PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Points per Game (22.3) vs. 2010 (23)

tony hipchest
12-17-2010, 12:04 AM
pretty much exactly the same.

what does this stat tell you?

in 2009 we supposedly had one of the greatest steelers offenses of all time- 4000 yd passer/ two 1000 yd receivers/ 1000 yd rusher/ te having the best year of his career.

this year we dont have all that. we will have a 1000 yd rusher and 1000 wr and thats about it.

our o-line supposedly sucks and cant advance us in the playoffs (but arent we a better rushing team that is allowing fewer sacks). :scratchchin:

lots of changes in the 2 years. yet the PPG remains the same. what is the constant?

again, what does that tell you?

steve314
12-17-2010, 02:15 AM
pretty much exactly the same.

what does this stat tell you?

in 2009 we supposedly had one of the greatest steelers offenses of all time- 4000 yd passer/ two 1000 yd receivers/ 1000 yd rusher/ te having the best year of his career.

this year we dont have all that. we will have a 1000 yd rusher and 1000 wr and thats about it.

our o-line supposedly sucks and cant advance us in the playoffs (but arent we a better rushing team that is allowing fewer sacks). :scratchchin:

lots of changes in the 2 years. yet the PPG remains the same. what is the constant?

again, what does that tell you?

The offense this year is about as good as the offense on a team that lost 5 in a row, many to bad teams, and missed the playoffs?

The defense is scoring more this year?

Fire Arians
12-17-2010, 02:20 AM
tells me that since the offense hasn't changed, we're probably ****ed if polamalu gets injured

ricardisimo
12-17-2010, 02:56 AM
tells me that since the offense hasn't changed, we're probably ****ed if polamalu gets injured
Give that man a cigar!

steeltheone
12-17-2010, 04:17 AM
BR7 is the reason....anytime you have a franchise qb you can win games!

TRH
12-17-2010, 08:07 AM
tells me we're only going to get so far and its surprising that we're not around the "8-win" mark right now.

mikegrimey
12-17-2010, 09:28 AM

So how do you explain the collapse last year?

It's obvious the key is a healthy Troy Polamalu.

steelerjim58
12-17-2010, 10:36 AM
So how do you explain the collapse last year?

It's obvious the key is a healthy Troy Polamalu.

Poor special teams play. The d played wll enough without Troy and Smith to win.

Whodis
12-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Our time of possession seems better (thus better rushing) which may lead to a rested defense. Translating into a defense that can win games for them?

I think Arians might be on a hot seat and I'm curious to how he responds Sunday. Go back to no huddle?

Do you think we will go back to a soft defense without Polamalu?

MDSteel15
12-17-2010, 11:09 AM

We have 2 franchise QBs!!! Big Ben on offense and Troy on D!!! This is going to be a long week if Troy is out.... :banging:

ZoneBlitzer
12-18-2010, 09:24 PM
The problems from last year have carried over to this year. At least this year, the defense is helping the offense by scoring. With last year's team, I noticed that the basic offensive package wasn't working on a consistent basis. This occurred throughout the year. To counteract this, the Steelers would go into the hurry-up or muddle huddle to get things working. That's what Ben is calling for again this year as well. I suppose it means that they don't match up very well when they allow the opposing defense to get their substitutions in. There's a lot that needs to be changed with this offense. They need to be sharper and be willing to take what the D gives them. To counter getting Ben killed, they need to have a set of quick routes and quick developing plays to hit. They need to mix it up a bit more instead of thriving off of the big play. Most of all, they need to bear down situationally. The year that they won the SB, they played brilliant situational football. This year, the offense that is, is blowing tons of opportunities and the same could be said for last year. They let teams hang around too often. They don't have that killer instinct. This is a team with an excellent QB in place that should be more than capable of putting up 30+ points on a regular basis. As you all know, they fall far too short of that mark.

ricardisimo
12-19-2010, 09:49 PM
You were saying...?

SH-Rock
12-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I would've loved 23 points today

steelax04
12-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Anyone have OFFENSIVE points per game 2009 vs 2010? I'd like to compare apples to apples here.

VegasStlrFan
12-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Tells me the health of the D is the most important part of this team.

It also tells me we either have an overrated QB and an OC that can't call plays to put points on the board (or both) .

plenewken
12-20-2010, 07:05 AM
It also tells me we either have an overrated QB and an OC that can't call plays to put points on the board (or both) .

I say both.