PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think the Patriots are cheating again?

madtowndrunkard
12-15-2010, 10:35 AM
The last time we saw the Patriots play the level that are at right now, they were cheating. So they are known cheaters. Call me crazy but I'm thinking if a coach was willing to put as much time and effort into cheating like Bellicheat did in the past...wouldn't you think he'd be willing to do it again? NE did manage to win a few SB's by cheating, so it was working great for them until they got caught. A criminal does not stop committing crimes because he gets caught.....typically a criminal just tries not to get caught the next time.

maybe it's coincidence that the Patriots are blowing out every team they play? It sure looks like they know what plays to call at ever snap. Some how Brady always seems to know what WR is going to be uncovered. The WRs always seem to know when the defense will be man on man or zone....and amazingly Brady finds that guy immediately. So you almost never see a team blitz or get pressure on Brady.....he always seems to know a blitz is coming and always seems to be able to dump the ball off quickly or exploit the blitz.

Some how this YOUNG defense of theirs has suddenly turned into the best defense in the league. But of course you always see the worst defense in the league suddenly turn dominant mid season. That happens all the time right?

NE's success right now stinks of cheating. How is it that they are the only team in the league that seems to be dominant? The one team who is head and shoulders above the rest, just happens to be the same team caught for cheating just a few years ago.

I certainly hope Tomlin and co have some plans in the future to deal with what ever the Cheatriots are currently doing. Computer hacking and wire tapping are pretty easy things to pull off. Small time criminals and private investigators do this every day. So why wouldn't Bill Bellicheat?

drucifer
12-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Yup.

Whodis
12-15-2010, 10:43 AM
It's funny you mentioned the defense because I look at the struggles other teams are having with a young D (Baltimore's secondary). It's short of amazing to go from the bottom 5 to shutting teams out.

great discussion

vasteeler
12-15-2010, 10:48 AM
no i really dont but yes i do

MDSteel15
12-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Sure looks like they know exactly whats happening!

GMU Steeler
12-15-2010, 10:59 AM
I hope not but it's just weird how they go from having their D as a liability to practically shutting teams out and their offense wasn't exactly setting the world on fire eitehr. It wasn't bad but it wasn't what it is now. Really hope we can play them in the playoffs and get some revenge.

pete74
12-15-2010, 11:05 AM
i think there just a good team who is extremly well coached

madtowndrunkard
12-15-2010, 11:11 AM

That got caught for cheating on epic levels. But now they play by the rules?

I have a very hard time believing they are not still trying to cheat....if not all out cheating. They won 3 SB's and made an unbelievable amount of $ off cheating. The punishment they got was nothing for how much the gained. It was the equivalent to a slap on the wrist.

Whodis
12-15-2010, 11:18 AM
That got caught for cheating on epic levels. But now they play by the rules?

I have a very hard time believing they are not still trying to cheat....if not all out cheating. They won 3 SB's and made an unbelievable amount of $ off cheating. The punishment they got was nothing for how much the gained. It was the equivalent to a slap on the wrist.

You act like coaches that were once part of the Patriots staff have been caught cheating after this scandal.

:wink02:

lionslicer
12-15-2010, 11:25 AM
I never really cared for the whole cheating arguement because every team does it but the Patriots do it better, so they cheat. If anyone has ever known someone who played in the NFL or even college, they know coaches take notes on hand signals, but because its just notes, its not always great. Plus official game film sometimes catches coaches doing hand signals and players obviously do hand signals during the game all the time.

Arians just recently changed up the hand signals Ben does. LeBeau said he changes the hand signals every week.

And if anyone knows anything, defenses use hand signals 90 times more than the offense, so cheating really only helps offenses pick apart defenses, not the other way around. The Patriots defense is just well coached, but Tom and co may be using someting to help.

StainlessStill
12-15-2010, 11:27 AM

DING DING DING! We have a winner! Please, I hate the New England Patriots as much as the next guy who's going to post under me. In fact, I'd like to run a school bus right through a New England orphanage. Is that nasty? Yes. Am I joking? Yes, but you get the picture on how much I hate that puke of a surrounding.

Anyway, every team in the NFL "cheats" to a certain degree. This NFL is as crooked as it comes and I'm sure every last coach that's on any payroll does anything in their POWER to gain an edge on an opponent. New England was just DUMB enough to do it on their very on SIDELINE during a live GAME.

I think people need to take the blinders off and give credit where credit is due. NEW ENGLAND IS JUST ONE HELLUVA FOOTBALL TEAM!

Whodis
12-15-2010, 11:29 AM
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/11/20/1826422/are-the-patriots-monitoring-the-visiting-teams-locker-room

Are The Patriots Monitoring The Visiting Team's Locker Room? by Collin McCollough on Nov 20, 2010 3:45 PM EST in 2010 Colts News

Interesting story by Jill Seward of NESN, who passes on information from SI's Peter King that, according to an unnamed source, Colts quarterback Peyton Manning and offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen believe the Patriots monitor the visitors' locker room and the pair consequentially conduct strategic huddles in the concourse outside the locker room as a means of avoiding intellectual interception:

[EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION:] Christensen and Manning aren't alleging this. Peter King's unknown source is. If they indeed are conducting huddles in the hallway, though, they seem to be confirming what the source is alleging.

According to a recent report by Sports Illustrated's Peter King, the Indianapolis Colts feel they are not quite alone in the visitor's locker room at Foxboro. King says he has "reliably" heard that quarterback Peyton Manning and offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen always step into the concourse hallways to discuss strategy for fear they will be overheard in the locker room.

"If you're outside the locker room Sunday, don't be surprised to see Manning and his first-year coordinator, Christensen, huddling for a few minutes," King wrote, listing the Manning-Christensen huddle as one of the top things he'll be watching for this weekend.

Again, these are just reports of reports right now, but it is a situation that demands watching, especially considering the Patriots' history with signal-stealing. Personally, I believe this is just a case of the Colts being extra-cautious, as the Patriots would have to be something well beyond stupid to put their franchise at risk of punishment again for playing spy games.

And really, this seems to be one of those allegations that couldn't ever be definitively proven anyway. I mean, if this did turn out to be true, do you really think the Patriots would leave their surveillance equipment just hanging around the locker room as news broke? Or do you think they'd do some impromptu remodeling and be ready to great NFL Security with a sparkly new visitors' locker room should that call ever come.

Either way, though, it does make for an interesting story, either in terms of Manning's serious-with-a-tin-hat mode of preparation or the Patriots' secret agent approach to gaining any edge possible.

It also opens up some golden opportunities for jokes about Tom Brady spying on the locker room. Not that I would ever sink to the immature depths of making jokes about Brady videotaping a locker room, I mean.

[UPDATE]: We wrote about this at SB Nation Indiana as well. Spygate 2.0? Maybe. If this rumor is true, how can the NFL not suspend Bill Belichick? -BBS

[UPDATE 2:] Mike Florio at PFT is now reporting this story, linking us linking Seward linking King. The only way I see this story getting legs from here is if either Manning or Christensen comments (neither will) or if another team steps up and reports the same suspicion (Rex Ryan hasn't done much to make headlines this week, so you never know...)

lionslicer
12-15-2010, 11:35 AM
So Brady is video taping guys in the locker room? He's obviously gay.

tony hipchest
12-15-2010, 11:41 AM
when your job it to outsmart and outwit brainiacs such as arians, your job isnt too tough.

(people can continue this discussion here in the steelersforum for a lil bit, but then its getting moved to where it belongs).

some people are turned off about reading patriots discussions in the steelers main forum (as they should be).

HAWK
12-15-2010, 11:55 AM
If it had never happened I'd say 'hell no.' But since they did get caught once...nothing would surprise me at this point.

Anyone who doesn't disguise their signals against them is a fool.

mikegrimey
12-15-2010, 12:22 PM
A lot of jealousy on display in this thread.
I wish we could beat the Brady-lead patriots more they routinely outcoach and play us

The people in here sound just like jealous bengals or ravens fans ratiOnalizing their losing to the steelers.

stb_steeler
12-15-2010, 12:56 PM
they are well disaplined team......besides they have 2 little c o c k roach's on the team.

AndyWitmyer
12-15-2010, 01:12 PM
GEICO GUY: Could your team really score 31 points or more every game by switching to Spygate III? Would a retired Bill Bilichick make a terrible therapist?

All joking aisde, I'm so glad someone around here just came out and said it - I was too afraid of everyone thinking of me as some sort of psychotic, paranoid, and bitter man - which is total mischaracterization! I'm not a bitter man.

Hayeksheroes
12-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Belichek has perfected 3-D game film that gives him insight to the other teams which use only 2 D game film.

tony hipchest
12-15-2010, 01:17 PM
A lot of jealousy on display in this thread.
I wish we could beat the Brady-lead patriots more they routinely outcoach and play us

The people in here sound just like jealous bengals or ravens fans ratiOnalizing their losing to the steelers.i have noticed alot of this lately across the internets. since the patriots are back on top of the league and they destroyed the steelers at home, alot of people are dusting off all their old "patriots are cheaters", "patriots still benefit from cheating" or "cheating turned brady into an invinceble football god" arguments.

perhaps its out of jealousy. perhaps its out of fear that we will never beat them if we meet in the playoffs therefore they need an excuse.

what they are doing is really quite simple, and a true testament to the work belichick ( and brady) have devoted to their jobs in the entirety of their careers.

for example the jets game-

i saw a play where woodhead and welker were both lined up in the backfield next to brady and instantly thought i had never seen anyone. woodhed got lost behind the LOS and squited out wide open for a big reception. easterbrook touched on it in his TMQ cloumn- http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/101207_tuesday_morning_quarterback&sportCat=nfl

"Monday Night Football" Analysis: The Jets started eight first-round draft choices on offense. The Patriots started one first-round draft choice, and yet New England outscored Jersey/B 45-3. Undrafted free agents Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead and BenJarvus Green-Ellis combined for 274 of New England's 405 offensive yards. Undrafted free agents pounded a stacked team of highly drafted megabucks glory boys!

Maybe, just maybe, this has something to do with coaching.

New England this season has no offensive coordinator and no defensive coordinator. This is Belichick's latest challenge to himself: Can he outcoach not only the other team's head coach but the other team's entire staff? Apparently the answer is yes. If only Belichick were admirable as a person.

New England is leading the league in scoring, and it's not far off its record-setting pace of 2007, in part because Belichick changes game plans week to week more than any other NFL coach. Why don't other coaches notice this, and change their game plans more? Maybe they're too busy making personal promotional appearances, never exactly a problem with Bill. Early this season against Miami on "Monday Night Football," Belichick kept the same players on the field on offense and used a very rapid snap pace to prevent the Dolphins' defense from substituting. Most likely Rex Ryan watched tape and assumed Belichick would do that Monday night.

Instead, Belichick changed personnel on offense four or five times each drive, and Jersey/B defenders appeared confused.

Leading 10-0, the Flying Elvii had a fourth-and-3 on the Jets' 25, heading into a stiff wind. Belichick did the manly man thing and went for it. First, he didn't use the tailback quick-out that he's used unsuccessfully in the past on fourth-and-short. (It's amazing how often NFL coaches continue to call plays that don't work.) The Patriots lined up with a trips-bunch right, Danny Woodhead in the backfield, Deion Branch left and all linemen up in a pass-blocking stance.

In the past two weeks, from this set they've run a draw to Woodhead. The Jets assumed draw and crowded the box with six men. Then Woodhead went in motion wide left, leaving an empty backfield. The Jets' defense reset with safety Eric Smith coming up into the line. Since New England can't rush from an empty backfield, either Jersey/B has no idea what's going on and has put seven into the box by mistake -- a seven-in-the-box set is fun to throw against -- or plans a mega-blitz. My 15-year-old, Spenser, said, "They should slant." Indeed: 25-yard touchdown pass to Branch on the slant, with no high safety in sight, and safety Smith covering no one, standing there with a look of, "What just happened?" The slant is every good quarterback's favorite counter to the blitz. The Jets, who boast, boast, boast about their defense, failed to cover the slant on a blitz. Their defensive call was the rare Cover Zero -- no one deep. There's a reason Cover Zero is rare.

New England's offensive line played a magnificent game. At one point, the Jets showed a nine-man press front and Green-Ellis ran through it for 13 yards -- it should be impossible to run through a nine-man press front. Tom Brady had a clean pocket and threw with precision -- and threw down the middle most of the time, which involves less wasted motion than throwing toward the sidelines, as Mark Sanchez mainly did. On a very amusing play, Woodhead at 5-foot-8, 189 pounds and Welker, at 5-9, 185 pounds, lined up as blitz-blocking backs! The Jets believed this, ignoring Woodhead as he snuck through the offensive line for a 35-yard reception.

and its not just changing gameplans to exploit the opponents weakest link on a week to week basis. belichick almost overhauls his team on a yearly basis too.

the pats were known as a deep strike passing team the past few years. what does their main challenge for the division (jets) do?

sign revis long term
get cromartie from the chargers
spend 1st round pick on kyle wilson.

so what do the patriots do?

cut moss
draft 2 rookie TE's and basically make them a part of the base offense.

now what the hell are those small cb's gonna do vs 2 big atheletic TE's?

about the same thing william gay did.

its not rocket science and it certainly doesnt take cheating.

Stu Pidasso
12-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Maybe that's why we played so flat and one-dimensional in the regular season game.

We're saving the "official" signals/plays/game plans for the playoffs.

tony hipchest
12-15-2010, 01:38 PM
another thing that needs cleared up is this notion that lebeau sucks against belichick or that 'chick has his number. after 3o years of studying him, im sure bill feels he knows him and his instincts pretty well.

when belichick was DC of the giants in the late 80's early '90's who was their stiffest competition and the main obstacle in getting to the SB?

the bill walsh and joe montana led 49ers. what team had some of the best success vs them in the big game? the cincinatti bengals. the only close SB's with the 49ers were the 2 vs the bengals. lebeau was db coach in 81 (their defense shut down fouts/joyner/winslow to get there) and the DC in 88 when if it werent for a krumrie broken leg, mightve defeated them (as it was they had them on the ropes).

anyone think belichick wasnt studying him then to see what made his schemes so successful? he studied him as a brown. he studied lebeau when he was a bills, and he studied him back when he was with the steelers.

belichick probably has a library of 1000's of hours of lebeau coached games alone, let alone all the statistical data that can be compiled and digitized for quick reference.

lionslicer
12-15-2010, 01:50 PM
another thing that needs cleared up is this notion that lebeau sucks against belichick or that 'chick has his number. after 3o years of studying him, im sure bill feels he knows him and his instincts pretty well.

when belichick was DC of the giants in the late 80's early '90's who was their stiffest competition and the main obstacle in getting to the SB?

the bill walsh and joe montana led 49ers. what team had some of the best success vs them in the big game? the cincinatti bengals. the only close SB's with the 49ers were the 2 vs the bengals. lebeau was db coach in 81 (their defense shut down fouts/joyner/winslow to get there) and the DC in 88 when if it werent for a krumrie broken leg, mightve defeated them (as it was they had them on the ropes).

anyone think belichick wasnt studying him then to see what made his schemes so successful? he studied him as a brown. he studied lebeau when he was a bills, and he studied him back when he was with the steelers.

belichick probably has a library of 1000's of hours of lebeau coached games alone, let alone all the statistical data that can be compiled and digitized for quick reference.

Which is why he has success... preperation which many people agree is more important than skill itself in the game of football. He's excelent at preparing, whether he's cheating or not. And if anyone noticed this season, Patriots had some first halves that were less than steller, and he made the right halftime adjustments to totally dominate in the 2nd half.

Whether they cheat or not, they win, and complaining about it wont solve anything.

HAWK
12-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Agreed.

MACH1
12-15-2010, 02:24 PM
belichick probably has a library of 1000's of hours of lebeau coached games alone

Along with 1000's of hours of brady in the shower.

moedap
12-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Josh McDaniels had his assistant filming the other teams practices and I dont believe for a second that he had no knowledge. Even if McDaniels didnt learn that specific "cheat" from Belicheat the act of "shady intelligence gathering" was learned which leads me to believe that that activity is a standard operating procedure for Belicheat.

madtowndrunkard
12-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Josh McDaniels had his assistant filming the other teams practices and I dont believe for a second that he had no knowledge. Even if McDaniels didnt learn that specific "cheat" from Belicheat the act of "shady intelligence gathering" was learned which leads me to believe that that activity is a standard operating procedure for Belicheat.

....I'm sure McDaniels never cheated until he went to Denver. I'm sure Bill told him cheating is wrong....we learned our lesson so we wont tolerate cheating in NE....so McDaniels bolted for denver so he could cheat as much as he wanted. :rofl:

Wake up people. The Bill and his Patriots cheat. Just in the past few years Bill has had 1 former coach rat him out for cheating and another was caught cheating w/ Denver.

You all honestly think NE learned there lesson and quit cheating?

madtowndrunkard
12-15-2010, 03:09 PM
....I'm sure McDaniels never cheated until he went to Denver. I'm sure Bill told him cheating is wrong....we learned our lesson so we wont tolerate cheating in NE....so McDaniels bolted for denver so he could cheat as much as he wanted. :rofl:

Wake up people. The Bill and his Patriots cheat. Just in the past few years Bill has had 1 former coach rat him out for cheating and another was caught cheating w/ Denver.

You all honestly think NE learned there lesson and quit cheating?

Apparently people seem to forget that Bill Belicheat went as far as to hire a trained "code" breaker. If he was willing to go that far, don't you think he'd be willing to hire a computer hacker to steal plays? Maybe hire someone to wire tap his opponents on game days? Maybe video tape practices to see what plays there opponents are working on?

pete74
12-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Apparently people seem to forget that Bill Belicheat went as far as to hire a trained "code" breaker. If he was willing to go that far, don't you think he'd be willing to hire a computer hacker to steal plays? Maybe hire someone to wire tap his opponents on game days? Maybe video tape practices to see what plays there opponents are working on?

so you think the patriots are only good because there cheating

realdeal
12-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Of course!! Once a cheater, always a cheater!!

jjpro11
12-15-2010, 03:47 PM

as much as i hate him, Brady has a big part in that success too.. Belichick was a nobody coach before he drafted Brady.. we smacked the Pats around two years ago with Cassel at QB.. same Belichick scheme, different QB and way different results. it was no fluke what happened.

TRH
12-15-2010, 04:53 PM

unfortunately, i'd have to agree.

TRH
12-15-2010, 04:55 PM
as much as i hate him, Brady has a big part in that success too.. Belichick was a nobody coach before he drafted Brady.. we smacked the Pats around two years ago with Cassel at QB.. same Belichick scheme, different QB and way different results. it was no fluke what happened.

Yeah, but when we smacked Cassel around we THREW the blitz all game, we were in his face big time.
This year when we played them against Brady we had zero blitz, zero pressure. I can't believe we couldn't get to him all. I knew we were doomed after the 1st drive or 2 and we couldn't even get close to him. We were finished
There's your difference...

lionslicer
12-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah, but when we smacked Cassel around we THREW the blitz all game, we were in his face big time.
This year when we played them against Brady we had zero blitz, zero pressure. I can't believe we couldn't get to him all. I knew we were doomed after the 1st drive or 2 and we couldn't even get close to him. We were finished
There's your difference...

Brady's line just stepped it up for him. Cassel lacked leadership and couldn't bring out the best in his teamates, couldn't get them to block for him. Brady could have 5-6 guys blitzing and still have 10 seconds to throw the ball. Plus Steelers got a pissed of Patriots team after losing to the Browns, Brady has only lost 2 back to back games like 2 or 3 times in his career, and you can bet he wasn't gonna lose to the Steelers, a team he's stepped on to get to the superbowl twice.

fer522
12-15-2010, 06:27 PM
they're a good team with a good coach that uses common sense a lot(my best player vs your worst player)

Whodis
12-15-2010, 06:50 PM
So are you guys saying we get outcoached?

lionslicer
12-15-2010, 06:52 PM
I think everyone is outcoached by the Patriots at this point.

ncsteeler
12-16-2010, 02:57 AM

Interesting thought , considering the NE offense has been compared to that..

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-16-2010, 01:37 PM
I still want to know why we only blitzed him like once. Remember when he exploded and was yelling and cussing at his entire team, that one time was when we blitzed. Why did we stop?

I just hate Belichick and Brady so much! If I could see Brady get knocked on his ass a few time a game, thats a victory for me

spyboots
12-17-2010, 01:00 AM
This guy states what a lot of people aren't willing to say, and I think he is spot on.

http://www.xtrapointfootball.com/20101216868/2010-archives/december/nfl-rage-are-the-new-england-patriots-cheating-again.html

alohapittsburgh
12-17-2010, 09:18 AM
I didn't know the Pats every stopped cheating. You may say we were out coached, I think we are just being outfoxed. I always keep one eye on Belichick when we are playing. Once a cheater always a cheater, I say.

TRH
12-18-2010, 10:44 AM
This guy states what a lot of people aren't willing to say, and I think he is spot on.

http://www.xtrapointfootball.com/20101216868/2010-archives/december/nfl-rage-are-the-new-england-patriots-cheating-again.html

The guy DOES make some damn good points here. If i had to suspect...and i'm starting to.....
i would almost believe someone, or someone's, in the Pats organization are putting forth a world-class effort studying game film trying to read opposing signals.
Put that together with their coaching staff being very good at reading plays once the opposing teams are in set postion.
Can't we change things up the morning before a game? The rest of the NFL's mission # 1 should be to confuse the Pats and their coaching staff as much as possible.

The Patriot
12-18-2010, 04:28 PM
It's funny that if we get blown out again in the playoffs, you guys will be back to saying "Well, that's what happens when you don't have the other team's signals!" :blah:

Face it guys, Brady just knows how to read a defense. If believing that he's secretly cheating helps you come to terms with that fact then by all means. But if you watch him play, his offensive line gives him plenty of time in the pocket, and he always finds the open man.

The D has only been "shut down" because they only have to play the pass when the Pats are already up 4 touchdowns in the second quarter.

TRH
12-18-2010, 11:40 PM
I just think they have a staff who studies and is good at reading other teams signs. In fact, i think its a priority. I usually don't think of it as "cheating' per say....but i think its obvious they do that. If you don't, you probably are in a state of denial.

Fire Arians
12-19-2010, 12:03 AM
they are just the best coached team with the best qb in the game. the combo of those 2 things will win you a lot of games.

steeltheone
12-20-2010, 07:08 PM
they are just the best coached team with the best qb in the game. the combo of those 2 things will win you a lot of games.

Very true!

JPPT1974
12-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Well if it isn't the first time around. Then it won't be the last time around! So yeah, to answer your quesiton, YES they are cheating!

plenewken
12-27-2010, 04:17 PM
The last time we saw the Patriots play the level that are at right now, they were cheating. So they are known cheaters. Call me crazy but I'm thinking if a coach was willing to put as much time and effort into cheating like Bellicheat did in the past...wouldn't you think he'd be willing to do it again? NE did manage to win a few SB's by cheating, so it was working great for them until they got caught. A criminal does not stop committing crimes because he gets caught.....typically a criminal just tries not to get caught the next time.

maybe it's coincidence that the Patriots are blowing out every team they play? It sure looks like they know what plays to call at ever snap. Some how Brady always seems to know what WR is going to be uncovered. The WRs always seem to know when the defense will be man on man or zone....and amazingly Brady finds that guy immediately. So you almost never see a team blitz or get pressure on Brady.....he always seems to know a blitz is coming and always seems to be able to dump the ball off quickly or exploit the blitz.

Some how this YOUNG defense of theirs has suddenly turned into the best defense in the league. But of course you always see the worst defense in the league suddenly turn dominant mid season. That happens all the time right?

NE's success right now stinks of cheating. How is it that they are the only team in the league that seems to be dominant? The one team who is head and shoulders above the rest, just happens to be the same team caught for cheating just a few years ago.

I certainly hope Tomlin and co have some plans in the future to deal with what ever the Cheatriots are currently doing. Computer hacking and wire tapping are pretty easy things to pull off. Small time criminals and private investigators do this every day. So why wouldn't Bill Bellicheat?

Were they cheating when they lost to Cleveland? Are you gonna tell me they lost on purpose not to raise suspicion?
I agree with the ones saying that they are a good team with the best QB in the League and a great coaching staff. That's the reasons why they're dominant ....... so far.

Stu Pidasso
12-27-2010, 05:15 PM
In my opinion, they can cheat all they want, they haven't won jack shit since what, 2004 season?

mesaSteeler
12-27-2010, 05:45 PM
The question is not if the PatsiCheats are cheating again, it's have they ever STOPPED cheating?

The answer of course is NO.

SteelerEmpire
12-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Yep. Those guys are pretty good. But unless Belichick has found God, Jesus or Allah since Spygate (and I haven't heard him mention either one) I'd be willing to bet that "something" sinister is going on. A group of mediocre offensive and defensive players all of a sudden not just beating, but BLOWING OUT the leagues TOP teams week in and week out (with the team of a KNOWN cheater) ... kind of makes you want to say, hmmmm ?
If Belichick has been THIS good all these years, then there would never been a need for him to use cameras in the past. Someone who HAD to cheat to win in the past, has now shed his dependency on cheating, sat down and studied, did his homework, and is now TWICE as good as the leagues next best team ? Ha ha ha...

TRH
12-28-2010, 12:26 PM

I agree with 1/2 of that. They are the best coached team right now. But face it, Brady stands back there all day long looking to throw. I watched Aaron Rogers juke people and take heavy blitzes all day long and thought "no way Brady could handle that...". Brees as well. When he's under pressure, he's not so good. Very good yes, but i've never been sold as "the best". Huh-uh.

Sciz
12-28-2010, 01:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/10084/cowher-patriots-are-team-of-decade

Cowher saw nothing wrong with it. I don't see what the big deal is.

Steeler-Stamina
12-28-2010, 02:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/10084/cowher-patriots-are-team-of-decade

Cowher saw nothing wrong with it. I don't see what the big deal is.

I despise the Patriots but Cowher makes some good points.........

Cowher seems to absolve the Patriots for any wrongdoing.

"Listen, there's people stealing signals all the time before that," Cowher said. "You have ways to hide those things. We had wristbands for our defense. I remember trying to get offensive plays and see what the formations were. Everybody knows.

"You're trying to gain a competitive edge. Did that go beyond it? To a degree. Do I think that helped them win football games? No. You still have to go out and play the game. I still have a hard time believing that was a difference in a game."

PatriotsFan
12-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Quite possibly the funniest thread. You guys got blown out, face it and stop making excuses

:rofl:

jacksolomon
12-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Quite possibly the funniest thread. You guys got blown out, face it and stop making excuses

:rofl:

If it's such a non-issue, why are so many of you Patriots fans defensive enough about it to join other teams' boards to protest over it whenever the subject is brought up?

Steeler-Stamina
12-28-2010, 02:36 PM
If it's such a non-issue, why are so many of you Patriots fans defensive enough about it to join other teams' boards to protest over it whenever the subject is brought up?

Don't ever call me a Patriot fan:tt::tt::tt::tt:

Sciz
12-28-2010, 02:48 PM

I only count one Patriot fan:noidea:

PatriotsFan
12-28-2010, 02:53 PM

I haven't defended anything, I just find all the bitter Steeler fans was funny.

steeltheone
12-28-2010, 04:27 PM
I haven't defended anything, I just find all the bitter Steeler fans was funny.

Yes i find it funny how our fans hate the Patriots too. I respect the heck out of your Coach, Team and FO

ncsteeler
01-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Any cowinky dink they got wiped buy a former assistant that knows their ways?
/

pete74
01-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Yes i find it funny how our fans hate the Patriots too. I respect the heck out of your Coach, Team and FO

i agree. the only reason i dont like them is because there always so freaking good and there a threat to the Steelers. Denver got caught cheating but you dont hear about that often because they suck. just like all the antisteeler fans out there people hate the Pats because there a great team who wins alot of championships. i personally think they have the best coach ever and probably the best QB ever. with that said i still hope they get knocked out of the playoffs after there 1st game so we dont have to play them

ZoneBlitzer
01-02-2011, 11:56 PM

I agree.

Stu Pidasso
01-03-2011, 05:41 PM
All I can say is: Look at what Belicheat did in Cleveland without videographer help.