PDA

View Full Version : Stop and Go Radio

PisnNapalm
04-07-2006, 05:34 PM
A friend and I co-host a new internet radio station. On Friday nights we're starting a live broadcast segment.

http://www.stopandgoradio.com <==original site.

http://beta.stopandgoradio.com <==New website in the building phase. We've got a chat room you can access and let us know your thoughts as we broadcast. :)

We're planning on starting the broadcast around 9:30 pm EDT. We'll be talking about various things. We never know what direction our conversation will take us. Topic usually include my "Pissed off Bus Driver" segment. I drive a school bus and believe me... it's a source of never ending material. Other topics might include movies, computer games, sports, etc... Typical guy stuff.

This is our second go at a live show. We did one last week. We had a few bugs, but for the most part have everything sorted out. :cool:

If you do listen in we'd love to hear your feedback. You can register and post on the forums at the beta site.

Thanks for reading this far. Take it easy. :bouncy:

Suitanim
04-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Suggestions for topics:

-Giant rabbits terrorizing English countryside
-Chainsaw wielding pensioners terrorizing Japanese Grocers

Stlrs4Life
04-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Will you be on tonite?

PisnNapalm
04-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Yup! Starting at around 9:30 pm.

Stlrs4Life
04-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Cool, just registered. I'm listening to the music now.

Stlrs4Life
04-07-2006, 09:21 PM
That IP you see is probably mine. I checked my email, I haven't received anything from the site to finish regestering yet.

PisnNapalm
04-07-2006, 09:26 PM
You may have to change the www. to "beta. " in the authentication email so it will work right.

We're getting ready to start.

PisnNapalm
04-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Having a minor technical difficulty with a microphone. He's switching it out for a new one now. 9:45 start time.

EDIT:: Ack... We're having issues with Skype. It used to be a stable application, however the last couple of updates have been for crap. I apologize.

PisnNapalm
04-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Well... We did the show for about 3 hours. Thanks for tuning in. :) I think the problem with SKype right now is it's got a memory leak and will periodically crash on the broadcasting computer.

Skype is the Voice Over IP application we use to hold the conference call.

We'll try again in a week or so.

Stlrs4Life
04-08-2006, 10:21 AM
OK, got your pm.

ListerD
04-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Suggestions for topics:

-Giant rabbits terrorizing English countryside

:sofunny: It's got big gnarly teeth!

The http://beta.stopandgoradio.com points to the same site now. I guess I could just kill the beta entry.

Stlrs4Life: I manually approved it so you should be good to go over there. Let me know if you're having problems. Use the contact address at the site.

We've been having some odd problems with live audio which I believe we've now gotten taken care of. We'll test some tonight and see.

The foundation of the "station" (heh, I'm a poet and don't know it!) will be the Friday night show, with a final produced podcast a close second.

Once we narrow down the format some more we could add a sports segment so you guys can rag on each other some. I got the idea last Friday when Steve tied into it with a guest about Cinci's football record of late :bouncy: I was off mic trying to check the audio and these two get into it about football.

Rick
:peace:

PisnNapalm
04-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey Rick! Welcome to Steelers Fever! hehe

WE're gonna be trying another go at a live show tonight. Should be ready to go by 9:30 p.m. I'm hoping our friend Jimi joins us again even though he's a Bunghole fan. :P

ListerD
04-14-2006, 08:55 PM
If anyone is interested we're "on air" tonight as well. The show itself starts around 8:30 PM Central time.

There is news running now, followed by a short show from Australia and then the show at around 8:30.

PisnNapalm
04-14-2006, 08:56 PM
LMAO!! we posted at the same time! heh

PisnNapalm
04-21-2006, 06:53 PM
There will be a new podcast aired tonight instead of our regular live segments. Rick is out of town for the weekend so we put together a 52 minute podcast.

Afterward I'll probably play some selelcted music. All CCL of course. CCL is Creative Commons Licensed.... meaning anyone can play it for free. Well... as long as you give credit to the artist. It's all songs I've used in the past. :cool:

Stop by and take a listen. First segment will air at 9:30 pm EDT. http://www.stopandgoradio.com :bouncy:

3 to be 4
04-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Pisnnapalm...Party Time...Excellent.................

tony hipchest
04-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Pisnnapalm...Party Time...Excellent.................

*literally laughing out loud!* :sofunny:

thats just plain stupid man! good stuff.

really though i gotta check out the podcast sometime.

PisnNapalm
04-21-2006, 08:40 PM
"Be advised... That I'm mean nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm. And I can put a round through a fleas ass at 200 meters. So go hump somebody else's leg muttface before I push yours in." Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway, Heartbreak Ridge

That quote is the origin of my gaming/online name. A long time ago I was into flying flight sims online. All the cool callsigns were taken so I came up with something completely unique from that quote. :)

tony hipchest
04-21-2006, 09:03 PM
"Be advised... That I'm mean nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm. And I can put a round through a fleas ass at 200 meters. So go hump somebody else's leg muttface before I push yours in." Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway, Heartbreak Ridge

That quote is the origin of my gaming/online name. A long time ago I was into flying flight sims online. All the cool callsigns were taken so I came up with something completely unique from that quote. :)

i knew i had heard that name in a in a movie somewhere. definitely a good call name for a pilot. and here

PisnNapalm
04-21-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm in the chat room on our website. The podcast just started.

ListerD
04-25-2006, 09:55 AM
The show went really well last Friday. Pisn (Steve) ran the show by himself since I was out of town.

We will be live again this Friday. This time Steve is out of town, but JJ will be joining me for a bit. We'll kick off around 7:00 PM with news programming and the live show starts around 8:30 PM Central time.

No specific theme this week. Talk will most likely cover:

* Some of the tech behind the scenes and some things we're working on.
* Gas Prices
* Rural living (what's going on in Missouri)
* Other

We'll be taking a few breaks to bring in a couple other segments that will be aired on the full weekend schedule once it starts.

http://www.stopandgoradio.com

Stlrs4Life
04-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Sounds cool. I like the rural living, nothing beats it.

ListerD
04-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Quick reminder that we're live tonight.

Live show begins around 8:30 PM Central. News programming up now.

PisnNapalm
05-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Tah dah!!

We're gonna be live again tonight. 9:30 pm EDT.

I will be starting off the show by recapping my fantastic trip to PITTSBURGH last weekend!! Wo0t!!

ListerD
05-05-2006, 05:26 PM
I will be starting off the show by recapping my fantastic trip to PITTSBURGH last weekend!! Wo0t!!

You will? That's news to me :cool: :wantsome: :duel:

PisnNapalm
05-05-2006, 06:16 PM
eerrruh? Did you change the schedule on me?

ListerD
05-05-2006, 06:41 PM
No... just messing with you!