PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network games

SID
04-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know if these games are still gonna be on CBS in Pittsburgh, or do you have to have the NFL Network to watch them.

Atlanta Dan
04-08-2006, 10:00 AM
A local station will carry the NFL Network games in the markets for the 2 teams that are playing that game (subject to regular blackout rules). Might not be KDKA, since I believe the NFL Network will sell the broadcast rights for that game to a local affiliate.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9363505

SID
04-08-2006, 10:04 AM
OK cool I was getting flashbacks of PenVision when back in the early 90's they would put some Penguin games on Pay-Per-View.

coachspeak33
04-11-2006, 11:26 AM
That might be the funniest video I have ever seen SID!!!!!!!!!
Awesome.... F*@%ing awesome!!!!!!!!

HburgXL06
04-11-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm kinda pissed bout them puttin certain games on a channel that only a select few who pay for a premium service can view. I am gonna be livin in a dorm again next year and we only get UDel cable (which sucks). I missed a ton of Steelers games already last year because I'm not in "the market" for the Steelers because I'm between Philly and Bmore. Adding NFL network to all this I worry how many games I'll get to see at all.

BuFu

Atlanta Dan
04-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Get a dish. DirecTV carries NFL Network already and the picture quality is better than cable.

As a diehard Steelers fan who does not live in Pittsburgh I regard DirecTV as only slightly less important than having a roof on the house, since without NFL Sunday Ticket I would not be assured of getting the Steelers every week and would be getting the Jags and Dolphins as the AFC game in Atlanta most weeks.

SteelerDad
04-11-2006, 09:43 PM
NFL Network is worth the investment. For some odd reason Cox in Tucson has chosen to add it to their basic lineup. You get a ton of regualar season coverage as well as NFLE and college coverage.

clevestinks
04-12-2006, 11:09 AM
I`m just glad to have NFL Network, although Woodson and Terrel Davis are boring

83-Steelers-43
04-12-2006, 11:15 AM
I`m just glad to have NFL Network, although Woodson and Terrel Davis are boring

I agree. Very dry.

HburgXL06
04-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Get a dish. DirecTV carries NFL Network already and the picture quality is better than cable.

Problem is I live in a dorm and my only option is the campus cable which has almost no channels, it's worse than my basic cable at home.

BuFu

Mr. Clean
04-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Hbrg XL06, there are a number of bars that show the Steelers, in Harrisburg, Delaware, or anywhere. Due to your age as a college student, you may not be permitted in certain bars, but a sports bar should be okay. Check out the Black & Gold Brigade website for a Steeler bar near you.

In my long-ago days of youth, working in DC and almost always broke, we had a Steeler fan club that found sports bars who would show the games. This was years before DirecTV and an establishment had to have a big dish that cost around $2500 and had to be lucky enough to find the game.

The NFL moved some games to NFL Network for the purpose of growing the product. Not to sound like a plug for NFL Network, but they stated this with the idea to make it very profitable.

Cable companies that have been dragging their feet or refusing to put NFL Network on their basic service will now be flooded with irate phone calls from angry customers. If cable companies can put on crap like Lifetime Brain Dead Television or Home Shopping Network for Morons, then they can find the space for NFL Network. It's the guys who go to work and earn the money to pay the cable bill. Women, for the most part, watch stupid drivel like E! or Oprah. Sounds sexist? Sorry, but for sports-hating women, it's the truth.

Cable companies had better figure that out or risk losing more customers to DirecTV.

Steelillini
04-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Problem is I live in a dorm and my only option is the campus cable which has almost no channels, it's worse than my basic cable at home.

BuFu

you need to find a bar on Sundays that gets all the games. If your not 21 go to a Rest.