PDA

View Full Version : Harrison using fine donations to throw kids party Read more: http://sportsillustrat

SH-Rock
12-17-2010, 04:43 PM
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Steelers linebacker James Harrison will use money given him by fans to help pay his NFL fines to throw a Christmas party for needy children and their families.
As Harrison accumulated $125,000 in fines for four different infractions, fans began sending him money to help pay them. Many were sent anonymously, so Harrison could not return them.
Harrison decided last month to take the money and start the James Harrison Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization that will assist children in emergency situations. The foundation's first event will be a brunch with Santa Claus at Heinz Field on Saturday, with other Steelers expected to attend.
The foundation is designed to aid children with illnesses or disabilities and families in crisis situations.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/12/17/harrison-fines.ap/index.html

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-17-2010, 04:59 PM
But, but, but, wait!!! I thought Harrison was a cheap-shot artist, dirty player, hitman, and thug?

Sounds like a huge softie to me.....his tough outer layer is just there for his own protection.

Props for you, Silverback! Brings a tear to my eye....

MasterOfPuppets
12-17-2010, 05:05 PM
here's the sad part. the idiots that sent money to assist a MILLIONAIRE they don't even know , most likely wouldn't give a dime to someone who actually does need financial help.there's literally 10's of thousands of charities begging for donations to help people , and morons choose to help someone that neither asked for it or needs it.....:doh:

Curtain_of_Steel
12-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey, the rumor report did say he "took out" the kids...lol

They are just spinning it in a different way, lol

Rick5895
12-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Hey, the rumor report did say he "took out" the kids...lol

They are just spinning it in a different way, lol
NO don't say that, Goodell will fine him, LOL.
BUt seriously

What a class guy James is, this action speaks a helluva lot louder than words!!

wootawnee
12-18-2010, 01:55 AM
here's the sad part. the idiots that sent money to assist a MILLIONAIRE they don't even know , most likely wouldn't give a dime to someone who actually does need financial help.there's literally 10's of thousands of charities begging for donations to help people , and morons choose to help someone that neither asked for it or needs it.....:doh:

Hey M.P......Your signature picture that you downloaded must be too large....That is why that little x is in your post........The image has to bee 500x150 or smaller.....

lionslicer
12-18-2010, 02:39 AM

I'm sure Harrison agrees with you which is why he's giving money to charity lol...

But heres a senerio...
Lets say James gives huge amounts of his salary to charity every year, but him getting fined and then suspended might cause in a downfall of his player, or retiring, he doesn't make a huge salary anymore, he doesn't give to charity, so all those people who donated a dollar, were really helping James give thousands, maybe millions to charity...

But i don't know what Harrison does with his money but thats a senerio that would make your point invalid lol.
And your a poopscalion and I wanted to prove you wrong in some unrealistic way