PDA

View Full Version : Steelers WR Wallace: I donít fear Jets CB Revis

pete74
12-15-2010, 03:22 PM
PITTSBURGH (AP)óSteelers wide receiver Mike Wallace(notes) believes heís quickly becoming one of the NFLís best. To prove that, he knows thereís one test he still must pass.

Thatís prove he can be successful going against Darrelle Revis(notes), the Jets cornerback who is widely considered to be the NFLís best.

Wallace said Wednesday heís confident he matches up well against Revis. Wallace, who replaced Santonio Holmes(notes) in the Steelersí lineup when Holmes was traded to the Jets, believes his speed allows him to go against any defensive back in the league without fear.

Revis said recently heís almost bored because quarterbacks target him so rarely. Wallace is talking as if he intends to make for an eventful day for Revis when the Jets (9-4) and Steelers (10-3) play Sunday
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-wallace-revis

SH-Rock
12-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey Wallace, please don't have the Rex Ryan Syndrome. Work your ass off and let your actions speak louder.

TRH
12-15-2010, 04:57 PM
I like the confidence. It's not like Wallace is stepping over-board and guaranteeing wins or some crazy thing like that.
This guy works extremely hard. Good to hear actually...

fer522
12-15-2010, 06:51 PM
shut up and play ball
your very good at it

jizzballz
12-16-2010, 04:36 PM
shut up and play ball
your very good at it

you shut up, as far as i can see wallace is a wide receiver and not you, who are you to say for him to shut up.

im pretty sure you would mouth off on the forum if he burned revis for a 30 yard touchdown, wallace can say what the hell he wants to because he goes hard each week.

SH-Rock
12-16-2010, 05:47 PM
you shut up, as far as i can see wallace is a wide receiver and not you, who are you to say for him to shut up.

im pretty sure you would mouth off on the forum if he burned revis for a 30 yard touchdown, wallace can say what the hell he wants to because he goes hard each week.

And what would happened if Wallace is shut down? He's just saying that he wants Wallace to "talk softly and play his best". Gosh you're so sensitive.

MDSteel15
12-16-2010, 05:50 PM
And what would happened if Wallace is shut down? He's just saying that he wants Wallace to "talk softly and play his best". Gosh you're so sensitive.

Exactly, we don't need Chad Johnson here saying he's gonna do this and that and then get shut down!

stb_steeler
12-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Maybe his hammy will act up. Wallace will have no problem then. :tt02:

steeltheone
12-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Wallace must think more of himself than he shows on the field. He is not that good yet.....Just play!

Fire Arians
12-16-2010, 08:36 PM
he's showing confidence, that's a good thing. look at limas sweed and tell me no confidence isn't a bad thing.

BGSU A Dub
12-17-2010, 03:51 AM
he's showing confidence, that's a good thing. look at limas sweed and tell me no confidence isn't a bad thing.

Where is ole Limas these days?

Goat27
12-17-2010, 05:40 AM
why not talk, Revis will, it aint bragging when you can back it up!

jizzballz
12-17-2010, 07:00 AM
if mike wallace has blown past quicker players, it will happen, revis may shut him down but there will be one play where he may get a 20-30 or more yard gain.

ted ginn did it, so mike wallace can do it.

EastEnder
12-17-2010, 07:43 AM
I hope the Jets try to put single coverage on Wallace with Revis. I don't believe anyone in the game today can single-cover Wallace deep. Maybe if Wallace speaks up like this, Revis will lobby to go one-on-one with him. I think that would help our chances.

TRH
12-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Exactly, we don't need Chad Johnson here saying he's gonna do this and that and then get shut down!

Oh, come on....he's not even close to acting like that. All he said was he's not afraid of being matched against Revis and that he's confident.
That's not talking 'junk'.

SH-Rock
12-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Oh, come on....he's not even close to acting like that. All he said was he's not afraid of being matched against Revis and that he's confident.
That's not talking 'junk'.

Lemme tell you something about the best players in the NFL. They never and I mean never look anyone over. They would study and study and study and they'll still will not factor their adversary out of it.