PDA

View Full Version : Complete First Round Mock

MDSteel15
12-14-2010, 06:07 PM
1. Cincinatti- Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford (They have to be tired of Carson's demise)
2. Carolina- Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
3. Detroit- Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
4. Buffalo- Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
5. Denver- Nick Fairley, DL, Auburn
6. Arizona- Jake Locker, QB, Washington
7. Dallas- Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
8. Minnesota- Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
9. San Francisco- Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
10.Cleveland- AJ Green, WR, Georgia
11.Houston- Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida
12.New England(from Oakland)- Ryan Kerrigan, DE/OLB, Purdue
13.Tennessee- Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
14.Miami- Cam Newton, QB, Auburn(Surprised?)
15.Seattle- Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
16.Washington- Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
17.Tampa Bay- Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
18.San Diego- Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
19.Indianapolis- Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
20.Green Bay- Von Miller, LB, Texas AM
21.NY Jets- Cameron Jordan, DL, California
22.NY Giants- Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
23.Baltimore- Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma(
24.New Orleans- Jeremy Beal, DE, Oklahoma
25.St Louis- Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt
26.Philadelphia- Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
27.Jacksonville- Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
28.Chicago- Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
29.Kansas City- Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St
30.Pittsburgh- Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
31.Atlanta- Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
32.New England- Rodney Hudson, OL, Florida St

Tear it up!

theplatypus
12-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Assuming that the draft actually works out this way I would rather have Hudson. The OL is a far more pressing need at this point.

MDSteel15
12-14-2010, 06:50 PM
I was going to give us Solder or a CB but it's tough with these other teams needs and us ranked so hi right now! Wanted to put in the DE from Iowa

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Not bad. Still early but a name that I really like is Marvin Austin. I don't know if I would consider his suspension to be a major diciplinary issue and he is going to come into the draft rested and will probably tear up the combine(will have had a lot of time to train for it). In my opinion he is still worthy of a top ten pick but many teams may be turned off. If we could grab him in the late first I think we would have a huge steal.

Some other positions I would like to look at in round one are CB, S, OG and also probably try to a get a 3-4 DE in the mid or later rounds

jizzballz
12-17-2010, 06:54 PM
We definitley need to go secondary.

steelerdave1969
12-18-2010, 12:10 PM
How can anyone with any common sense think that the Steelers Biggest Need right now Isnt Offensive Line? . . . Come On Man . . :coffee:

MDSteel15
12-19-2010, 02:04 AM
How can anyone with any common sense think that the Steelers Biggest Need right now Isnt Offensive Line? . . . Come On Man . . :coffee:

Really? Who's out this week and the rest of the season? And who the hell is backing him up? Exactly, NO ONE! We all know we need O-line but lord knows we aint picking any!!!

theplatypus
12-19-2010, 05:26 AM
Really? Who's out this week and the rest of the season? And who the hell is backing him up? Exactly, NO ONE! We all know we need O-line but lord knows we aint picking any!!!

We picked a center last year. I'm pretty sure that Tomlin and the FO have a better grasp of the situation than any of us.

MDSteel15
12-19-2010, 09:10 AM
We picked a center last year. I'm pretty sure that Tomlin and the FO have a better grasp of the situation than any of us.

True, but what I am saying is that every year we put our mocks out here with us taking a tackle and every year we pass them up for another position! Clark isn't getting any better so why not a top safety to help Troy and the rest of our D in the passing game?

cloppbeast
12-19-2010, 09:41 AM

First of all, the Steelers don't draft for need. For the most part, and with few exceptions, they draft the best player available - within reason.

Second of all, I can say that the Steelers biggest need is not o-line. It's been unfortunate this year that they've been marred by injuries. They've lost both tackles for the season! Still, most of the Steelers starting lineman are here for the long haul.

LT - Max Starks: an average left tackle and he's 28. If I had to guess, he'll probably be here for a while.
LG - Chris Kemoeatu: certainly not elite, but he's a good run blocker. He'll be here for a while.
C - Maurkice Pouncey: needs no explanation. He's here for the long haul.
RG - Ramon Foster: is he the answer? Possibly, but I doubt it. We'll know more in the next couple of weeks.
RT - Willie Colon: one of the better right tackles in the game, and he's only 27. He'll be here for a while.

While nobody would argue that the o-line is the strength of this team, they still have decent young players who are at least serviceable. Keep in mind, this offensive line is basically composed of middle to late round picks. Considering, that's pretty impressive.

I certainly wouldn't want to upgrade LT with my first round pick just to go from average to good when Casey Hampton is 32. We have absolutely nobody there after the Big Snack.

IowaSteeler927
12-20-2010, 04:14 AM
I was going to give us Solder or a CB but it's tough with these other teams needs and us ranked so hi right now! Wanted to put in the DE from Iowa

Oh how it would be awesome to see Adrian Clayborn in a Pittsburgh Steeler uniform.

theplatypus
12-20-2010, 04:51 AM
First of all, the Steelers don't draft for need. For the most part, and with few exceptions, they draft the best player available - within reason.

Second of all, I can say that the Steelers biggest need is not o-line. It's been unfortunate this year that they've been marred by injuries. They've lost both tackles for the season! Still, most of the Steelers starting lineman are here for the long haul.

LT - Max Starks: an average left tackle and he's 28. If I had to guess, he'll probably be here for a while.
LG - Chris Kemoeatu: certainly not elite, but he's a good run blocker. He'll be here for a while.
C - Maurkice Pouncey: needs no explanation. He's here for the long haul.
RG - Ramon Foster: is he the answer? Possibly, but I doubt it. We'll know more in the next couple of weeks.
RT - Willie Colon: one of the better right tackles in the game, and he's only 27. He'll be here for a while.

While nobody would argue that the o-line is the strength of this team, they still have decent young players who are at least serviceable. Keep in mind, this offensive line is basically composed of middle to late round picks. Considering, that's pretty impressive.

I certainly wouldn't want to upgrade LT with my first round pick just to go from average to good when Casey Hampton is 32. We have absolutely nobody there after the Big Snack.

We repeatedly get killed by missed blocks and blitzes up the middle. I would bet that the FO thinks O-line is biggest area of concern.

cloppbeast
12-20-2010, 09:26 PM
We repeatedly get killed by missed blocks and blitzes up the middle. I would bet that the FO thinks O-line is biggest area of concern.

Bryant McFadden also repeatedly gets been by less than average receivers. Ike Taylor will be 31 next year. It's not apparent that Crezdon Butler could one day be a starting corner back in the NFL, and Keenan Lewis hardly even 'getting a hat' in his second year. The depth chart doesn't look promising either.

Casey Hampton will be 34 next year with no Nose Tackle waiting in the wings.

Ryan Clark will be 32 next year with no Free Safety waiting in the wings.

Brett Keisel will be 33 next year with no defensive end waiting in the wings (Ziggy Hood will eventually replace Aaron Smith who will be 35 next year)

James Farrior will be 36, but I highly doubt they'll address ILB. They have a lot of depth at that position with Fox, Foote and Sylvester.

I can guarantee they won't draft an offensive linemen because they "repeatedly get killed by missed blocks and blitzes up the middle." With so many aging veterans on the defense, I highly doubt they'll draft an offensive linemen period. But if they do, it will only be because they found a right guard who happens to be the BPA.

I personally think they'll either go CB or NT in the first round.

To address the offensive line, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they signed a free agent right guard in the off season.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-21-2010, 09:55 AM
I'll honestly be surprised if Gabe Carimi goes before the 2nd round. He has heavy feet and looks to be a guy that is a RT only. Maybe the Gosder Cherilus of this years draft.

As for not needing an OT, I think that is completely false. Starks has 2 years left on his contract and his departure needs to be planned for. Colon may not recover fully from his injury and we could get outbid for him anyways. Tony Hills is.........Tony Hills. I think the future of RT will be Chris Scott.

I expect the Steelers to draft 2 O linemen this year. One on day 1 and another interior linemen in the 4th or 5th. I would really consider drafting Nate Potter, OT from Boise St in the 1st round if he declares for the draft and is around when we pick.

steelerdave1969
12-21-2010, 11:32 AM

MD . . I think that I am pretty aware of who was out last game vs the Jets, but who is protecting our Franchise QB? You gotta be kidding if you think that getting a Backup Safety is More Important than getting a Starting OG or OT either through the draft or free agency to give our QB a little more protection and time to get passes off to a very talented Recieving Corp. IF they Dont get some more talent on this Offensive Line to protect Ben then he will not last much longer . . I dont care how big and tough he is. Wake up kid and see what is most important here. And I also find it pretty funny to hear that Willie Colon is one of the Best OT's in the league . .. . . lmao. And by the way . . Who is Out For The Rest of The Season that your talking about?

cloppbeast
12-23-2010, 11:17 AM
As for not needing an OT, I think that is completely false. Starks has 2 years left on his contract and his departure needs to be planned for. Colon may not recover fully from his injury and we could get outbid for him anyways. Tony Hills is.........Tony Hills. I think the future of RT will be Chris Scott.

I couldn't disagree more. The labor agreement clouds things, but I would be extremely surprised if Starks wasn't given an extension this offseason. Reason being: there aren't any other legitimate LTs on the roster. He might be average, but he's better than anything else we have. And there's no guarantee the Steelers will get someobdy that's any good in the draft.

cloppbeast
12-23-2010, 11:27 AM
MD . . I think that I am pretty aware of who was out last game vs the Jets, but who is protecting our Franchise QB? You gotta be kidding if you think that getting a Backup Safety is More Important than getting a Starting OG or OT either through the draft or free agency to give our QB a little more protection and time to get passes off to a very talented Recieving Corp. IF they Dont get some more talent on this Offensive Line to protect Ben then he will not last much longer . . I dont care how big and tough he is. Wake up kid and see what is most important here. And I also find it pretty funny to hear that Willie Colon is one of the Best OT's in the league . .. . . lmao. And by the way . . Who is Out For The Rest of The Season that your talking about?

They might draft a guard on the first day, but they aren't going to draft a tackle.

The Steelers draft players for the future, not for the next season. Defensive end could have possibly been our strongest position following the 2008 season, but that didn't stop them from drafting Hood. This is because in their estimation Hood was the best player, and Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel are both in their 30's.

Last year, outside linebacker certainly wasn't the area of biggest need, but that didn't stop them from drafting Jason Worilds in the second round. Why do you think that was? BPA, Woodley's contract situation, and Harrison is 30-couple.

The Steelers draft for the future, not for next season. The future of the Steelers offensive line is pretty much on the roster (except for RG)- even if you don't like it. For better or worse, we may be stuck with Starks and Kemo on the right side for a while.

So you can sit here until your blue in the face talking about how the line is the Steelers biggest deficiency, but that doesn't mean they'll address it on the first day.