PDA

View Full Version : Roger Goodell Allows Felon Perish Cox On The Field; NFL Hypocrisy?

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Roger Goodell Allows Felon Perish Cox On The Field; NFL Hypocrisy?

http://pwspoilers.com/roger-goodell-allows-felon-perish-cox-on-the-field-nfl-hypocrisy=4041

In yet another stupid decision by Roger Goodell, Perrish Cox of the Denver Broncos was allowed to play this weekend against the Arizona Cardinals. For those that do not know, Cox was arrested and charged with felony sexual assault. Why is he on the field?

Letís journey back to this past summer. Ben Roethlisberger was crushed by the media and crucified for an alleged sexual misconduct. He was treated like a child, and the day after it happened he was in Roger Goodellís office where he got suspended for 6 games (4 if he behaved well while he was suspended). Roethlisberger was never arrested or even taken in for questioning in the incident.

All that being said, Cox was arrested and is going to be tried for felony sexual assault. He plans to plead not guilty with temporary insanity as his defense which is claimed due to a concussion that Cox suffered earlier in the week. Yet, Cox is still on the field tonight. He never had to visit Goodell, and there is no talk of suspension.

The incident in question happened on the night of October 28th, but charges were not formally filed until last week. Charges were never filed for Roethlisberger, but he was suspended immediately. If Cox was suspended immediately, he would have had to have been suspended before the Broncos left for London. Cox has now been available for 5 games since he allegedly committed his crime. Roethlisberger missed the first 4 games of the season. Cox has missed 0. Does this seem right to anyone? I hope not.

This is just another way to prove that Goodell makes his own rules and does not have any defined rules for what is supposed to happen when someone does something wrong. There are no set standards. The rules basically amount to however the commissioner feels at the time.

I realize Perrish Cox is a nobody and Ben Roethlisberger is a two time Super Bowl champion, so everyone knows who he is. Regardless, this is not fair to him, the Steelers or the fans. The only thing Roger Goodell cares about is money and how the NFL looks because Roethlisberger is a big name. He had to make his point that someone who represents the league in a large fashion needs to act differently than what someone who barely plays does, even if the incident was worse and actually brought about charges.

So, if you are a superstar and someone says you committed a crime, then you get chastised and suspended for what it does to the NFL brand. If youíre a nobody, then what you did does not matter.

Well, actually, that is not true either. Brett Favre is a big name that is still allowed to play, and he has been up for alleged sexual harassment against a league employee for months now but nothing has happened. The commish does not want to be the one who pulls Brett off the field when he only has four games left before he retires for good. He couldnít take him away from the fans who may never see him again. That may cost him money and we know the commish doesnít lose money. So the rules change again.

I suppose the rule is that if you are Ben Roethlisberger, or even just a Steelers player, the league will bring down the hammer. Ask James Harrison ó heíll agree with that.

All-in-all, it comes down to the same thing: Goodell has too much power, he is a moron, and the NFL is becoming a joke under his reign. We can only hope it ends soon.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-14-2010, 07:09 PM
I hadn't even heard about this until a friend told me.

jizzballz
12-14-2010, 07:28 PM
innocent till proven guilty.

thats saying ben is a felon, which means your a hyopcrite.

SteelCityMom
12-14-2010, 07:34 PM

Ummm...yeah, we get that. Do you get that Ben was suspended without charges, and this guy is going to trial and isn't being suspended?

Letís journey back to this past summer. Ben Roethlisberger was crushed by the media and crucified for an alleged sexual misconduct. He was treated like a child, and the day after it happened he was in Roger Goodellís office where he got suspended for 6 games (4 if he behaved well while he was suspended). Roethlisberger was never arrested or even taken in for questioning in the incident.

All that being said, Cox was arrested and is going to be tried for felony sexual assault. He plans to plead not guilty with temporary insanity as his defense which is claimed due to a concussion that Cox suffered earlier in the week. Yet, Cox is still on the field tonight. He never had to visit Goodell, and there is no talk of suspension.

The incident in question happened on the night of October 28th, but charges were not formally filed until last week. Charges were never filed for Roethlisberger, but he was suspended immediately. If Cox was suspended immediately, he would have had to have been suspended before the Broncos left for London. Cox has now been available for 5 games since he allegedly committed his crime. Roethlisberger missed the first 4 games of the season. Cox has missed 0. Does this seem right to anyone? I hope not

vasteeler
12-14-2010, 07:40 PM

please tell me this is a joke :doh:

Fire Arians
12-14-2010, 07:47 PM
because he hates the steelers and is probably a browns fan

toughsticks87
12-14-2010, 09:37 PM
What a joke. What a freaking joke. I hate Goodell.

DanRooney
12-14-2010, 10:41 PM
because he hates the steelers and is probably a browns fan

He's actually a Ravens fan.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/08/goodells_ties_to_baltimore_run_deep.html

Merchant
12-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Add it all to the list.. Vince Young's strip club fight, Shaun Rogers' gun in the airport, the Seymour punch, the Finnegan/Johnson fight..

Absolutely ridiculous. I have no words.

Steelersfan4life0655
12-14-2010, 11:51 PM
i dont have anything to say, other than wow!

pghfrank62
12-15-2010, 07:08 AM
You might think im crazy but I blame the Players Union for not sticking up for their members, and put a stop what God dell is doing. There is no reason behind his policies. They make no sense at all when it comes to High Profile Players and the means he has of treating them. Look at all the hits Ben takes and nothing from the NFL Front Office. I for one am sick of the lack comment from the Players Union on all of it.

TRH
12-15-2010, 09:08 AM
At minimum......if even just to set a fair and balanced standard.....this guy should be on an "indefinite suspension" until (if...) he's even found innocent. These are charges on the books.
Its the 'conduct policy' at the least.
No question about it.

lionslicer
12-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Its a Broncos player... Not like he'll help them win in anyway.....

But don't jump the gun, Goodell might suspend him next week. But if by then he doesn't, then he's a hypocrite

sharkweek
12-15-2010, 10:35 AM
to be fair, most of the suspensions have been from supposed repeat offenders

the ridiculous part is how Ben was suspended without even an arrest or even a mere charge, worse than "guilty until proven innocent", the only thing we can be certain of is that Ben wasn't classiest guy prior to all this and that he enjoyed kinky sex with otherwise consensual partners

was such behavior acceptable? no, and I'm glad he got suspended because ultimately I think he became a better person and player, but he was guilty of no crime or breaking any rule as it was written, Goodell had to change it on the fly to get Ben suspended

Third Rail
12-15-2010, 01:44 PM
If the NFL is the American taxpayer, Roger Goodell is the IRS.

If the NFL is the Beatles, Roger Goodell is Yoko Ono.

If the NFL is the Gulf of Mexico, Roger Goodell is BP.

Goodell has no rules and ruins everything.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-15-2010, 01:50 PM
was such behavior acceptable? no, and I'm glad he got suspended because ultimately I think he became a better person and player, but he was guilty of no crime or breaking any rule as it was written, Goodell had to change it on the fly to get Ben suspended

I can agree with this.

jizzballz
12-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Add it all to the list.. Vince Young's strip club fight, Shaun Rogers' gun in the airport, the Seymour punch, the Finnegan/Johnson fight..

Absolutely ridiculous. I have no words.

the gun on the plane, he should of been sent to jail, he was probably transporting it for a hit lol

TRH
12-15-2010, 05:46 PM
this "allowing" Goodell and his 2 or 3 buddies in the front office to be able to reign completely free has got to stop. Its as if the NFL is their own little sandbox and they're little boys.
The players union should throw some kind of wrench in this when they strike and demand some kind of a change.

pitt0wns
12-16-2010, 01:37 AM
Your are guilty until proven innocent . end of story.

Ben was never charged or arressted and he gets 6 weeks? LOL

Goodell rocks.

fer522
12-16-2010, 12:15 PM
He's actually a Ravens fan.

i hate his ass even more now!

Rick5895
12-16-2010, 02:13 PM
You might think im crazy but I blame the Players Union for not sticking up for their members, and put a stop what God dell is doing. There is no reason behind his policies. They make no sense at all when it comes to High Profile Players and the means he has of treating them. Look at all the hits Ben takes and nothing from the NFL Front Office. I for one am sick of the lack comment from the Players Union on all of it.

Problem here though Frank is this, most big unions (or the executive officer anyway) are in bed with the employer. In this case Smith with Goodell.

finesward
12-20-2010, 10:15 AM
More hypocrisy from the league...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Another-sideline-tripping-incident-earns-?urn=nfl-297986

GEUWad4jo7g

By Chris Chase (usually hate this douchebag, but at least he is stirring the pot AGAINST the commish instead of sucking up to him like he did when Harrison was getting fined -)

A New York Jets coach isn't the only one throwing up human obstacles on the sideline during punt coverage. FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reported on Sunday that the NFL was "quietly investigating" another incident last week involving Tyler Brayton(notes) of the Carolina Panthers, in which the defensive end ran off the bench to elbow an Atlanta Falcons player in the head after he was blocked out of bounds during a punt return.

The fine was issued on Friday but was not made public.

It wasn't made public? Are the league offices turning into the Nixon White House? If there was every any doubt that the league is more interested in the perception of caring about player safety rather than the practice of it, this is it. The NFL made a big to-do about Sal Alosi and issued him a harsh punishment befitting that outrage. Brayton does something that's much worse and much more dirty (he ran over to play and threw an elbow) and the league tries a Friday news dump and issues a nominal fine?

Brayton was forced to pay $15,000 from his $2.2 million salary, while Alosi earned a suspension for the rest of the season and a $25,000 fine. And he makes a normal salary as a strength and conditioning coach, not the millions Brayton does. That's pure and utter hypocrisy. (Throw in the fact that Brayton has a past history of dirty play and it's even worse. In 2006 he was fined $25,000 for kneeing another player in the groin.)

If both Alosi and Brayton did the same thing on the same day, logic dictates that they're far from the only team members to engage in these sorts of practices. The NFL has issued warnings to teams about forming walls on the sideline and that seemed like the respectable thing to do. Trying to cover up another incident re-raises the red flag though.

There's a problem with NFL punt returns and the league needs to act more strongly than issuing another memo. Something is happening here and I don't know what it is. Do you, Mr. Goodell?

IowaSteeler927
12-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Goodell is the Josef Stalin/Fidel Castro/Sadaam Hussein of the NFL. He is quickly starting to make his own rules and impose his will over everything and everyone in the NFL. It's absolutely ludicrous. This guy is so corrupt and power hungry it's not even funny. He portrays himself as this nice guy, hard working, blue collar commissioner that everyone can love and relate to and really he's nothing less than a dictator.

finesward
12-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Even MORE hypocrisy...seems to be a hot topic around the league these days.... Vikings

The playing surface at TCF Bank Stadium is "as hard as concrete" and "unplayable," Minnesota punter Chris Kluwe tweeted Sunday afternoon after a brief practice there. "The field is as hard as concrete an hour and a half after they took the tarp off, and anyone that hits their head is getting a concussion. ... I find it interesting that the NFL can claim an emphasis on player safety, and then tell us the field is fine. It's beyond hypocritical. ... I can only hope, however unlikely, that no one gets catastrophically injured at the trainwreck that's about to take place tomorrow night," Kluwe said.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10354/1112187-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz18fqffEWy

USWSteel
12-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Ummm...yeah, we get that. Do you get that Ben was suspended without charges, and this guy is going to trial and isn't being suspended?

Do you realize that Ben is still in for a civil trial for raping a women in Nevada which his lawyers have been unsuccessful in getting thrown out of court ? How long do you think his suspension will be if he is found guilty by a jury ?

SteelCityMom
12-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Do you realize that Ben is still in for a civil trial for raping a women in Nevada which his lawyers have been unsuccessful in getting thrown out of court ? How long do you think his suspension will be if he is found guilty by a jury ?

They don't find people guilty in civil trials. It's liable and not liable, and beyond a reasonable doubt is not applied. If the judge or jury thinks there's a 51% chance that he did it, they'll find him liable and she'll get her money.

It still doesn't change the fact that Ben was suspended while no charges of any kind were pending...yet this guy has a trial date set for the same thing and is still allowed to play. You're talking future possibilities, I'm talking about current standards.