PDA

View Full Version : bengals suck?

jamesd0613
04-08-2006, 04:48 PM
what does everyone think about the bengals adding adams and jackson to there D i dont think they will be so easy to run on i think we need to have a good draft day to keep the championship in pittsburgh.

Suitanim
04-08-2006, 05:07 PM
I think they need a QB who can play for the first 4-6 weeks, or they risk being WAY behind the 8 ball...

pucho58
04-08-2006, 05:29 PM
I think they need a QB who can play for the first 4-6 weeks, or they risk being WAY behind the 8 ball...

I hope they stay behind that 8 ball:sofunny:

SteelerzGirl
04-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I understand Tommy Maddox is available. :smile:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Doesnt matter who we face, how big they are, or in that case how OLD they are too ! We run it, thats what we do, and we run on everyone and anyone !

Steeler in Carolina
04-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Just because the Bengals had 1 good year, don't start worrying about whay they do. Next year, they will be back to the same old Bengals.

DIESELMAN
04-08-2006, 07:54 PM
what does everyone think about the bengals adding adams and jackson to there D

Not Much.....:helmet:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-08-2006, 09:33 PM
they still suck

SteelShooter
04-09-2006, 01:56 AM

All I have to in my bag of comments for this is.................:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

clevestinks
04-09-2006, 09:06 AM
what does everyone think about the bengals adding adams and jackson to there D i dont think they will be so easy to run on i think we need to have a good draft day to keep the championship in pittsburgh.
Not concerned! Big deal!

83-Steelers-43
04-09-2006, 09:18 AM
With a healthy Carson Palmer, I feel they will be a force to be reckoned with. The offseason moves they made were smart ones in my opinion. They beefed up the area where they were the weakest (run defense). I still feel we will be the better team when all is said and done, but I find it very hard to downplay or underestimate that Bengal team.

BlackNGold203
04-09-2006, 12:17 PM
With a healthy Carson Palmer, I feel they will be a force to be reckoned with. The offseason moves they made were smart ones in my opinion. They beefed up the area where they were the weakest (run defense). I still feel we will be the better team when all is said and done, but I find it very hard to downplay or underestimate that Bengal team.

agreed...but Palmer is the x-factor...they have been spinning this hard..but I'm tellin ya...he's hurt bad...and when he gets back..he wont be close to what he was....

no Palmer?....8-8 max

83-Steelers-43
04-09-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm not up to date on how Palmer's rehabilitation is coming along and I have no medical field experience so it's hard for me to make an accurate prediction on when Palmer will be back and healthy, but If they don't have him they will be in trouble. I don't care if they have Martin or Harrington backing him up.

Midnightwriter1
04-09-2006, 02:11 PM
i dont care who is at QB.. i just wanna see johnson throw a temper tantrum again and start punching his coaches. I think that was one of the finer moments the bengals hadthis year. Poor chad not getting his way makes him a very very dull boy.

83-Steelers-43
04-09-2006, 02:25 PM
That was pretty amusing. Good ol' Chad. Does his little dances, runs his big mouth, freaks out on his players and coaching staff and then gets on national television to tell everybody that everything was blown out of proportion and that nothing occured.

Starting to sound like somebody else we have all come to know and love that is currently playing for the Dallas Cowboys.

SteelerzGirl
04-09-2006, 04:54 PM
i dont care who is at QB.. i just wanna see johnson throw a temper tantrum again and start punching his coaches. I think that was one of the finer moments the bengals hadthis year. Poor chad not getting his way makes him a very very dull boy.

Oh that Chad is such a diva...(lol)! :smile:

CantStop85
04-09-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm not up to date on how Palmer's rehabilitation is coming along and I have no medical field experience so it's hard for me to make an accurate prediction on when Palmer will be back and healthy, but If they don't have him they will be in trouble. I don't care if they have Martin or Harrington backing him up.
As far as rehab goes, the latest reports say that Carson is right on schedule. He threw with the team for 30 minutes thursday. He is walking normally and has now started slow jogging.

At this point it looks like he will be able to start the opener, it's just a issue of whether or not the team will declare him ready.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-09-2006, 06:20 PM

Cincy went from having one of the easiest schedules in 2005 to the most difficult (tied w/Giants). If they trip out of the gate then even making the playoffs may be tough.

The health of our O-line will have a greater impact on our ability to run against the Bengals - especially if Duce does more than look angsted and overpriced in a sweatsuit.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-09-2006, 06:24 PM
That was pretty amusing. Good ol' Chad. Does his little dances, runs his big mouth, freaks out on his players and coaching staff and then gets on national television to tell everybody that everything was blown out of proportion and that nothing occured.

Starting to sound like somebody else we have all come to know and love that is currently playing for the Dallas Cowboys.

What a great place for TO to go. Worst case scenario we get to hate the Cowboys even more. Best case scenario is that he shoots that star right into the ground. I'm pulling for the latter.

SteelerMurf
04-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Just because the Bengals had 1 good year, don't start worrying about whay they do. Next year, they will be back to the same old Bengals.

Good point here and they faded badly at the end of the year.

Suitanim
04-10-2006, 08:58 AM
To give a more accurate and unbiased view of Carson's recovery, there have been several conflicting reports all along. Here's a synopsis:

-First it was the worst injury the doctor had ever seen.
-A couple days later, the Bengals spin machine went to work and downgraded the injury.

Why? My guess is to keep the fans drinking the Kool-Aid. No need to cause a panic...plus, it's bad for ticket sales.

-The injury usually has an 8-12 month recovery.

Even if he recovers in the MINIMUM time, He would be fully healed in mid-September. Does anyone think he'll heal in the absolute minimum time? From what is probably a worse-than-normal tear? And just because he's fully healed, will he be game ready? What kind of shape will he be in? How rusty? Even at 100%, I think they sit him until after the bye.

More likely, it'll be a ten-telve month recovery, which means he may not play at all, or only in the second half of the season. Why do I say this?

-The reports at week 10 of his recovery, which were that "He's right on schedule", but he's also saying that 10 weeks is only 1/4 of the way. 40 weeks equals 10 months on MY calendar, not 8.

I'd say the optimistic view would be that Palmer MAY be ready to play in week 6, coming of the Bengals week 5 bye.

steelerdude
04-10-2006, 09:09 AM

:idea: so is Kordell Stewart.

CantStop85
04-10-2006, 08:28 PM
To give a more accurate and unbiased view of Carson's recovery, there have been several conflicting reports all along. Here's a synopsis:

-First it was the worst injury the doctor had ever seen.
-A couple days later, the Bengals spin machine went to work and downgraded the injury.

Why? My guess is to keep the fans drinking the Kool-Aid. No need to cause a panic...plus, it's bad for ticket sales.

-The injury usually has an 8-12 month recovery.

Even if he recovers in the MINIMUM time, He would be fully healed in mid-September. Does anyone think he'll heal in the absolute minimum time? From what is probably a worse-than-normal tear? And just because he's fully healed, will he be game ready? What kind of shape will he be in? How rusty? Even at 100%, I think they sit him until after the bye.

More likely, it'll be a ten-telve month recovery, which means he may not play at all, or only in the second half of the season. Why do I say this?

-The reports at week 10 of his recovery, which were that "He's right on schedule", but he's also saying that 10 weeks is only 1/4 of the way. 40 weeks equals 10 months on MY calendar, not 8.

I'd say the optimistic view would be that Palmer MAY be ready to play in week 6, coming of the Bengals week 5 bye.
My feeling is that Carson may be able to play in the opener, but may not be fully recovered at that point and it would be a little risky to play him. I see him missing either 0 games or up until the bye. If he misses 1 or 2 games in the beginning and the team is struggling, then he may be rushed into action quicker than expected, ala Barry Bonds.

CantStop85
04-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Updates from Lance's blog...the Carson's recovery and Lavar Arrington tidbits are interesting:
Bengals tidbits
From my Bengals observer:
Lavar Arrington
Bengals remain interested in LaVar Arrington. They have crafted a very friendly one year deal and given it to LaVar's agent. Stay tuned as more news on this front will come out prior to the draft.
Joey Harrington
They remain interested in Harrington but will not give in to the Lion's demands for draft pick compensation. The team also remains interested in Jamie Martin as well as others. Expect this situation to be resolved shortly after the draft so that they can get a player in by the May mini camp.
What else I'm told:
Chad changing body:
"Chad Johnson is ripped. I mean as far as seeing a physical change in a player from one season to the next I was floored with what Chad has done. I can't believe I'm saying this but he looks Terrell Owens-ish. Kudos to Chad, as he has made a serious effort to increase his size and strength this off-season."
Carson tossing the pigskin:
"Friday Carson Palmer was moving quite well and working out in the weight room
Carson, Chad, TJ, and Tab Perry all were on the field Friday for about a half hour. Carson was throwing the ball from a standing position (no drop backs etc.). Carson looked well in throwing the short balls to the receivers, however his mobility is still very limited but coming along. The picture of him throwing though made everyone feel much better and definitely raised the spirits of everyone around. The team plans to have Carson throw periodically to keep his reps up and work on his arm strength. I was told they hope to see some mobility while throwing from him some time in June. He currently is scheduled to be throwing with full mobility by August 7th. If all goes well he would be positioned to return full speed by September 11th which is one week prior to the Browns game."
More notes:
Craig Krenzel also looked very sharp throwing the ball on medium to long routes Friday.
He connected with Chad downfield on a 50 yard bomb that was a textbook throw.
Craig was very impressive. He also looks like he bulked up considerably from 2005.

tony hipchest
04-10-2006, 09:13 PM
then he may be rushed into action quicker than expected, ala Barry Bonds. ....or needed, ala ben roethlisberger when the bengals actually squeaked out a win against the steelers? even though ben did pass for a career high 380+ yds (silencing the critics)? although it was more of a broken thumb that affected ben than his knee surgery, if he had just signed a $100 mil contract id rather be safe than sorry. as a steelerfan i say bring carson back asap.

Livinginthe past
04-11-2006, 12:59 AM
I think that Jamie Martin would be the best option for the Bengals - Harrington wont accept the demotion to back-up too well I wouldnt imagine.

Again, sometimes its difficult to judge a player who has only been part of a franchise that is as bad as Detriot - the work ethic and team unity seem sorely lacking in that locker room.

I think somewhere like Buffalo would be a better bet - Losman has not greatly impressed in his time as starter there and Harrington would add some real competition for the QB starters jersey.

NM

DiggetyDank
04-11-2006, 01:21 AM
I think that Palmer's injury is way worse than the Bungholes are letting on, but one thing makes me wonder - if they know this, why the hell would they get rid of Kitna? He was one of the best backups in the league. I'm assuming of course that the Bengals front office isn't stupid - after all, they've always made the right personnel moves in the past. Is Akili Smith still available?

Midnightwriter1
04-11-2006, 01:27 AM
I think Kitna kinda wanted to get out there as well.

Livinginthe past
04-11-2006, 01:49 AM
I think that Palmer's injury is way worse than the Bungholes are letting on, but one thing makes me wonder - if they know this, why the hell would they get rid of Kitna? He was one of the best backups in the league. I'm assuming of course that the Bengals front office isn't stupid - after all, they've always made the right personnel moves in the past. Is Akili Smith still available?

So what exactly makes you think that Palmers injury is 'way worse' than the Bengals are letting on?

NM

DiggetyDank
04-11-2006, 01:58 AM
That first statement from the doctor was telling, as has been said before. The damage control after the fact was interesting as well.

Midnight: Yeah, I guess you're right about that. I doubt he's going to be happy competing with McCown though, especially if he wins the starting job.

MasterOfPuppets
04-11-2006, 02:14 AM
So what exactly makes you think that Palmers injury is 'way worse' than the Bengals are letting on?

NM
ummmm well.....as suit said,the doctors intial quote was "its the worst he's ever seen....."

clevestinks
04-11-2006, 10:48 AM
My feeling is that Carson may be able to play in the opener, but may not be fully recovered at that point and it would be a little risky to play him. I see him missing either 0 games or up until the bye. If he misses 1 or 2 games in the beginning and the team is struggling, then he may be rushed into action quicker than expected, ala Barry Bonds.
I hope Palmer has a quick, successful recovery. I will not root for a rival, but he seems like a great kid. If I were the bengals I would play him to he was a 100%,

Livinginthe past
04-11-2006, 02:23 PM
ummmm well.....as suit said,the doctors intial quote was "its the worst he's ever seen....."

I was under the impression that alot of people thought that the Doc was overplaying the extent of the injury to make any subsequent recovery seem better than it actually was.

Personally speaking, I dont think that the Bengals would over-hype the return of their star QB - if he doesnt come back when they project him to it would probably lead to a massive let down in terms of morale.

If they were to make out it was worse than it really was, and then have him come back quicker than projected I think it would add some real momentum to their season.

NM

CantStop85
04-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I was under the impression that alot of people thought that the Doc was overplaying the extent of the injury to make any subsequent recovery seem better than it actually was.

Personally speaking, I dont think that the Bengals would over-hype the return of their star QB - if he doesnt come back when they project him to it would probably lead to a massive let down in terms of morale.

If they were to make out it was worse than it really was, and then have him come back quicker than projected I think it would add some real momentum to their season.

NM
It is what it is...Carson's going to shoot for recovering in time for the opener, but no one knows for sure exactly how the rehab will go. The Bengals organization understandably is preparing for the worst-case scenario in terms of personnel.

It's funny how Carson's rehab is always brought up and nothing is ever said about Culpepper...Culpepper had more or less the same injury and he's actually a mobile QB, yet Carson's career is in question and Culpepper just signed a fat new deal with Miami...what? :dang:

tony hipchest
04-11-2006, 10:32 PM
It is what it is...Carson's going to shoot for recovering in time for the opener, but no one knows for sure exactly how the rehab will go. The Bengals organization understandably is preparing for the worst-case scenario in terms of personnel.

It's funny how Carson's rehab is always brought up and nothing is ever said about Culpepper...Culpepper had more or less the same injury and he's actually a mobile QB, yet Carson's career is in question and Culpepper just signed a fat new deal with Miami...what? :dang:for one, culpepper has actually made it to the playoffs more than ONCE and led the legue in something.

for 2, culpeppers injury was at the beginning of the season 05, not the end of the season in 06. hes closer along to being back in action.

carson just cant skip over the healing and rehab phase of his injury. its just reality :dang:

clevestinks
04-12-2006, 10:54 AM

It's funny how Carson's rehab is always brought up and nothing is ever said about Culpepper...Culpepper had more or less the same injury and he's actually a mobile QB, yet Carson's career is in question and Culpepper just signed a fat new deal with Miami...what? :dang:
I agree with the firrst part. But if the bengals are looking worst case scenario, why wouldnt Kitna have been a priority?

Midnightwriter1
04-12-2006, 01:39 PM
no way should have let Kitna go IMO... that was not smart at all. Espcially give up Kitna for Harrington or Maddox ?? I owuld think money would be about the same being paid to each, but to keep Kitna would have been much easier.

Ohio Steeler
04-12-2006, 01:52 PM

well said the AFC North will come down between Us and Cincy you also might want to put Cleveland into that mix.

JoeyPorter#55
04-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Cincinnati lost their heart when Palmer went down! 31 was indeed more than 17!! For us Steelers, Paul Brown Stadium is our third Heinz Field from home along with Cleveland Browns Stadium

I loved that mother:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: in' 41-0 beatdown and the fact that Nathan "A:bouncy: :bouncy: face" Mallett got slammed made it all the sweeter, Porterstyle :boxing: !!!!!

CantStop85
04-13-2006, 06:19 PM
no way should have let Kitna go IMO... that was not smart at all. Espcially give up Kitna for Harrington or Maddox ?? I owuld think money would be about the same being paid to each, but to keep Kitna would have been much easier.
The guy wanted a chance to start somewhere...the Bengals couldn't force him to stay.

CantStop85
04-13-2006, 06:23 PM
for one, culpepper has actually made it to the playoffs more than ONCE and led the legue in something.

for 2, culpeppers injury was at the beginning of the season 05, not the end of the season in 06. hes closer along to being back in action.

carson just cant skip over the healing and rehab phase of his injury. its just reality :dang:
I'm not knocking Culpepper's playing ability in regards to his signing with Miami...I am saying that there should at least be some questions surrounding his health going into next season, especially since he's a mobile QB. Weren't original reports saying that Culpepper would miss half of next season, too? What happened to that? If he's recovering quicker than expected, then why isn't that a possibility for Carson too?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2006, 06:33 PM
I agree there's alot of questions surrounding Daunte's health for this year. The kind of injury he had and when it occured.. you just cant rush a guy like that back and try to harness him in.

Midnightwriter1
04-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Now they are saying culpepper may or may not be ready to go ... is all smoke to me,
Plain and simple truth is the Dolphins and Bengals both better have someone ready to go in case. I dont know Palmers particualr situation but i would presume that if Culpepper's injury happened earlier in the season and he is questionable, since Plamers happened aot later that he would prolly need more time to heal.

CantStop85
04-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Now they are saying culpepper may or may not be ready to go ... is all smoke to me,
Plain and simple truth is the Dolphins and Bengals both better have someone ready to go in case. I dont know Palmers particualr situation but i would presume that if Culpepper's injury happened earlier in the season and he is questionable, since Plamers happened aot later that he would prolly need more time to heal.
Palmer's injury wasn't nearly as bad as Culpepper's. Culpepper tore his ACL, MCL and PCL, Palmer tore only his ACL and MCL. The PCL is by far the worst because it requires you to rehab much more slowly and sometimes it requires a second surgery a year after the initial surgery in order to fix the other ligaments. Therefore, Culpepper's injury requires much more recovery time. If anybody's injury was career threatening, it was Culpepper's.

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 10:46 PM
rod woodson and palmer had the same injuries. r. woodson was the 1st player to have that injury and play in the same year. woodson got hurt the 1st game of the season and returned for a few token plays in sb XXX. i dont know if anyone has returned in less time since then.

clevestinks
04-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Palmer's injury wasn't nearly as bad as Culpepper's. Culpepper tore his ACL, MCL and PCL, Palmer tore only his ACL and MCL. The PCL is by far the worst because it requires you to rehab much more slowly and sometimes it requires a second surgery a year after the initial surgery in order to fix the other ligaments. Therefore, Culpepper's injury requires much more recovery time. If anybody's injury was career threatening, it was Culpepper's.
Your right, and Culpepper like to run around, things have now chenged for him

Palmers Knee
04-26-2006, 07:56 PM

On Palmer...
Okay, I couldn't get through the entire thread before commenting, and this post requires a response. No one, especially Steelers fans know that Palmer's knee is "way worse" than expected. I think the fact that they didn't overspend to bring in Martin or Harrington shows they feel pretty confident about him being back on time, much like what they've been saying for months now.

On Kitna...
The stories about Chad getting into that fight with Hue Jackson were "fabricated" in Marvin's words. And after all of that took place, he backed Chad and said publicly that the leak will not be with the team next year. Just recently I heard that Kitna was that "leak", so no matter how good of a back-up he was, Marvin won't keep those guys around. And seeing how the Bengals just extended Chad's contract through 2011, I think it's safe to say that that story was indeed "fabricated", if not at the very least "imbellished".

On Steelers Fans...
I'm not on here to be a prick or stir the pot, I just like to hear other teams opinions, regardless of how "blow hardish" they can be at times. But anyone who thinks the Bengals success last year was a fluke, doesn't know football. It's fine to have your Steeler Pride and all, but don't embarass yourself by saying "the Bengals suck". That's just plain stupid. They have arguably the best offense in the NFL now that Edge is in Arizona, and the majority of their defense is young, the same defense that played all of last year without either of their starting safties. So if you want to bash the Bengals, go right ahead. But also realize they beat you at home and lead you at half in the playoffs, something no other team managed to do. Infact, you could argue that the Bengals game was the 2nd toughest playoff game you had, and that was without Palmer.

So here's to an exciting season and hopefully two great games betweeen Cincy & Pittsburgh. I hope for competition sake, Carson is healthy for both games. Do you really want to beat the Bengals without Palmer?