PDA

View Full Version : Punt on first down

Hayeksheroes
12-15-2010, 02:08 PM
I've lost confidence in Arians play calling, the O line and Mendenhall. Ward is great, but old. Ben tries hard. But let's face it, the Steelers offense is a liability. One TD in 11 quarters. Make that 12 quarters if you include Ben's pick six against the Pats. So for three games, one lousy touchdown. The D and the Special teams are outscoring the offense by more than 200%.

Let's punt on first down. Or if we are in field goal range because of a turnover or special teams return, kick the field goal on first down. Why risk a turnover, a sack, or a holding penalty that can put you out of range or have you kicking from deep in your own territory? If the Steelers can't score more than 1 out of every 10 trips to the redzone, why even go there? Put the teams on the field that score. D and Special teams do. Let them control the time of possession. By putting the Defense and special teams on the field more, you are giving them more opportunities to score. Ironic isn't it? 3-0 in the last 3 games isn't bad now?

Of course, the smart thing to do would be to do to Arians what the Steelers did to an ineffective kicker. Of course, the Steelers won't. So I say punt on 1st down. Will you join me? :wink02: :applaudit: :rofl:

HAWK
12-15-2010, 02:53 PM
You're on a roll today. Suicide?

SteelCityMom
12-15-2010, 03:40 PM
We've got enough offense sucks, this and that threads already...this could have been posted in one of those.