PDA

View Full Version : so sick of this creepy burger king commercial

tony hipchest
12-15-2010, 05:20 PM
uber fail. uber milli vanilli gay. :doh:

(not that theres anything wrong with that).

im all for "have it your way" but my way isnt being the middle meat in a bread-meat-meat sandwich.

uRNioBD18Rc

i wont be eating there anytime soon. :doh:

MDSteel15
12-15-2010, 05:32 PM
What in the 4377 are you talking about? LoL

MattsMe
12-15-2010, 05:40 PM
I feel like I've just been violated.

I used to love those sandwiches. I tried one not too long ago for the first time in years, and I threw it away after three bites.

tony hipchest
12-15-2010, 05:46 PM
What in the 4377 are you talking about? LoLdid you watch the commercial?

did you like it?

have you ever ordered a flame broiled burger and tell the pimply faced guy behind the counter to "hold the pickle"?

if your answer is "no" to the last 2 then you should know what im talking about and why the commercial is disturbingly hideous.

MDSteel15
12-15-2010, 05:48 PM
did you watch the commercial?

did you like it?

have you ever ordered a flame broiled burger and tell the pimply faced guy behind the counter to "hold the pickle"?

if your answer is "no" to the last 2 then you should know what im talking about and why the commercial is disturbingly hideous.

Damn it I am at work and it wont come up!!!! :doh:

tony hipchest
12-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Damn it I am at work and it wont come up!!!! :doh::chuckle:

that explains alot. i guess you havent seen it yet while watching tv (they play it alot during sunday football) or you would know right away what im talking about.

uber creepy. uber gay. :sofunny:

SteelCityMom
12-15-2010, 09:39 PM
I actually laugh at that commercial...but I'm an idiot, so that might explain a lot of it.

On a more serious note, don't ever eat Burger King. I've seen horrible things man...just don't do it.

ricardisimo
12-16-2010, 03:23 AM
I actually laugh at that commercial...but I'm an idiot, so that might explain a lot of it.

On a more serious note, don't ever eat Burger King. I've seen horrible things man...just don't do it.
A typical artificial strawberry flavor, such as that found in a Burger King strawberry milk shake, contains the following ingredients:
amyl acetate, amyl butyrate, amyl valerate, anethol, anisyl formate, benzyl acetate, benzyl isobutyrate, butyric acid, cinnamyl isobutyrate, cinnamyl valerate, cognac essential oil, diacetyl, dipropyl ketone, ethyl acetate, ethyl amyl ketone, ethyl butyrate, ethyl cinnamate, ethyl heptanoate, ethyl heptylate, ethlyl lactate, ethyl methylphenylglycidate, ethyl nitrate, ethyl propionate, ethyl valerate, heliotropin, hydroxyphenyl-2-butonone (10% solution in alcohol), a-ionone, isobutyl anthranilate, isobutyl butyrate, lemon essential oil, maltol, 4-methylactophenone, methyl anthranilate, methyl benzoate, methyl cinnamate, methyl heptine carbonate, methyl naphthyl ketone, methyl salicylate, mint essential oil, neroli essential oil, nerolin, neryl isobutyrate, orris butter, phenethyl alcohol, rose, rum ether, gundecalactone, vanillin and solvent.

Is this more or less what you're talking about? Or is it something even more disturbing?

steelerohio
12-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Um... their commercials are more disturbing...

I remember one commercial, when they were promoting some breakfast sandwich, a guy wakes up in the morning and the Burger King guy is on bed with him giving him this breakfast sandwich...

I agree, uber creepy...

SteelCityMom
12-17-2010, 01:15 AM
Is this more or less what you're talking about? Or is it something even more disturbing?

Yes, there is more disturbing. I used to work there in high school. If it makes any difference, I worked at both Arby's and Burger King in my teens. I'll still eat Arby's.

Don't ever eat the food at Burger King. Especially any of the "flame broiled" burgers that get flopped upon greasy (sometimes moldy) trays that maybe get washed once a day.

ricardisimo
12-17-2010, 01:34 AM
My sophomore year in college I was working in my dorm building's deli/restaurant making subs. I found a frozen block of provolone that was solid iridescent blue-green - not only had it molded completely, but then they froze it in that state and shipped it to our university, and no one at any stage of its existence bothered to notice.

I walked into our manager's office to jokingly (or at least I thought it was a joke) ask permission to toss it out (we weren't permitted to throw anything out without his OK). He calmly leaned back in his chair and started to explain to me in his annoying, shrill voice: "You know, cheese is mold." I quit that day, and never went back, despite receiving several threats regarding not giving him my two weeks' notice.

There's something about that industry that encourages that sort of behavior.

SteelCityMom
12-17-2010, 02:40 AM
My sophomore year in college I was working in my dorm building's deli/restaurant making subs. I found a frozen block of provolone that was solid iridescent blue-green - not only had it molded completely, but then they froze it in that state and shipped it to our university, and no one at any stage of its existence bothered to notice.

I walked into our manager's office to jokingly (or at least I thought it was a joke) ask permission to toss it out (we weren't permitted to throw anything out without his OK). He calmly leaned back in his chair and started to explain to me in his annoying, shrill voice: "You know, cheese is mold." I quit that day, and never went back, despite receiving several threats regarding not giving him my two weeks' notice.

There's something about that industry that encourages that sort of behavior.

Yeah...it's very touch and go which places are good and which aren't.

Other than Burger King, I've always been confident in the places I've worked (Arby's, most of the places I've waitressed at, and the Subway's I managed)...but I'd only eat at the one's I worked at lol. I try to avoid eating out at all costs pretty much though...I just don't trust complete strangers.

MasterOfPuppets
12-17-2010, 12:22 PM
i worked at a Captain D's in florida many moons ago. for those that aren't familiar, they're pretty much the same as long john silver. i dropped a whole tray of fish that just came out of the fryer on the floor. i picked up the fish and was heading for the trash can when the manager said , "whoa , whoa , whoa , what are you doin ? just throw it back in the fryer for a few seconds, we gotta get these orders out, " .....so i did ..:noidea:

MattsMe
12-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Yes, there is more disturbing. I used to work there in high school. If it makes any difference, I worked at both Arby's and Burger King in my teens. I'll still eat Arby's.

Don't ever eat the food at Burger King. Especially any of the "flame broiled" burgers that get flopped upon greasy (sometimes moldy) trays that maybe get washed once a day.

Well that's enough for me. Time to add Burger Kind to the list of places I won't eat.

After watching Morgan Spurlock in Supersize Me, I quit eating McDonald's. (Only ate there maybe twice a year before that.) I know one is as bad as the other, but I couldn't get those images out of my head.

I try to avoid fast food as much as possible anyway.