name is beginning to make a lot of sense to me. We left too many points on the field out there. Arians just doesnt get the most out of our weapons--but I know that is conversation for another thread. LOL

fortmemphis
12-19-2010, 08:17 PM
well i'll end my day by saying this. if we can't beat the panthers and the browns, we don't deserve the #2 seed anyway.

Agreed--we control our own destiny as far as #2 seed is concerned and if we cant win both games, then we get what we deserve

jamesharrisonst
12-19-2010, 10:19 PM
As I stated elsewhere we r 1-3 vs the AFC top teams. Jets, pats and Ravens. 2-4 including NFC Falcolns and Saints
yes we r fighting the Refs, But
We need some Offense !
The next two weeks we should come out Offense blazing so we can enter the playoffs on all cylinders we, cannot rely on beating teams by 3 points in overtime in the playoffs

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Here is the link to the playoff tiebreakers

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standin...rs-explanation

I am leery of the Browns game in Cleveland but the Ravens have to play there as well this Sunday. If by some miracle the Ravens would lose in Cleveland the Steelers would clinch a bye by beating Carolina even if they lost to Cleveland (better division record than Ravens/better conferene record than Chiefs)

obxsteeler
12-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Well even with this loss to the Jets we clinch a playoff spot, which is something to be happy about. Now we just gotta charge it.

SH-Rock
12-20-2010, 07:36 PM
If the season ended today

Wild Card Round

Baltimore vs Colts- Colts Obviously

Jets vs Chiefs- Jets

Divisional Round

Colts vs Steelers-Steelers, but it could go either way

Jets vs Pats- Jets will probably be looking for revenge

AFC Championship

Jets vs Steelers- Steelers will be looking for revenge and hopefully with Polamalu and Smith

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Apparently the seedings based on current records would be:

Pats
Steelers
Chiefs
Colts
Ravens
Jets

I think the Ravens would beat the Colts and the Chiefs would beat the Jets at Arrowhead

A second round of Ravens at Pats together with Chiefs at Steelers is about as good as it could possibly get for the Steelers - Ravens have no fear of the Pats

steve314
12-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks to tonight's win, it looks like the strength of victory tiebreaker will not be needed for the Steelers this year.

Ties with NE or NYJ would be broken by head-to-head. A tie with BAL (whether at 12-4 or 11-5) would be broken by the Steelers' better division record. IND, JAX, and SD cannot tie the Steelers now. A tie with KC at 11-5 to decide between seeds 2 and 3 would be decided by conference record (in the Steelers' favor), so no need to cheer for the Raiders (or any team other than CLE) any more....

SteelKnight
12-26-2010, 05:56 PM
If KC beats Oakland next week and becomes the number 3 seed, it is not out of the question (with Bowe's play) that they could beat the shaky Jets.

If this happens, we would play KC at home no matter what happens in the Baltimore/Colts game. That would be pretty sweet...and easy.

For the championship, part of me is chicken and would like the Patriots to be upset so we don't have to play them and part of me feels the Superbowl would feel more meaningful if we could beat them on the way to it. IDK...I guess I'd prefer the easier route...lol It's not like the Colts or Ravens are easy so it would still feel good.

ricksteelers55
12-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Id rather play the Jets than the Chiefs.Cassel is a better QB than Sanchez and I think they have better coaches.Plus we would have Troy and Aaron this time and we would be able to be the Jets.Dont think the Chiefs would be easy to beat.Oh and by the way there's no easy route when you want to win it all.I want to face the Patriots and the Saints so we can have our revenges.

GO STEELERS !!!

SteelKnight
12-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Id rather play the Jets than the Chiefs.Cassel is a better QB than Sanchez and I think they have better coaches.Plus we would have Troy and Aaron this time and we would be able to be the Jets.Dont think the Chiefs would be easy to beat.Oh and by the way there's no easy route when you want to win it all.I want to face the Patriots and the Saints so we can have our revenges.

GO STEELERS !!!

We would never face the Jets unless it is in the championship.

If the Jets beat the Chiefs, they will face the Pats and we would face the winner of the Ravens/Colts.

Since the Jets are locked into the 6th seed, there is no way we face them before that.

lionslicer
12-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah Steelers wont face the Jets, but they will either face the Colts or Ravens, so the Ideal senerio to get to the superbowl is that the Ravens beat the Colts, Steelers beat the Ravens, Cheifs beat the Jets and go on to beat the Patriots and lose to the Steelers in the AFC championship game. Steelers can beat the Cheifs, Cassel is a good quarterback, but he's been helped by a good running game. Steelers force Cassel to pass more than 30 times a game, they will win.

Rick5895
12-26-2010, 10:16 PM
If any one thinks the chiefs will be pushovers, think again. They can run the ball, cassel is proving to be a good QB, and remember, when they weren't that good last season they beat us on a KR TD.

SteelKnight
12-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah Steelers wont face the Jets, but they will either face the Colts or Ravens, so the Ideal senerio to get to the superbowl is that the Ravens beat the Colts, Steelers beat the Ravens, Cheifs beat the Jets and go on to beat the Patriots and lose to the Steelers in the AFC championship game. Steelers can beat the Cheifs, Cassel is a good quarterback, but he's been helped by a good running game. Steelers force Cassel to pass more than 30 times a game, they will win.

Now you are mixed up. If the Chiefs beat the Jets, we would face the Chiefs (seed 3) while the winner of the Colts/Ravens would face the Pats.

SH-Rock
12-26-2010, 10:20 PM
I want Manning to face Brady again and get his revenge.

SteelKnight
12-26-2010, 10:24 PM
If any one thinks the chiefs will be pushovers, think again. They can run the ball, cassel is proving to be a good QB, and remember, when they weren't that good last season they beat us on a KR TD.

I'm just hoping they can beat the Raiders next week to lock down the #3 seed. I am also hoping they are good enough to beat the Jets in a home WC game.

I'm not at all afraid of them.

figg
12-26-2010, 10:30 PM
I dont like Charlie Weiss coaching against the Steelers D.

SteelKnight
12-26-2010, 10:36 PM

Yeah...I like that match up better than the Ravens Pats too. To beat the Pats you have to put up points. Manning might light up that Pats D.

Hoping to stop the offense with good D just isn't going to work against the Pats.

The Pats have scored 31 points or more in 10 of their games (including their last 7 straight). In 6 they had 38 or more.

The Steelers have only scored over 31 twice (Raiders and Bucks).

SH-Rock
12-26-2010, 10:40 PM

Excellent point. Who knows, Bellicheat might give him a tip or two or even the whole playbook.

RowHH
12-26-2010, 10:56 PM
I want a rematch with the Pats. The Steelers are due to beat them.

MaidenIndiana
12-26-2010, 10:57 PM
We would never face the Jets unless it is in the championship.

If the Jets beat the Chiefs, they will face the Pats and we would face the winner of the Ravens/Colts.

Since the Jets are locked into the 6th seed, there is no way we face them before that.

How are the Jets locked into the 6th seed? If by some freaking disaster we lose next week and the Ratbirds win, they win the division and the 2nd seed. At the same time if the Jets win they would have the same record as us with a WIN against us. Therefore they would be the 5th seed and we would be the 6th seed.

toughsticks87
12-26-2010, 11:01 PM
I do not want to see the Patriots in the playoffs. They are the last team I want to see. Anyone but them.

SteelKnight
12-27-2010, 04:08 AM
Damn...I used the word scenario while talking about the Chiefs so the moderators had to combine them because talking about the Chiefs winning next week and facing us is too similar to a thread started on December 13th when I thought the Chargers would be in...

Watch your words.

SteelKnight
12-27-2010, 04:12 AM
How are the Jets locked into the 6th seed? If by some freaking disaster we lose next week and the Ratbirds win, they win the division and the 2nd seed. At the same time if the Jets win they would have the same record as us with a WIN against us. Therefore they would be the 5th seed and we would be the 6th seed.

Yeah... as long as we win, the Jets will be locked into sixth. Same difference. We won't face the Jets now unless it is the Championship game.

ricardisimo
12-27-2010, 04:34 AM
Yeah... as long as we win, the Jets will be locked into sixth. Same difference. We won't face the Jets now unless it is the Championship game.
And furthermore, if they get the fifth seed and we get the sixth, the effect is the same: we would only meet in the title game.

SteelKnight
12-27-2010, 01:36 PM
And furthermore, if they get the fifth seed and we get the sixth, the effect is the same: we would only meet in the title game.

Yeah...that's what I said when I said "same difference".

SH-Rock
12-27-2010, 01:52 PM
What about the Superbowl? Which team do you guys want the Steelers to vs?
I would have to say the Chicago Bears or NY Giants.

Atlanta Dan
12-27-2010, 01:54 PM
What about the Superbowl? Which team do you guys want the Steelers to vs?
I would have to say the Chicago Bears or NY Giants.

Seahawks or Rams:chuckle:

SH-Rock
12-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Seahawks or Rams:chuckle:

We have to be realistic here.

cloppbeast
12-27-2010, 02:32 PM
The Colts have proven they can at least potentially beat the Patriots. If not for an errant pass by Manning at the end of the game (when the Colts were in field goal range only 3 behind! :doh:) that was intercepted, they would have beat New England.

Considering our track record, I don't think we want to play the Patriots. So ideally, the best scenerio would be one in which we don't have to play them in the championship game. I think the Colts are the team best capable of beating the Patriots.

So:

I hope the Colts win the wild card game - they're the 4th seed. They'll end up playing the Patriots as long as the Chiefs win.

That would kille 2 birds with one stone, if you will. We would end up playing the Chiefs, who are in my estimation the worst of the 6 teams in the playoffs, and the Colts would end up playing, and hopefully beating the Patriots.

I'll take the Colts in the AFC Championship before the Patriots. Our history against Manning has been much more favorable than that of Tom Brady.

SteelKnight
12-27-2010, 05:45 PM
The Colts have proven they can at least potentially beat the Patriots. If not for an errant pass by Manning at the end of the game (when the Colts were in field goal range only 3 behind! :doh:) that was intercepted, they would have beat New England.

Considering our track record, I don't think we want to play the Patriots. So ideally, the best scenerio would be one in which we don't have to play them in the championship game. I think the Colts are the team best capable of beating the Patriots.

So:

I hope the Colts win the wild card game - they're the 4th seed. They'll end up playing the Patriots as long as the Chiefs win.

That would kille 2 birds with one stone, if you will. We would end up playing the Chiefs, who are in my estimation the worst of the 6 teams in the playoffs, and the Colts would end up playing, and hopefully beating the Patriots.

I'll take the Colts in the AFC Championship before the Patriots. Our history against Manning has been much more favorable than that of Tom Brady.

You read my mind.

sharkweek
12-28-2010, 05:46 AM

I only want that if it means we're the #2 seed and KC and Indy both win their wild card games.

Otherwise I'd rather we get revenge or the Jets or Ravens get revenge because that's a far more realistic scenario without inferring us as already eliminated.

I don't mind playing Cassel: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008113009/2008/REG13/steelers@patriots

We have to be realistic here.

Um, did you forget about the Cards already? 9-7 is better than 8-8 or 7-9 but not by much, no one gave them a chance but they made it to the Superbowl and made a game of it.

And considering how the Giants and Steelers have both won Superbowls as wild card teams I honestly wouldn't be that surprised to see a 10-9 Seahawks or an 11-8 Rams team in the Superbowl. Don't get me wrong, I would be surprised, just not that surprised.

ricardisimo
12-28-2010, 02:29 PM
I want a rematch with the Pats. The Steelers are due to beat them.
I'm not sure we're due... Last I checked that was not the way they distributed wins in the National Football League. However, I'd like to see the four best teams in the title games, and that would include us vs. the Pats (as well as Atlanta-Philly, I think).

If we can't beat the Cheats, we don't belong in the SB.

steelerchad
12-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure we're due... Last I checked that was not the way they distributed wins in the National Football League. However, I'd like to see the four best teams in the title games, and that would include us vs. the Pats (as well as Atlanta-Philly, I think).

If we can't beat the Cheats, we don't belong in the SB.

The Browns had been due to beat us until they finally did after the 13th try. Based on that, we could be due to beat the Pats for another 6-8 tries. Here's who I'd like to play in this order.

KC
Jets
Colts
Ravens
Pats

SteelKnight
01-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Gosh KC sucks. I knew they m is if they beat the were going to lose to the Raiders. Now the only chance we will get to play them is if they beat the Ravens and the Jets beat the Colts.

So we will see either the Colts or Ravens most likely after the bye.

pete74
01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
im picking KC to knoch Baltimore out in round 1. i think they will be the surprise win

cubanstogie
01-02-2011, 04:06 PM
im picking KC to knoch Baltimore out in round 1. i think they will be the surprise win

after watching the Raiders destroy them physically I don't see how they could beat the Ravens. I give them no chance, but been wrong before.

cloppbeast
01-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, the Ravens will beat the Chiefs. Little doubt in my mind.

demarco5
01-02-2011, 05:52 PM
So its colts vs jets? Kc vs balt? Who do we play if jets beat colts and ravens beat kc? Id rather play colts or jets then ravens

PhantomJB93
01-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Well everyone's now assuming the Colts will play the Jets but they're locked in a close game with Tennessee in the third quarter and have looked weak at times this year so who knows:noidea:

Merchant
01-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Ravens didn't exactly look dominate against the Bengals. Every team has a really bad game.

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2011, 07:33 PM
My guess is Colts beat Jets and Ravens beat Chiefs, which means Peyton Manning vs. Steelers and Ravens v. Pats in 2 weeks

I would prefer to play the Chiefs at Heinz but doubt that happens

MasterOfPuppets
01-02-2011, 08:47 PM
So its colts vs jets? Kc vs balt? Who do we play if jets beat colts and ravens beat kc? Id rather play colts or jets then ravens
if the jets win , we get the winner of kc / balt.
if indy wins , we get indy.

Chadmagic
01-02-2011, 11:45 PM
But don't we get the team with the best record? If so and it's down to ravens/colts then we'd get the ravens.

VegasStlrFan
01-02-2011, 11:48 PM
But don't we get the team with the best record? If so and it's down to ravens/colts then we'd get the ravens.

Highest seeded team

MasterOfPuppets
01-03-2011, 03:41 AM
as vegas said , it goes by seeding. whatever team is left with the highest seeding is who we play...
1 NE
2 Pitt
3 Indy
4 KC
5 Balt
6 NYJ

SH-Rock
01-03-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm hoping KC and the Colts win next week so we face KC and the Pats face the Colts.

MasterOfPuppets
01-03-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm hoping KC and the Colts win next week so we face KC and the Pats face the Colts.
if the colts win, we play the colts....the steelers have to play the HIGHEST seeded team thats left...the colts are the 3rd seed. :doh: the only way the steelers play kc is if the jets and kc win.

cubanstogie
01-03-2011, 11:13 PM
if the colts win, we play the colts....the steelers have to play the HIGHEST seeded team thats left...the colts are the 3rd seed. :doh: the only way the steelers play kc is if the jets and kc win.

yep, not holding my breath for that to happen though.

Shea
01-04-2011, 12:02 AM
I feel like I've been behind all season (I really miss not having sunday ticket and seeing all the games) so just now I'm getting a feel and understanding on the playoff match ups.

I don't want to face the Pats, but that would add to a wonderful championship story if we get there by taking out those assholes.

SH-Rock
01-04-2011, 06:05 AM

Oh woops...Then it's KC and the Jets I hope that win or Indy and Balt so that the Ravens and knock off the Pats.

BritishSteel
01-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Oh woops...Then it's KC and the Jets I hope that win or Indy and Balt so that the Ravens and knock off the Pats.

I hope for an Colts and Ravens win - I think we can do the Colts at our place and Baltimore/Patriots is a win/win for us - Baltimore win and the Championship game is at home. Patriots win and you know it's only after the Ravens have busted them up - If we gotta go through Foxborough, I'd rather it was after the Ravens had already smacked 'em around first.

1st&Goal
01-05-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't want to face the Pats, but that would add to a wonderful championship story if we get there by taking out those assholes.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

sarahpalinhater
01-05-2011, 08:12 PM
We are gonna play the Chiefs. KC is great at home. And Baltimore's little QB will crumble. And I also think the Jets will beat Indy. They can run the ball, and Indy can't stop it. Unless Sanchez makes alot of errors,,,I feel they will win.

Round 2:

Jets at New England

KC at Pittsburgh.

cubanstogie
01-05-2011, 08:17 PM
We are gonna play the Chiefs. KC is great at home. And Baltimore's little QB will crumble. And I also think the Jets will beat Indy. They can run the ball, and Indy can't stop it. Unless Sanchez makes alot of errors,,,I feel they will win.

Round 2:

Jets at New England

KC at Pittsburgh.

I have the opposite pics from you, I like the Ravens and Colts. Then again I like Sarah Palin too.

Superbowl
01-08-2011, 08:28 AM
I have the opposite pics from you, I like the Ravens and Colts. Then again I like Sarah Palin too.

Ravens are a pretty good team and have REED back. I think Ravens come hard on Cassel and win.

I'd love to see Indy lose, and not afraid of Manning against my Pats as much as the refs giving Manning gift calls as they did in 06 and almost every year.

I think your Steelers are fine till you play the Pats and then Pats need to tackle Ben or he'll clean up passing on the run and pats need to win the turn over battle.

I think Pats are fine against the run, I think the Pats need to stop giving up one big play after another on passing plays, and get concerned on Pats giving up huge yardage on interference calls. I feel good if Pats win the turnover battle with Troy back pats need to stay clear of TP. Pats need to come on strong early against any of the teams. Pats were dead after loosing Welker and then a touchdown on the first play to Ravens last year and just don't come with passion when they fall behind, You want to score early on Pats for they don't always respond to the challenge having only a few leaders left on the team

Both teams (pats/steelers) get to stay at home this weekend and watch:hatsoff:

SH-Rock
01-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Let's have some predictions going

Packers vs Eagles- Packers
Ravens vs Chiefs- Chiefs
Jets vs Indy- Indy
Saints vs Seahawks- Saints....

fortmemphis
01-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Well, the Jets beat the Colts and are going to Foxboro next week. I hope they can take the Pats out. I guess we want to the Chiefs to beat the Ravens so we can host them instead of Baltimore. I will be truly honest, I really dont want to play New England again, And if we could be fortunate enough to win our first game and could host the Jets, I think we could take them. No way they beat us two times in one year at Heinz Field and I would think we would have sort of chip on our shoulders because of how the refs helped them out so much in the previous game.