PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick wants to get a pet dog...

tony hipchest
12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
however, mike vick is outlawed from owning any dogs.

imagine this-

the week before Christmas mike vick decides he wants to get his youngest child a puppy. just because he killed dogs doesnt mean his kids will, and believe it or not he probably likes some of the cute fuzzy creatures.

mike walks into the humane society (whom he has been working with as retribution and to rehab his image) and sees a litter of puppies set to be euthanized tomorrow.

instead of purchasing an expensive breeder dog, he wants to adopt a puppie scheduled to die, and earn a bit of redemption by saving a dogs life instead of taking it.

the humane society says sorry mike, but you are not allowed to own a dog.

they then procede to kill the puppy. :thumbsup:

ironic, huh?

remember folks, have your pets spayed or neutered.

PHILADELPHIA (CBS/AP) Does Philadelphia Eagles quarterback and convicted dog-fighter Michael Vick deserve a second chance at being a dog owner?

Vick seems to think so and is asking to bring a dog into his home - even though the terms of his parole specifically state that he is barred from owning a dog for a year-and-a-half.

The convicted dog-fighting ring operator, who spent 18 months in prison after being convicted in 2007, says he genuinely cares about animals and would love to have a dog as a household pet...again.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20025938-504083.html

SteelersinCA
12-17-2010, 07:13 PM
I guess it's better to die humanely euthanized than ripped to shred fighting.

Merchant
12-17-2010, 09:03 PM
That's kinda like.. a convicted pedophile wanted to adopt a child

Fire Arians
12-18-2010, 11:28 PM
let him have it, i'm sure he knows the spotlight is on him so he won't be doin anything stupid.

besides wasn't that whole dogfighting thing done by his cousin and not vick himself?

lionslicer
12-19-2010, 10:40 AM
let him have it, i'm sure he knows the spotlight is on him so he won't be doin anything stupid.

besides wasn't that whole dogfighting thing done by his cousin and not vick himself?

He was never found guilty of actually owning a dog and fighting it, but he did sponsor the dog fights and usually was the one responsible for bringing people to bet and fight dogs and financially supporting the whole venture and making money from it. He denied placing any bets himself, though he addmited watching friends whos dogs didn't perform well kill their dogs.

This is just from my understanding of it, I'm not going to go and read everything because I don't care that much.

MasterOfPuppets
12-19-2010, 11:08 AM
He was never found guilty of actually owning a dog and fighting it, but he did sponsor the dog fights and usually was the one responsible for bringing people to bet and fight dogs and financially supporting the whole venture and making money from it. He denied placing any bets himself, though he addmited watching friends whos dogs didn't perform well kill their dogs.

This is just from my understanding of it, I'm not going to go and read everything because I don't care that much.
i believe his "homies" testified that vick himself did indeed , body slam , electrocute , and drown dogs.

SteelersinCA
12-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Vick spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on land for the dogs and dogs. He owned dogs. If this was you are me it wouldn't even me an issue. For all those people crying about Vick getting punished because he was a celebrity, where are they now when he may get beneficial treatment because of the same status????

It's only wrong when it goes the other way eh?

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2010, 06:26 PM
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/07/19/00/slideshow_1001978402_mike12162010.jpg