PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee tornadoes ..

SteelersGirlTN7
04-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Hey, everyone .. just wanted to ask that y'all keep TN residents in your thoughts and prayers ... the entire state has had a horrible week to say the least ...

Last weekend, West TN had multiple tornadoes that killed 24 people. Yesterday afternoon, Nashville/Middle TN had 35 tornadoes touch down around the area. Amazingly, the death toll is very small - 10 at this point in time. Suburbs surrounding Nashville were hit very hard. Gallatin had entire subdivisions destroyed, and we're talking 400,000+ dollar brick homes, ripped to their foundations- not just mobile/trailer homes. There was a church in Goodlettsville that had the front of its office side of the building ripped off. Miraculously, the other side of the building, where there was a preschool w/ 35 kids was UNTOUCHED. As for where I am, I live about 20 minutes drive time from the damage. Not even a power outage for me. This was definitely the worst tornadoes since April 16, 1998 when 10 tornadoes went through Nashville. Thankfully, for the most part, only STUFF was destroyed. Based on the intensity of these storms, in the grand scheme of things, we were very lucky.

Thoughts and prayers go out to those nearby who lost family or friends though.

~Michele~

83-Steelers-43
04-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Will do. Stay safe and God Bless.

DIESELMAN
04-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Tornadoes SUCK!!! I'm from KY, I know how that goes Stay Safe and be careful.....

SteelerzGirl
04-08-2006, 01:53 PM
I'll definitely keep you all in my prayers, Michelle. We had tornado warnings in Indiana and Westmoreland counties here in PA the other day. The weather here has been crazy lately with the transition from winter to spring. Stay safe and take care. :smile: