PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Smith (punter) released

ETL
12-15-2010, 09:43 AM
An experienced punter was released by Washington today. I mention this as we have an inexperienced punter that we signed last week and I don't think it would hurt to bring him in for a tryout.

Hunter became the scapegoat for a missed extra point. I think he's a solid punter and was not cut because of his punting abilities.

joeyssteelcurtain
12-15-2010, 09:48 AM
I think that our punter did a very good job last sunday

theplatypus
12-15-2010, 09:59 AM
A 12 yeaar vet whose season average is down 3yds a kick, I'll pass.

MDSteel15
12-15-2010, 10:08 AM
A 12 yeaar vet whose season average is down 3yds a kick, I'll pass.

What he said :chuckle:

ETL
12-15-2010, 11:31 AM
I predict that there will be a time where we will be calling for this punter's head sometime soon.

steeltheone
12-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I've always liked Hunter the Punter...

lionslicer
12-15-2010, 11:36 AM
There's a reason why he was released, and I'm sure it was for more than being a crappy holder...

theplatypus
12-15-2010, 12:06 PM
I predict that there will be a time where we will be calling for this punter's head sometime soon.you mean like people here have called for tomlin's, lebeau's, Arians,mcfadden's, gay's and the list goes on and on

Atlanta Dan
12-15-2010, 02:40 PM
There's a reason why he was released, and I'm sure it was for more than being a crappy holder...

Not all appeances are deceiving - it's the Redskins and making a ritual human sacrifice for one botched play is how that team works

Smith figured someone would lose his job for the botched extra-point attempt that cost the Redskins a shot at overtime against Tampa Bay. And not surprisingly, Smith, who failed to catch the snap while holding on the play, was informed Tuesday that the Redskins had released him and signed Sam Paulescu to replace him as their punter and holder.

"Honestly, nothing surprises me after 12 years playing NFL football," Smith, who was in his second season with Washington, said in a phone interview.

"Obviously, if I catch the snap and we kick the extra point and go to overtime, I'm probably not cut today. So that's definitely disappointing. Obviously, this is not the way I wanted to finish the season."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/hunter-smith/this-is-how-it-works-and-hunte.html