PDA

View Full Version : Redskins bench McNabb in favor of Grossman!!

MDSteel15
12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
A friend of mine who's a Deadskin fan just texted that they plan on cutting McScabb at the end of the season which will cost them $3.5million.... :toofunny: Just another example of why little boys with too much money shouldn't be the ones pulling the strings when it comes to making moves!

MasterOfPuppets
12-17-2010, 11:04 AM
either minnesota or arizona will be freakin thrilled.

silver & black
12-17-2010, 02:01 PM
either minnesota or arizona will be freakin thrilled.

So would Oakland... I hope.

MasterOfPuppets
12-17-2010, 02:30 PM
So would Oakland... I hope.
would you rather have mcnabb or carson palmer. i think the bungholes may dump his ass after this year. he'd probably wanna go back to the west coast..

silver & black
12-17-2010, 09:27 PM
would you rather have mcnabb or carson palmer. i think the bungholes may dump his ass after this year. he'd probably wanna go back to the west coast..

That's a tough one. I think I would honestly rather have McNabb. I think Palmer is done. He never came back from the injury like he should have,.

Atlanta Dan
12-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Saw Shanahan's comments to the media - McNabb will not be playing again this year (Shanahan said McNabb will not even be the back-up to Grossman) and is gone for good when the season ends - brilliant move to sign McNabb and then announce the bogus "contract extension" last month:noidea:

Between the McNabb and Haynsworth messes why would any FA go to the Redskins unless nobody else was paying $$ anywhere close to what the Redskins would offer?

The off-season bake-off between broken QBs McNabb and Carson Palmer to get a new gig elsewhere will be interesting

theplatypus
12-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Have to admit that Snyder is doing everything humanly possible to destroy what was once a great franchise. However, Haynesworth is a freaking dumbass and brought that shit on himself. Twenty freaking million dollars and that tool has the audacity to cry and pout about not wanting to play a position. STFU, say thank you, and play you whiny piece of shit.

MasterOfPuppets
12-18-2010, 10:35 AM
In salary and bonuses this season, McNabb will be paid $14.7 million. The Redskins hold a $10 million contract option they can exercise until the first game of the 2011 season, or they could release McNabb and owe him nothing. If McNabb is on the roster next season, he would earn about $16.25 million, assuming the league and the NFL Players Association reach a new collective bargaining agreement.

noway in hell could they justfy keeping mcnabb at that that salary after the way he played this year. especially if a salary cap is back in place,
you don't pay a player for what they've done in the past , you pay them for what you think they'll do in the future.
the steelers learned that with jason gildon.

silver & black
12-18-2010, 11:11 AM
noway in hell could they justfy keeping mcnabb at that that salary after the way he played this year. especially if a salary cap is back in place,
you don't pay a player for what they've done in the past , you pay them for what you think they'll do in the future.
the steelers learned that with jason gildon.

True, but I doubt Manning or Brady would have faired much better on this Redskins team. The O line is pathetic. The run game is non existent. The D sucks. McNabb has no one to throw to. The Redskins are just an awful team right now.

McNabb deserves better than this. Shanahan is an idiot. Everyone thinks he's a great coach...... how great has he been since Elway retired?

lionslicer
12-18-2010, 11:34 AM
He's had a crappy year, and then he gets this huge contract and now he's gonna sit and get free money... Boy the NFL is so great

MasterOfPuppets
12-18-2010, 12:43 PM
True, but I doubt Manning or Brady would have faired much better on this Redskins team. The O line is pathetic. The run game is non existent. The D sucks. McNabb has no one to throw to. The Redskins are just an awful team right now.

McNabb deserves better than this. Shanahan is an idiot. Everyone thinks he's a great coach...... how great has he been since Elway retired?
i'm not a huge fan of shanny's myself , but he for the most part , kept denver playoff contenders even after elway hung it up. his problem was he never invested in defense on draft days despite it being their most glaring weakness.
as for mcnabb. your right. he has no supporting cast in washington. the team needs tore down and rebuilt , which will take a few years , so whats the point in keeping a 35 year old ,16 million dollar cap albotross around ? mcnabb isn't going to get better , just the opposite. by the time the skins get the other pieces to the puzzle , mcnabb will be filing his retirement papers.

silver & black
12-18-2010, 01:56 PM
i'm not a huge fan of shanny's myself , but he for the most part , kept denver playoff contenders even after elway hung it up. his problem was he never invested in defense on draft days despite it being their most glaring weakness.
as for mcnabb. your right. he has no supporting cast in washington. the team needs tore down and rebuilt , which will take a few years , so whats the point in keeping a 35 year old ,16 million dollar cap albotross around ? mcnabb isn't going to get better , just the opposite. by the time the skins get the other pieces to the puzzle , mcnabb will be filing his retirement papers.

I agree with you about not keeping him. It isn't beneficial to either party. I don't understand benching him with 3 games left, for Rex Grossman. What's the point... unless it's to keep McNabb from getting injured, so as not to hurt his trade value?

MasterOfPuppets
12-18-2010, 02:45 PM
I agree with you about not keeping him. It isn't beneficial to either party. I don't understand benching him with 3 games left, for Rex Grossman. What's the point... unless it's to keep McNabb from getting injured, so as not to hurt his trade value?
well from what i've read , shanny doesn't think mcnabb fits his system. they say he's just as bad in practice as he has been in the games. he said he wants to see what grossman has to offer so he can plan accordingly going into the off season.
makes sense to me. got no shot at the playoffs. why not use these games to evaluate the bench ? he's just getting a head start for next season. if grossman stinks it up , him and mcnabb can share a cab out of DC...

Fire Arians
12-18-2010, 11:25 PM
wow shanahan is just as bad as josh mcdaniels lol

i agree with a poster above that he hasn't done shit but ride the coattails of elway and terrell davis