PDA

View Full Version : Sinorice Moss & Drew Rosenhaus

coachspeak33
04-07-2006, 11:55 AM
A lot of people have the Steelers taking this guy at the end of round 1. One would think he could help immediately at WR and though he has little experience at returning kicks and punts, his athleticism and quickness would translate as an asset in the return game. I dont know about how much I like him anyway, but do you think that Drew Rosenhaus being his agent decreases the likelihood of the Steelers drafting him?

tony hipchest
04-07-2006, 12:02 PM
that and him being from THE U. my thoughts from a prior thread:

the question is what would be his off season priorities? working out and developing chemistry with ben, or blazing a few blunts with edge, wearing wigs and novelty year 2000 sunglasses with portis, hunting lessons from s. talyor, and learning to pop wheelies on a crotch rocket with the souljah down on the beaches of miami? hell plex is even in on the mix of the mini michael irvin crew. scratch him off the list.

coachspeak33
04-07-2006, 12:06 PM
I agree. I just dont think he is a STEELER!!!!! A lot of folks have him penciled in at 32 for us though... makes me a little nervous.

tony hipchest
04-07-2006, 12:15 PM
i dont know if he has any character issues but the steelers havent drafted a player from the U in about 14 years (and this is one of the most heavilly drafted college teams in the nfl) and i dont think the steelers have ever had a player with rosenhaus as his agent. it could be a bad stereotype but maybe the steelers just play it conservatively by not even messing with these people. but im all for ben having a blue chip wr opposite ward. im just not sure the answer lies there with the #32 pick.

coachspeak33
04-07-2006, 12:30 PM
I believe Holmes is the real deal.... Not a snowballs chance that we get him... but other than him I feel too shaky about any other WR that we could take in round 1..... A WR i would like to see them snatch up (might be able to get him in rd 3) is Jason Avant. Very effective blocker from the WR position and he was a nice big ten pass catcher. I think his skills would translate well in our system. Would love to see him "caddy" for Hines and just soak up the knowledge

Midnightwriter1
04-07-2006, 01:23 PM
from the U, Steelers wont take him.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-07-2006, 01:57 PM
...and let that fire burn someone else's house down.

slashsteel
04-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Moss has a injury checkered past and hasn't been productive. No thank you.

clevestinks
04-07-2006, 02:18 PM
that and him being from THE U. my thoughts from a prior thread:

the question is what would be his off season priorities? working out and developing chemistry with ben, or blazing a few blunts with edge, wearing wigs and novelty year 2000 sunglasses with portis, hunting lessons from s. talyor, and learning to pop wheelies on a crotch rocket with the souljah down on the beaches of miami? hell plex is even in on the mix of the mini michael irvin crew. scratch him off the list.
Nice post, LOl. rep points

Suitanim
04-07-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm torn...Nance at #64? Do we try to pull the trigger sooner than that? If so, how soon? If not Nance, reach a little for a project? I'm warming to the idea of moving up and trying for Holmes. OSU has been WRU for the past 15 years, and this kid is NFL ready. Big strong, fast, good hands...

Midnightwriter1
04-07-2006, 03:31 PM
I think Nance will be around till 3rd round. he had a bad pro day and a bad combine and past injury's ... i dont think he will be going anywhere too early.

tony hipchest
04-07-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm warming to the idea of moving up and trying for Holmes. OSU has been WRU for the past 15 years, and this kid is NFL ready. Big strong, fast, good hands...there is one thing that would make me feel good about this move. the steelers would be moving up to (most likely) take the 1st wr off the board. i could be wrong on one of these, but im pretty sure faneca, k. simmons, polamalu, and h. miller were the 1st selected at their respective positions. the trend seems to be if the steelers are gonna take the first anybody, they are gonna be as close to a sure thing as you can get.

if they have the same faith to make this move that they had in polamalu, i dont think i could second guess it. a jump ahead of denvers 1st pick may be in order but looking at the polamalu trade, the steelers can afford it alot easier than they could then.

Suitanim
04-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Miami is very high on Holmes, but that could mean anything.

Nance's stock has been dropping since Ben left Oxford, but that doesn't mean some other team (aka the Cleveland Browns) don't have a bead on this kid.

Since we're all sort of on the same page about needing a WR, here's a WORST case scenario:

We don't move up, and the top 2-3 WR's are gone at 32 (and we don't like Moss' Miami connection), so we draft some other position there. Second round rolls around and Browns snatch up Ben's favorite College target.

Now what? Not to say that there aren't talented WR's to be had in RD3+, but it becomes much more of a crap shoot. Fred Gibson comes to mind. I'm not bagging on the Steelers for that reach, because by RD 3, the "sure bet" guys are gone, and WR is a difficult position to project in any round.

Just food for thought...

Midnightwriter1
04-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Brandon Marshall WR Central Florida
6-4 230 runs a 4.5 40 he will be there as well as

Stoval .. notre Dame 6-4 217

Demetrious Williams Oregan

Avant... Michigan 6-0 209

Hannon Tennessee 6- 3 205

There are and will be plenty of receivers through the first 3 rounds. The top 3 the draft experts have going in the first round .. Haggens Moss, Jackson. Since i dont think the Steelers would take Moss....

IF Nance is gone in 2nd ... then possibly Stoval ( who i would love ).

Suitanim
04-07-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm well aware of the guys who are out there, but, there is a drop off from the top few guys to these guys, and, again, it has to do with the key to the position, which is "Can this guy seperate in the NFL?"

Some guys demonstrate the ability in college, but only the few who play against top talent.

Midnightwriter1
04-07-2006, 08:27 PM
I think Stoval will be a very good NFL receiver. I wouldnt mind him at all. In years past, the top receivers arent always the ones who last for whatever reason.