PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Jets final score

sax
12-18-2010, 04:54 AM
Steelers vs Jets
Both teams not doing so good on offence
Jets lost last two games. (makes a very dangerous team)
Polamalu may not play (defence not the same)
Santonio could pick the Steeler secondary apart
Steelers home (big plus)

Steelers 17
Jets 16

Steelers have to get pressure on Sanchez to turn the ball over.
Slow down Santonio (less yards after catch)
No turn overs!!!

Kick some A$$

later,
sax

StainlessStill
12-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Losing Troy is monumental to this football game, let alone team, so that widens that SMALL gap that the Jets had a chance of coming in here with a W. Now that gap could be pretty large, but I think our offense just does enough to give our defense the necc time and points to pull through.

Steelers 21
Jets 17

theplatypus
12-18-2010, 08:53 AM
10-6 Steelers

Curtain_of_Steel
12-18-2010, 08:57 AM
4 fg's 2 td's. Due to sanchezs to's. Sanchez will be heard crying mommy before the game is over
6 sacks
4 to's

26-10

Atlanta Dan
12-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Playing a team with a QB who is not struggling would be a problem with no Troy - but I have a low opinion of "The Sanchize"

So i will go with this prediction from The New York Times

The Jets, who are suffering through a never-ending adolescence, should take some impulse-control lessons from the Steelers. Successful franchises like Pittsburgh do not strut around and bleat about lack of respect in October, then lapse into histrionic finger-pointing, thumb sucking and opponent tripping during their first losing streak. Instead, the Steelers coast along year after year as a 10-win quality team, muddling through offensive slumps and compartmentalizing scandals. They reach the playoffs, mount a defense-led charge, win a Super Bowl once in a while, then return to business.

The Pittsburgh offense has produced only two touchdowns in the last three games, one the result of a 9-yard drive set up by a fumble. Their offense is not slumping as badly as the Jetsí, but it is close. The Steelers got their ears boxed by the Patriots recently, too. Still, there has been minimal finger-pointing and, not coincidentally, a lot less losing. The Jets are in such a funk that it is hard to imagine them pulling out of it in Pittsburgh, but they should at least pay attention as Pittsburgh shows them how to carve a happy existence out of defensive touchdowns and 13-10 victories. Pick: Steelers.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/17/week-15-n-f-l-matchups/

Steelers 13 -10

joeyssteelcurtain
12-18-2010, 10:01 AM
steelers 24 jets 9

steve314
12-18-2010, 10:12 AM
I am afraid the Jets will win with Troy out, 14-10. Hopefully this is way off!

mizzouristeeler
12-18-2010, 10:29 AM
17-10 steelers

TRH
12-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Steelers 13 - Jets 10

fer522
12-18-2010, 10:52 AM
we'll win by at least 15 points
and you can take that to the bank

SH-Rock
12-18-2010, 11:04 AM
According to NFL Networks Madden Matchup of the Week it's going to be 27-17 but maybe 20-17 is more believable.

thumper
12-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Our offense can't ever score against Cinci. How they gonna score vs. a NY
team that is desperate and pissed? Pgh might not even score 10 points.

NY - 13
Pgh - 9

thumper
12-18-2010, 12:14 PM
we'll win by at least 15 points
and you can take that to the bank

OK, I will put my house mortgage on it. No way
you can be wrong.

ZoneBlitzer
12-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Our offense can't ever score against Cinci. How they gonna score vs. a NY
team that is desperate and pissed? Pgh might not even score 10 points.

NY - 13
Pgh - 9

I agree. I'm not seeing any improvement from this offense at all on a weekly basis. I see a few splash plays here and there but no sustained drives for TDs. It's a sputtering offense that plays poor situational football and consistently stalls.

As much as I have seen the Steelers D make opposing QB's look bad, they have also made them look incredibly good. I wouldn't count Sanchez out on having a good day against a soft-zone defense. And now, that Troy is done for the year, the problem is made much worse. The kid can play and I've seen him fight to stay alive in the pocket. He's almost Ben-like at times. If the Steelers offense continues to refuse to carry the load, then it could be tough-sledding.

I can see the Jets winning 23 - 12. Of course, I'm hoping that I'm dead wrong but dang it that offense has got to get its butt in gear!

thumper
12-18-2010, 01:14 PM
I agree. I'm not seeing any improvement from this offense at all on a weekly basis. I see a few splash plays here and there but no sustained drives for TDs. It's a sputtering offense that plays poor situational football and consistently stalls.

As much as I have seen the Steelers D make opposing QB's look bad, they have also made them look incredibly good. I wouldn't count Sanchez out on having a good day against a soft-zone defense. And now, that Troy is done for the year, the problem is made much worse. The kid can play and I've seen him fight to stay alive in the pocket. He's almost Ben-like at times. If the Steelers offense continues to refuse to carry the load, then it could be tough-sledding.

I can see the Jets winning 23 - 12. Of course, I'm hoping that I'm dead wrong but dang it that offense has got to get its butt in gear!

Hate to agree, but I do. Pgh O has got worse as the year has gone on.
It's just putrid. And that just plain sucks ass.

lionslicer
12-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Jets will score atleast 13 points, but I think the Steelers offense atleast scores a touchdown, so 16 or 19 points with field goals.

19-13 steelers.

Goldsteel86
12-18-2010, 01:55 PM
I have a sneaky feeling that the offense really breaks out this week. Don't ask me why but I predict a 20-14 Steeler win, I can't see Sanchez beating us with the pressure he will face. Look out for Kiesel, I also think Ike Taylor will be all over Santonio. Just a hunch, also look for a full dose of Mendenhall and Hines, once again just a feeling, also keep in mind the Jets are 0-7 at Pittsburgh. The defense will step up and play for their fallen Hawaiian leader.

Deserei90
12-18-2010, 02:06 PM
I got a feeling also that The Offense is going to come up with some points aganist The Jets. I'm usually right when I predict stuff like this. It just seems like one of those games that the Steelers know what their mistakes are and they are going to do everything in their power to correct those mistakes. They know the stakes riding on it, I hope I'm right. I predict 17-10 Steelers

pete74
12-18-2010, 02:38 PM
i bet all you guys Ben has a great game and puts up alot more then 9 points.

fer522
12-18-2010, 03:35 PM
OK, I will put my house mortgage on it. No way
you can be wrong.

you will not regret it :chuckle:

steelerchad
12-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I think we show a little O this week. 23-13 Steelers.

steelerohio
12-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Steelers 21
Jets 17

btaylor179
12-18-2010, 05:17 PM
steelers 12-7.....suisham hero again

1st&Goal
12-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Before the game starts the Bal-NO game will be over and NO will win. The Steelers let down their guard and treat it like a bye week. Jets win this time 24-17.

cubanstogie
12-18-2010, 07:05 PM
27-13 Steelers, you can bet Ben and the Offense want to finally contribute with the best Defensive player in the league injured and not playing. Not to mention the Jets have had a ton of distractions due to the tripping incident. Hopefully we will see some new packages with our red zone offense as well. Arians is going to be looking for a job next year unless our offense steps up for the next 6 games. It all points to a big win by the Steelers. Which will be nice, I am very tired of the close games.

Chadmagic
12-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Well until I heard Troy wasn't playing, I thought we would win in a romp. Our D is a lot stronger than their O and we would probably get 3 turnovers and score 7pnts on D. Now I don't think our D will score at all and will have its hands full in the secondary. With Troy out, we will be more susceptible to longer throws down the field.

I have a feeling that Ben and the Oline know that they have been lacking in the TD dept and will look to rebound that this week. Especially since Troy is out, Ben knows he will have to be that spark the team seems to need to get its but in gear this year. I'm hoping we come out of the shoot by running the ball for 5, and 10 yard gains with a no huddle offense and throwing in quick slants in between. Keep them off balance from the beginning of the game.

If we score on our opening drive and they don't, we will win the game.
Steelers 21
Jets 18

I think Holmes will catch a TD for the Jets and I think Wallace will score a big TD for us from a long bomb by Ben. I see a 50+yard play there. Special teams by both teams will be equal and no big returns will happen.

Fire Arians
12-18-2010, 11:31 PM
we pitch a shutout. 17-0. the jets O will not score on us, and if they do, not easily outside of a splash play by santonio