PDA

View Full Version : The Polamalu Factor

iceman000123
12-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Now i'm not saying this is a sign of things to come. But I did do a double take when I saw the difference.

Since 2009

W-L With 14-4 Without 5-6

PPG Allowed With 14.8 Without 23.2

YPG Allowed With 287.3 Without 320.2

Takeaways With 41 Without 11

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81cfd4b6/Week-15-injury-report

Takeaways Differential blew me away.

SH-Rock
12-18-2010, 09:06 PM
He brings so much morale to the team it's not even funny.

Fire Arians
12-18-2010, 09:36 PM
He brings so much morale to the team it's not even funny.

of course he does. knowing you have one of the best players in the NFL on your side is a huge morale booster.

also looking at last week, the team was playing flat until he made that 1st interception. after that the team played like a team on a mission, he does things that boost the team to a new level and everyone feeds off of it.

Steeler4life1972
12-18-2010, 10:44 PM
of course he does. knowing you have one of the best players in the NFL on your side is a huge morale booster.

also looking at last week, the team was playing flat until he made that 1st interception. after that the team played like a team on a mission, he does things that boost the team to a new level and everyone feeds off of it.

Amen!!! Without him we are gonna struggle...somebody on D is gonna have to step up or its gonna be one of those games again!!! If we win I say sit him the last 2 games and get him healthy for the playoffs. Hopefully we can get a first round bye and also get smith back...I know this is wishful thinking and it never goes according to plans!!!:tt03:

MikeHaullace
12-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Somebody on D is gonna have to step up...

Expect Timmons to have a big day.

jizzballz
12-19-2010, 05:56 AM
timmons will need to beast it.... we need to throw sanchez off his mark and then the game is ours, sanchez is over-rated but lets make him even more over-rated.

btaylor179
12-19-2010, 07:38 AM
no troy and our defense is totally different

joeyssteelcurtain
12-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Wow the turnover one is just crazy

NYC_Steeler
12-19-2010, 08:03 AM
Hopefully one of the backups will step up and play lights out. Coverage will be alot tougher without Troy - that goes without saying. We've seen time and time again how bad the coverage is without him in the game. Right now the team is saying they'll hold him out until the playoffs - like Jim Mora said: PLAYOFFS??!!! - let's think about what needs to be done to win these last 3 games - and go out and execute the plan successfully. I just hope Troy heals quickly.

mikegrimey
12-19-2010, 08:11 AM
The lack of INTs when he is not on the field is even more astounding than the turnover differential. Sometimes it seems like he's the only one the opposing offense is scared of in the secondary. Let's just hope we can win today, since I think we can beat the Panthers no matter what. If we get those next 2 games we should get out #2 spot locked.

FanSince72
12-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Between Ben's suspension, the long list of injured starters as well as the newbie wide receivers, I think that this season has demonstrated the concept of playing as a team more so than in years past.

Guys have stepped up to take up the slack and when the offense was cruising in the early part of the season, they made up for a weak secondary. As the season rolled on and Ben stepped in and the wideouts had to basically "learn" everything all over again, the defense began to step it up. As the D-line wore down (especially with Smith out), the secondary began to get it together and help offset the weakened line.

Though Troy is probably one of the most valuable players on this team, I believe that despite his absence, the "team" will find a way to take up the slack again. No one can replace him outright, but that doesn't mean that the defense can't find a way to lessen the impact of his absence. Don't forget too that the passing game has yet to really gel and maybe now's the time for that to start happening.

There are 22 guys out there that need to work together to get things done and even though Troy seems to count as two or three guys all by himself, the team still has to play as a team. Put another way, if Polamalu's absence spells disaster for the Steelers, then maybe we're not really a championship team yet. If the hopes and dreams of a football team rest on the availability of just one or two players, then they're just not ready to move on.

I for one think we're ready and though it will be tougher, I think the team will respond as a team - as we've done throughout the year. And though it often hasn't been pretty (as Ben said in his interview the other day), a W is still a W and that's all that matters.

Rick5895
12-19-2010, 12:41 PM
This will serve to bring the team together more than they already have this season. I look for a big offensive game today.
We will win 27 - 9