PDA

View Full Version : Post game thoughts and goats

SteelCityMom
12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Put 'em here...we don't need a ton of threads.

I put mine squarely on ST's. I'm not completely heartbroken about the loss though. Get a win on Thursday and against the Browns and we've got a bye.

Sky is not falling.

pitt0wns
12-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Put that on the refs on that shitty PI no call

Big D
Put 'em here...we don't need a ton of threads.

I put mine squarely on ST's. I'm not completely heartbroken about the loss though. Get a win on Thursday and against the Browns and we've got a bye.

Sky is not falling.

I have no hope in our offense until arians is gone. I'm so sick of his piss poor playcalling and his shotgun formations

SteelCityMom
Meh, I'm hesitant to put any game on the refs. Stop the opening kickoff TD and it's not even an issue.

SH-Rock
12-19-2010, 07:19 PM
F' the refs
There was a pull on Sanders shirt and that's why he missed the TD.
And Arians should go. You see what happens when you have someone with a brain running it.
Good game for Sanders really stepped up.
Oh and Mike Tomlin is 0-8 at 4:15

pitt0wns
Meh, I'm hesitant to put any game on the refs. Stop the opening kickoff TD and it's not even an issue.

Shitty thing is we always get called for any lil thing and a guy is clearly held by his jersey.

Opening kickoff was bad too.

oh well

MattsMe
Refs and special teams.

I don't feel any different this week than I did the last three though. Goodell and the refs have taken all the joy and excitement out of Steeler games, whether we win or lose.

Fire Arians
bruce arians

SmashmouthFootball
12-19-2010, 07:20 PM
We should have had the ball at the 4 yard line with 29 seconds left and a full set of downs but they blew yet another call .

jjpro11
12-19-2010, 07:22 PM
another frustrating game to watch.. win or lose. been that way for a couple months now.

JCPsteelers
12-19-2010, 07:22 PM
The refs are a joke but that's nothing to be surprised about.

I say the special teams is just a joke and the offense just doesn't execute like a championship team. Flozell Adams 15 yard penalty didn't help either after we had the ball at almost midfield.

Embarrassing loss. The Jets are not a very good team.

NYC_Steeler
12-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Refs weren't the issue. We put ourselves into stupid positions by making truly stupid penalties, not making tackles, not sacking Sanchez, poor play-calling which resulted in a safety, etc. The list goes on and on. This has to be the most embarrassing loss so far this year - we lost to a team that got beat 45-3, and 9-0 at home. I'm sorry, but this is not a playoff caliber team. They can stop the run but not much of anything else.

BIGWILL
We should have had the ball at the 4 yard line with 29 seconds left and a full set of downs but they blew yet another call .

Yupp, once again the roger goodell minions show how sick and sh*tty they really are.

frunko1
that slow developing run with our smallest running back from our endzone was very stupid

BlockMonsta
12-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Run the ball 17 times. Pass 44......

stb_steeler
12-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Refs and special teams.

I don't feel any different this week than I did the last three though. Goodell and the refs have taken all the joy and excitement out of Steeler games, whether we win or lose.

Agreed.....Harrison was non exsistant today...looks like Goodell's gettin what he wanted

stb_steeler
12-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Refs weren't the issue. We put ourselves into stupid positions by making truly stupid penalties, not making tackles, not sacking Sanchez, poor play-calling which resulted in a safety, etc. The list goes on and on. This has to be the most embarrassing loss so far this year - we lost to a team that got beat 45-3, and 9-0 at home. I'm sorry, but this is not a playoff caliber team. They can stop the run but not much of anything else.

Dont tell anyone else that....lol

SmashmouthFootball
12-19-2010, 07:26 PM

:blah:

We're going to make the playoffs, we're probably going to win the division, and we're going to have some of the best defensive players in the league coming back right in time(Aaron Smith for the playoffs, Troy potentially before the playoffs).

It's not about peaking this week, it's about having the ability to win tough fought playoff games.

Rick5895
12-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Special teams were horrible today! Arians situational lay calling was horrible!! One more goat for you, and I know it won't be popular however, Harrison shit the bed on Sanchez bootleg TD run. They ran that same basic play earlier in that dirve for a first down on the pass to Keller. On the Goal line in that situation James should have expected it or at least been prepared for it.

pete74
you guys all are blaming the refs but it goes both ways. you obviously overlook all our holding calls but jump on the refs when it happens to us. we lost and it wasnt because of the refs.

SteelCityMom
It's too bad too, cause Mendy had such a great game today. Freaking Arians pisses me off.

dcsteel5804
Refs and special teams.

I really dont think the refs stole that game in any form or fashion. Bottom line is we lost today because the Jets outplayed us, special teams sucked, and we're offensively hadicapped with BA. Why would you call a play who success hinged on the block of P.O.S. backup tackle. That was the back breaker, not the refs.

JCPsteelers

I agree its an embarrassing loss but we aren't a playoff caliber team is a little over the top. We are going to end up with 11 or 12 wins.

theplatypus
The line played so well in the 1st half. What the **** happened to them in the 2nd? That safety killed us.

Atlanta Dan
12-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Refs and special teams.

:iagree:

The call on Clark was awful (as was the call on Clark 4 weeks ago)

Tough loss but it really does not matter that much

dcsteel5804
12-19-2010, 07:28 PM
I really dont think the refs stole that game in any form or fashion. Bottom line is we lost today because the Jets outplayed us, special teams sucked, and we're offensively hadicapped with BA. Why would you call a play who success hinged on the block of P.O.S. backup tackle. That was the back breaker, not the refs.

And just for clarification, I'm talking about the safety play.

lionslicer
12-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Steelers should have won, no call at the end of the game was terrible.

Pass defense was bad, but Jets totally changed their offense, everything the Steelers studies wasn't in the game, I can't completely blame them.

PS: Fire Arians

Steel_Bus_24
lord Im so pissed right now..............anyone who had watched a Jets game, knew that the only way they would be able to hang with us would be.........

Brad Smith running wild

and stupid Offensive Turonvers by us

We did both.....that safety was a O Turnover...........

FU Bruce........who the hell runs a slow developing shotgun draw play on your own Goalline.........Bruce motherF***** Arians.......thats who

Someone better have the balls to tell these guys what they just blew out there today.........If we want any legitimate shot at a SB.........then we need that freaking bye.........Hell if there not careful and just take games for granted like last year we might find a way to miss the playoffs entirely

BIGWILL
[QUOTE=JCPsteelers;882207]
I say the special teams is just a joke and the offense just doesn't execute like a championship team. QUOTE]

Yeah. The offense can execute they have the players to do it. But with the playcalling its like there put in a box and smothered.

SH-Rock
A lot of people had a great day
Mendy
Sanders- How about Sanders made a lot of big plays if only he caught the TD, but he couldnt because Revis held him
Ben-Great last minute drive even though we lost

eafratitpm3
12-19-2010, 07:30 PM
In the last 4 games they have handed the ball to Moore 5 or 6 times with an average of -4 and a safety, who the F thinks this is a good play in the Steelers organization

JCPsteelers
12-19-2010, 07:31 PM
In the last 4 games they have handed the ball to Moore 5 or 6 times with an average of -4 and a safety, who the F thinks this is a good play in the Steelers organization

Bruce Arians

Raw Steel
12-19-2010, 07:31 PM
There was a pull on Sanders shirt and that's why he missed the TD.

There were four of those in the game and none called. Steeler receivers running past Jets defenders grabbing the jersey as the Steeler ran past them. But if your secondary has a good reputation, you will get away with it.

Other goats: Special teams, Arians, as usual and I have to say Coach Dick, too. The Jets were conservative as hell today and the Steelers couldn't get pressure and came up with big play calls when they did needed it.

Rick5895
12-19-2010, 07:32 PM
you guys all are blaming the refs but it goes both ways. you obviously overlook all our holding calls but jump on the refs when it happens to us. we lost and it wasnt because of the refs.

Absolutely agree with you. The officiating this season in the NFL has been horrible for ALL teams.
When you give up KR TD's you generally lose.

superkia
12-19-2010, 07:34 PM
I agree with what someone said above, the penalties called on the Steelers and the ones NOT called on their opponents has just taken away from the enjoyment of watching the games. I hope things change before the season is over?

Farrior_roirraW
Absolutely agree with you. The officiating this season in the NFL has been horrible for ALL teams.
When you give up KR TD's you generally lose.

Great post. :thumbsup:

BIGWILL
A lot of people had a great day
Mendy
Sanders- How about Sanders made a lot of big plays if only he caught the TD, but he couldnt because Revis held him
Ben-Great last minute drive even though we lost

Sanders has matured alot over the season and is becoming a go to reciever now. Revis is a tough corner and Sanders proved he can run with the big boys. :tt:

SH-Rock
True there were a lot of holding on receivers, but the Sanders one was the most important. I have to agree with ST and Defense not what we usually see. And Arians- oh man. I really see his days as numbered. You saw how Ben just picked apart the Jets on the final drive even though we lost.

dcsteel5804
12-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Positives:
- Mendenhall had a good game, which means the line actually run blocked pretty decently
- The defense only gave up 13 points without Troy
- Manny Sanders came up big in crunch time. I like the kid
- Ben played relatively well

Negatives:
- Our 3rd quarter woes continued. We barely possessed the ball in the 2nd half
- Special teams gave up 7 points, which proved to be enough to cement the win
- Sanchez wasn't under too much pressure and we missed key 3rd down stops late in the game
- BA called a stupid play from the 3 yard line that helped to lose the game
- BA is our Offensive Coordinator.

therocksteeler
12-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Who in the world called that cross route running play with Moore out of the endzone? If anything we needed Big O in place and straight thru the marks up the middle/PA something besides a delay in the backfield. Oh and this just in The jets coach fined for tripping last week just paid off the line judge in the parking lot at Heinz Field. No pass interfer/holding....hello!

:banging:

Anywayz........Ratbirds still reek and I hate the Patreeidiots

Go Steelers!
:tt04:

Rick5895
12-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Sanders has matured alot over the season and is becoming a go to reciever now. Revis is a tough corner and Sanders proved he can run with the big boys. :tt:

Sometimes games like this actually help a team, Sanders did a great job, this will give us a better offense for the playoffs. With Sanders stepping up it will open up for Wallace more and Wallace is starting to run great routes, looking an awful lot like Santo did when he was with us.

btaylor179
12-19-2010, 07:45 PM
special teams gives up 7 and offense gives up 2

Chadmagic
12-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Well in another thread I said that if they scored on their opening drive... we lose. They did and we did. :(

Sadly we can't seem to get up early on teams and beat them down. We ALWAYS play from behind and it is physically draining on the team and it shows in the 2nd half. Then by the 4th quarter, we get those meltdowns and let teams win.

Now its finally taking its toll along with injuries. Instead of squeaking out those close wins, today we didn't. Sadly we needed a win today to guarantee a playoff spot. It was easy. Win and your in. We couldn't do it so now we gotta win the last 2.

The good news is that if we do win the last 2 we are still the 2nd seed and get a bye. But if we drop 1 game, suddenly we are looking at 5 or 6 seed or *yikes* not making it all!

The offense line played a lot better. If they keep that up I give us a shot at putting more points on the board in the future. The defense didn't have their best game and got burned a few times. If Troy was in there it woulda been a different story. He is a difference maker and it shows when hes not in. We just don't get that spark.
Special teams was the worst today! Take that TD off the board and this game goes the other way easily.

steelerchad
12-19-2010, 07:49 PM
special teams coverage, dropped passes (mostly Spaeth), bad situational playcalling, refs calls. In that order.

Spaeth dropped at least 3 balls and his last drop would have been a TD if he caught it or didn't get in the way of the intended receiver ( Sanders in the back of the endzone I think)

Busforever
12-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Ryan Clark shouldn't have been flagged in my opinion. And Cromartie should have been flagged many times, especially when he ruins the TD with another interference.

Other than that, i think we also lost the game because we wanted to settle long drives. That's a good thing, but only if you are efficient, because you're not going to have many oportunities (long drives = fewer shots). In second half, we just lost on the key plays, or wasted chances with ruining-drive fumbles. Each team had 9 drives, 9 chances to score, and that's a little number (average is 12 I think).

TRH
12-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Wow...the reasons we lost are many.

# 1 reason : Special teams. I think a girl's soccer team could've tackled better than that. You poorly give up a TD and then come right back and do almost the same thing and give them great field position on subsequent kick-offs. Unacceptable. That in itself lost us the game.

2. How do you NOT score on one of those last 2 plays of the game?? The scenario is this....the defense is holding back and you have ALLLLLLLLLLLL day to stand back there and find someone.
The Pats and Brady score on this play almost every time. Brees and the Saints will score on one of the 2 plays. Rivers and SD score on that. Flacco, with that kind of time, finds someone and scores. Ben had all day. That was really poor execution.

3. Was this the game that sealed Arians fate? That run behind the line was STUPID.

4. Refs. OMG. Horrendous. It appeared there was no problem calling penalties on us....but the same couldn't be done on the other side. Numerous pass interference's NOT called. They were very clear.
League needs to take a good hard look at officiating this off-season. The level of officiating has been completely unacceptable.

5. Blitz Gay more.

6. A new way to beat Pittsburgh? Just "fake" us on a play. We got embarrassed by 'fake' plays today. We looked fooled and dunce-cap stupid.

7. How come we can't run back kick-offs? They have long run backs...we get stuffed and we're lucky if we bring it out to the 20

8. They're punts also killed us. They pinned us almost every time. We couldn't do it to them.

Those are a few of my immediate thoughts...

LVSteelersfan
12-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Effin empty backfield bubble screens NEVER WORK you stupid jerk. Empty backfield on 3rd and short is STUPID you effin idiot. Bringing Moore in on the 2 yard line is effin stupid, you freakin moron.When will we finally be rid of this moron Arians. I am so po'ed I can hardly stand it. Effin refs who won't call PI on the other team EVER. Effin kicker who kicks off just as bad as Reed and gives the other team great field position. This is all on the coaching staff and horrendous play calling at the worst possible times.

Busforever
12-19-2010, 08:17 PM
2. How do you NOT score on one of those last 2 plays of the game?? The scenario is this....the defense is holding back and you have ALLLLLLLLLLLL day to stand back there and find someone.
The Pats and Brady score on this play almost every time. Brees and the Saints will score on one of the 2 plays. Rivers and SD score on that. Flacco, with that kind of time, finds someone and scores. Ben had all day. That was really poor execution.

Well, football is not as easy as you may think, especially when you have defenders in front of you:chuckle: And don't forget Big Ben knows how to do that, he made a play or two in a pretty big game against the Cards...

Rick5895
12-19-2010, 08:22 PM
When the Texans fire Kubiak we should hire him as our OC

truesteelerfan
12-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Why o Why can'[t Ben just throw it up and let Wallace go get it....That worked back in the day for Moss in MN....I know Ben often might underthrow him, and that was a problem in MN also...but 3 step drop and launch it from time to time...

Hayeksheroes
12-19-2010, 08:32 PM
How do you call a shotgun draw to Moore? that is the worse call I've seen in years.

IowaSteeler927
12-19-2010, 08:35 PM
I am disgusted with the NFL as a whole right now particularly the officiating, and with Roger Goodell and his hypocritical rule changes. The Officials cost us the game plain and simple. Two touchdowns got negated by Antonio Cromartie holding receivers jerseys after he had clearly gotten burned off the line of scrimmage. Cromartie is and always has been a mediocre corner that gets more credit than he deserves. He consistently gets away with pass interference calls and has been getting away with them since he was in San Diego.

The Personal Foul call on Ryan Clark was another crock of crap. It was a completely legal hit. Ryan Clark did not lead with the top of his helmet. He simply launched into the receiver and made a fair tackle. We all know Ryan Clark is one of the baddest hitters in the NFL and that he could have split Braylon Edwards in two if he wanted to. He held himself off and made a form tackle on a receiver who was in the air and got penalized for it because the Hypocrite Roger Goodell has the Officials afraid of their own shadows.

What was with the confusion on what down it was and ball placement in this game also. I think there were two separate situations in which the officials had to stop play because they got confused and had misplaced the ball and gotten the down wrong. I thought this took some of the momentum away also and on at least one occasion gave the Jets defense a breather when they should have been on their heels.

All in all we lost a game today that we should have won.

truesteelerfan
12-19-2010, 08:36 PM
How do you call a shotgun draw to Moore? that is the worse call I've seen in years.

I agree completely...said the same on another thread...Worst play to call in that situation....Does he WANT us to win? Hope Tomlin kicks him in the arse for that playcall. That cost us a shot at the end to tie it up.

steelerchad
12-19-2010, 08:37 PM
It sure looks like we were owned in the playcalling dept. The special teams cost us the game with the return TD. The big plays the Jets made were on great play calls. Very innovative and caught our D by surprise. They were also executed well. When you look at our worst plays. Awful call in the endzone with even poorer execution.

TRH
12-19-2010, 08:39 PM
I agree completely...said the same on another thread...Worst play to call in that situation....Does he WANT us to win? Hope Tomlin kicks him in the arse for that playcall. That cost us a shot at the end to tie it up.

That was dreadful. I always been of the thinking that Arians isn't going anywhere, but i couldn't help but wonder if that play just sealed his fate.

ricksteelers55
12-19-2010, 08:40 PM
I clearly blame the ST TD and Matt Spaeth is not a good backup(sorry for all the Spaeth's lovers).He dropped a couple of passes and lost some footing a couple of times.

BTW Guys: Stop acting like Seahawks fans and stop blaming refs for calls that should have been made,we got some bad calls ourselves(2 bad spots in the 1st half).

The refs are what they are we cant let them dictate our games we need to face losses like real men we allowed too many big plays and it cost us the game.

IowaSteeler927
12-19-2010, 08:43 PM
I clearly blame the ST TD and Matt Spaeth is not a good backup(sorry for all the Spaeth's lovers).He dropped a couple of passes and lost some footing a couple of times.

BTW Guys: Stop acting like Seahawks fans and stop blaming refs for calls that should have been made,we got some bad calls ourselves(2 bad spots in the 1st half).

The refs are what they are we cant let them dictate our games we need to face losses like real men we allowed too many big plays and it cost us the game.

Sometimes the officiating has to come into question. There were four non-calls on blatantly obvious pass interferences and there was the atrocious personal foul call that extended a Jets drive and allowed them to get their first offensive TD in 10 quarters of football. I know the Steelers get lucky sometimes, and that other teams do as well but when you have that many mistakes in one game by an officiating crew that is supposed to be professional it is inexcusable. Two of the non-calls on the pass interferences by Antonio Cromartie were plays in which the receiver was going to be open, had burned Cromartie off of the line of scrimmage, and would have been sure Touchdowns that would have been a deciding factor in the outcome of the game.

rich4eagle
12-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Put that on the refs on that shitty PI no call

I basically feel the Steelers outplayed the Jets and the refs set up the Jets second half TD. Failed to call obvious penalties on them in the game and the failure to see the interference in the big play in the end zone was ridiculous; To me it is clear the Steelers have been a team designated to flag.

This has been obvious for some weeks. Clark hit the receiver with his shoulder in the chest while he was upgright and got fifteen and that cost the game.

The NFL HAS become which team gets the calls in the last few years

TRH
12-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Well, football is not as easy as you may think, especially when you have defenders in front of you:chuckle: And don't forget Big Ben knows how to do that, he made a play or two in a pretty big game against the Cards...

I understand that. But still.....poor execution. No one said it was easy. It would be another thing if there was pressure, a sack, whatever. He had ALL....DAY.....LONG back there. And we had TWO plays, not one, both with no pressue at all. My main point is the better teams in the league make that play happen. Period.
We don't. It's our sputtering offense again...we can move the ball all game...but we can't do anything inside the 20

IowaSteeler927
12-19-2010, 08:53 PM
I understand that. But still.....poor execution. No one said it was easy. It would be another thing if there was pressure, a sack, whatever. He had ALL....DAY.....LONG back there. And we had TWO plays, not one, both with no pressue at all. My main point is the better teams in the league make that play happen. Period.
We don't. It's our sputtering offense again...we can move the ball all game...but we can't do anything inside the 20

I don't think the offense had anything to do with this loss outside of the piss poor playcall out of our own endzone that resulted in a safety. They got back to basics in this game and ran the ball well. Ben also looked good throwing the ball and Mike Wallace went for 102 yards despite being held and ridden half the game by Antonio Cromartie.

The officiating determined the outcome of the game plain and simple. The offense did better than I expected them to and the defense only gave up 13 points which is respectable.

TRH
12-19-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't think the offense had anything to do with this loss outside of the piss poor playcall out of our own endzone that resulted in a safety. They got back to basics in this game and ran the ball well. Ben also looked good throwing the ball and Mike Wallace went for 102 yards despite being held and ridden half the game by Antonio Cromartie.

The officiating determined the outcome of the game plain and simple. The offense did better than I expected them to and the defense only gave up 13 points which is respectable.

You're defnitely right about that. The officiating DID cost us the game. No question. We should have been trying to run it in from the 1/2 yard line.
They could call penalties on us all day, no problem.....but they couldn't call them on the other guys. You try to not sound like a whiner, but c'mon...it definitely wasn't fair out there today. Again.
That said...we still should have executed on one of those plays.

steelerchad
12-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Timmons was quiet today. Only time I saw him today, LT was leaving cleat prints on his chest on 3rd and 4 while running over top of him for 7. He was just coming off a block, but I hate seeing a Steeler MLB getting trucked by an aging RB.

TRH
12-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Timmons was quiet today. Only time I saw him today, LT was leaving cleat prints on his chest on 3rd and 4 while running over top of him for 7. He was just coming off a block, but I hate seeing a Steeler MLB getting trucked by an aging RB.

The whole LB crew was fairly quiet today. Harrison did make a couple good plays today i noticed. Woodley didn't play up to the level he played at the last few weeks.

ZoneBlitzer
12-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I thought the goat of the game for the Steelers was Flozell Adams for his stupid selfish personal foul. You could feel the air come out of the game at that point and the momentum swung their way. I'm not really feeling too good about this team's chances going forward. Maybe I've got rose-colored glasses on but I just think that this offense is underachieving and capable of so much more. They made some strides today but at the end of the day 17 points leaves little room for error.

finesward
12-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Can anyone explain to me why the CB covering Sanders on that last play was allowed to bear hug him in the endzone? I mean seriously...

TRH
12-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I thought the goat of the game for the Steelers was Flozell Adams for his stupid selfish personal foul. You could feel the air come out of the game at that point and the momentum swung their way. I'm not really feeling too good about this team's chances going forward. Maybe I've got rose-colored glasses on but I just think that this offense is underachieving and capable of so much more. They made some strides today but at the end of the day 17 points leaves little room for error.

I agree. You have to have some self-control. That really wiped things out for us.

SH-Rock
12-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Can anyone explain to me why the CB covering Sanders on that last play was allowed to bear hug him in the endzone? I mean seriously...

Because they can. Simple as that.

TRH
12-19-2010, 09:21 PM

Because the refs said it was ok. They told him "we didn't call any of the interference calls on you guys today, so go ahead and do it again....we won't call this one either. Hell, we wont' even look that way..."

VegasStlrFan
12-19-2010, 09:29 PM
I see a ton of people bashing Arian's play calling as always (maybe rightfully so, I'm not a BA fan). But what about Ben? He was 23-44, barely over 50%, 264 yd and a TD. We have a $100M QB that is average every week. If you have a guy thats really worth $100M and you give him 44 shots in a game you'd think he might produce more than average numbers.

Defense was fine, 13pts and gave the O 2 shots to win it at the end of the game.

TRH
12-19-2010, 09:33 PM
I see a ton of people bashing Arian's play calling as always (maybe rightfully so, I'm not a BA fan). But what about Ben? He was 23-44, barely over 50%, 264 yd and a TD. We have a $100M QB that is average every week. If you have a guy thats really worth $100M and you give him 44 shots in a game you'd think he might produce more than average numbers.

Defense was fine, 13pts and gave the O 2 shots to win it at the end of the game.

in his defense, there were a number of dropped balls, including a couple from Spaeth alone. Also, Wallace and i think it was Brown messed up a couple of their routes on otherwise what were perfectly thrown balls when they turned in the wrong direction and/or slowed up when they shouldn't have...

Lord of Lombardi
12-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Guys,

Maybe we're not that good. I now add Leblow to the list of problems with this teams coaching. I can give him a mulligan for the Brady screwup and not over blitzing NE.. But not to send the house on Sancheez whiz.... Ridunkulous. Arians can take his sorry ass back to brown stain ville. WE DON'T WANT YOU INFECTING OUR TEAM ANY LONGER WITH YOUR SORRY ASS OHIO KARMA.

Say what you want about the poor play calling, poor refereeing, better team lost...blah, blah, blah, Do you actually thing the JETS are flying home right now giving 2 sheets about how they won. Stop blaming the refs... .Other teams do that when we win, especially the Ratbird fans... It is embarrasing that we don't look in the mirror and blame ourselves. 100%... For retaining an Offensive Coordinator that holds us back, for a Defensive Coordinator that doesn't trust our team enough to blitz douchebags... Come on.... We are a very good Defense that can stop the run but not a top throwing QB. We are a very good Offense unless we listen to an offensive coordinator like Arians... So hold on because nobody is beating NE in New England.. Brady is protected like no other QB and Ben continues to get pummeled. Our team will continue to be a marked team because we choose to speak up against the league and Go to hell Goodell. Football as we knew it is on the way out. This high scoring BS is what the league wants and they are ruining smash mouth football and fans like me. GO ahead and strike, strike for years... They really don't play football anymore anyways... They play what ever football the league feels like calling today.

I love the Steelers but unfortunately we can no longer be the Steelers. F. U Goodell for taking my beloved football. Hello Hockey and the Pens!

TRH
12-19-2010, 09:38 PM
I thought we would completely send the house the entire game. It kinda shocked me that we didn't and only started near the end of the game.

steelerchad
12-19-2010, 09:39 PM
We blew a golden opportunity to have a chance to rest some guys before the playoffs and still get the #2 seed. If we had won today and then beaten the Panthers on Thursday we likely could have rested all the banged up guys in the Browns game. Most of the strength of Victory tiebreaker games went our way today. Cincy, Atl, Oak, and Tenn all won. It would have been virtually impossible for the Ravens to own the tiebreaker on us had we won today. Our guys could have rested for 3 1/2 weeks. This loss may cost us dearly as we may not get as healthy as we should have for the playoffs.

steelerchad
12-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Guys,

Maybe we're not that good. I now add Leblow to the list of problems with this teams coaching. I can give him a mulligan for the Brady screwup and not over blitzing NE.. But not to send the house on Sancheez whiz.... Ridunkulous. Arians can take his sorry ass back to brown stain ville. WE DON'T WANT YOU INFECTING OUR TEAM ANY LONGER WITH YOUR SORRY ASS OHIO KARMA.

Say what you want about the poor play calling, poor refereeing, better team lost...blah, blah, blah, Do you actually thing the JETS are flying home right now giving 2 sheets about how they won. Stop blaming the refs... .Other teams do that when we win, especially the Ratbird fans... It is embarrasing that we don't look in the mirror and blame ourselves. 100%... For retaining an Offensive Coordinator that holds us back, for a Defensive Coordinator that doesn't trust our team enough to blitz douchebags... Come on.... We are a very good Defense that can stop the run but not a top throwing QB. We are a very good Offense unless we listen to an offensive coordinator like Arians... So hold on because nobody is beating NE in New England.. Brady is protected like no other QB and Ben continues to get pummeled. Our team will continue to be a marked team because we choose to speak up against the league and Go to hell Goodell. Football as we knew it is on the way out. This high scoring BS is what the league wants and they are ruining smash mouth football and fans like me. GO ahead and strike, strike for years... They really don't play football anymore anyways... They play what ever football the league feels like calling today.

I love the Steelers but unfortunately we can no longer be the Steelers. F. U Goodell for taking my beloved football. Hello Hockey and the Pens!

Green Bay is doing it right now with a back-up QB. And the Browns destroyed them earlier this year. They are very good, but hardly invincible. The days of dominant teams are over.

ricardisimo
12-20-2010, 03:27 AM
Run the ball 17 times. Pass 44......
Try 47 times - the three sacks don't count as pass attempts for some reason. We can also reasonably count Ben's two runs as busted pass plays as well, making the final tally 23 rushes vs. 49 pass plays... in a snow storm. Typical Arians. Cleveland all over again.

Now, of course if Mendenhall's numbers were bad, then you could make the argument that we abandoned the run because it abandoned us. But he averaged almost 6 yards/carry. What the hell was Mewelde doing in there in that situation?

Arians, Mewelde and the STs share the goat of the week award.

ricardisimo
12-20-2010, 03:32 AM
They are supposedly pulling Timmons out more lately to put an extra safety in on passing downs... which might as well be every down against the Steelers this year. Big mistake, since he's one of our best defenders, but then I guess that's why they don't pay me the big bucks.
in his defense, there were a number of dropped balls, including a couple from Spaeth alone. Also, Wallace and i think it was Brown messed up a couple of their routes on otherwise what were perfectly thrown balls when they turned in the wrong direction and/or slowed up when they shouldn't have...
And the question that needs to be asked is why is he airing it out like that in December, in Pittsburgh? And why the spikes? Why not a full no-huddle? That's all Bruce, not Ben.
Green Bay is doing it right now with a back-up QB. And the Browns destroyed them earlier this year. They are very good, but hardly invincible. The days of dominant teams are over.
Flynn did very well, but the the untold story there is that GB decided to run the ball on New England - just like Cleveland did earlier in the year - and they very nearly won doing it. Bear in mind that Green Bay can't run the ball at all, on anybody, and yet they racked up 140 yards on the ground.

An offensive coordinator who did his homework might make something of these little details... nah. What am I thinking? :doh:

ncsteeler
12-20-2010, 04:08 AM

after all they did give a free set of downs and a generous spot on the one scoring drive. I think the refs overall were just crappy, not for on team or another.

To me, the basic passrush didn't show up today, woodley especially

ncsteeler
12-20-2010, 04:09 AM
:iagree:

The call on Clark was awful (as was the call on Clark 4 weeks ago)

Tough loss but it really does not matter that much

I'm not saying the rule is a good one, but launching is text book penalty.

ncsteeler
12-20-2010, 04:15 AM
Why o Why can'[t Ben just throw it up and let Wallace go get it....That worked back in the day for Moss in MN....I know Ben often might underthrow him, and that was a problem in MN also...but 3 step drop and launch it from time to time...

Ben threw one out to him and he turned the wrong way, then Ben threw another onthe fake spike and he didn't get it.

ncsteeler
12-20-2010, 04:19 AM

Timmons led the team in tackles. Dude played solid, just not great I guess.

IowaSteeler927
12-20-2010, 05:05 AM
Guys,

Any why exactly should we blame the team when two touchdowns were prevented by Antonio Cromartie grabbing Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sander's jerseys on key plays? Poor officiating IS the reason this game was lost plain and simple. The defense played a good game and the offense played better than they have the past two weeks.

The cold hard fact of the matter is that Antonio Cromartie got away with 3 out of 4 holding/pass interference penalites by hanging onto the back of Wallace's and Sanders' jerseys and that on two of the occasions he did it he prevented touchdowns with the major one being committed in the last seconds of the game.

I will agree with you though that the NFL is turning into powder puff football. Offenses are allowed to do whatever they want because defenders can no longer hit receivers or Quarterbacks the way that they have always been able to in the past. The Hypocrite Roger Goodell continues to tarnish the tradition of the sport of football and to ruin the reputation of the NFL with his abuse of his authority over the league.

steeltheone
12-20-2010, 06:10 AM

Might want to look at the talent around him. The line is not good. The receivers are average at best. This team is not at 10 wins without him.

USWSteel
12-20-2010, 06:58 AM

I agree 1000%. Ben had all day to throw today and still only musters one TD pass. The WR's were wide open today. He missed a wide open Wallace in the 1st quarter(threw it 5 yards OB) and then again on the fake spike, Ben's pass wasn't even close. We keep making all the excuses in the world for Ben's mediocre play this year ...O-line,BA and any other things you can think of. He simply isnt playing good at all. For every completion I can think of 2 passes that are to WR's shoe tops or 5 feet over there head. Alot of his completions are great catches by the receivers ( see randle el catch). I think this is where Brady and Manning are leaps and bounds above Ben, they make the players on there offense much better then they are..ie Collie, Tamme, Garcon, Woodhead, Branch, Both NE TE's Edelman and on and on and on. Both teams can plug in a player and they dont miss a beat on offense We dont have that luxury because Ben just doesnt have the same abilty to make the others around him better. Just think if our defense was average, how many game would we have won this year giving up says 25 pts per game. Not many. Ben has a 100 million $ contract....start playing like it. :tt03:

plenewken
12-20-2010, 07:20 AM

I agree with you 100%. I wrote it many times before. I don't think we get $100M worth of production from Ben.
If what Ben does is worth $100M, then Polamalu should get $300M ........... and Brady should be paid $500M.

TRH
12-20-2010, 08:56 AM
I agree with you 100%. I wrote it many times before. I don't think we get $100M worth of production from Ben.
If what Ben does is worth $100M, then Polamalu should get $300M ........... and Brady should be paid $500M.

haha. Let Brady come in here and play with this high-school caliber quality OL. Our receivers are continually fouling up their running routes. We've had more dropped passes than the avg team. Manning or Brees would even do one step worse than Brady. You would not see the world-class Brady you see w/NE. He has a great OL up there. He's great when he has all day long and he usually almost always does. When he's under pressure he's an avg QB.

BritishSteel
12-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Blown ST coverage on the kick-off - someone else said it - you give up a ST touchdown, you'll probably lose. It's a shame because our ST has looked a lot better this season (more so now Sweez is kicking). Then there were the stupid decisions - coaching and players - the Moore play that led to the safety - in what universe is the evidence that would end differently? Adams stupid personal foul penalty that completely derailed a promising drive - this guy is supposed to be a vet - he should play like one. Yes, the officiating crew blew, but then the officiating this year has been dismal, and it's not like we're the only ones suffering.

We didn't play very well yesterday, and it's one of those games that you'd want back, so playing on Thursday Night might be a bonus. That said, we still moved the ball better than late and my biggest disappointment yesterday was very conservative play calling on defence. Hopefully, two fairly easy wins with some back-ups in and a few injuries healed and we'll be a different team in the playoffs.

I'm not too worried about yesterday - chalk it down to a bad day at the office.........

plenewken
12-20-2010, 09:13 AM
haha. Let Brady come in here and play with this high-school caliber quality OL. Our receivers are continually fouling up their running routes. We've had more dropped passes than the avg team. Manning or Brees would even do one step worse than Brady. You would not see the world-class Brady you see w/NE. He has a great OL up there. He's great when he has all day long and he usually almost always does. When he's under pressure he's an avg QB.

Ben was not under pressure yesterday. He had at least 5 or 6 secs in the pocket, yet, his completion ratio was pretty much 50%.
Compare the passing stats between Brady and Ben against the Jets. Brady attempted 1/2 the passes Ben attempted yesterday, yet, Brady scored 4 TDs and Ben 1.

Brady has 31TDs - 4 INT so far, Ben has 14 TDs - 5 INT. Ben's now 10th in QB rating, he was 5th 3 weeks ago. Ben's also 17th in % of completion. That's not the stats of a $100M QB, sorry.

USWSteel
12-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Ben was not under pressure yesterday. He had at least 5 or 6 secs in the pocket, yet, his completion ratio was pretty much 50%.
Compare the passing stats between Brady and Ben against the Jets. Brady attempted 1/2 the passes Ben attempted yesterday, yet, Brady scored 4 TDs and Ben 1.

Brady has 31TDs - 4 INT so far, Ben has 14 TDs - 5 INT. Ben's now 10th in QB rating, he was 5th 3 weeks ago. Ben's also 17th in % of completion. That's not the stats of a $100M QB, sorry.

How many of those 31 TD's did the OL throw ? :noidea:

SteelCityMom
12-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Guys,

Maybe we're not that good. I now add Leblow to the list of problems with this teams coaching.

You blame "Leblow" for the defense only allowing 13 points? And then compare that the the NE debacle? Seriously, c'mon man.

And I didn't quote your rant, but I noticed you didn't mention ST's once in it. They are the biggest reason the Steelers lost. :doh:

vasteeler
12-20-2010, 12:41 PM
bla bla bla .....bunch of debbie downers

SteelWolf62
12-20-2010, 01:04 PM
bla bla bla .....bunch of debbie downers

Amen!!

SH-Rock
12-20-2010, 01:36 PM
You blame "Leblow" for the defense only allowing 13 points? And then compare that the the NE debacle? Seriously, c'mon man.

And I didn't quote your rant, but I noticed you didn't mention ST's once in it. They are the biggest reason the Steelers lost. :doh:

Lets see

1-10-PIT 37 (3:43) #75 Turner reports as eligible receiver. S.Greene left tackle to PIT 32 for 5 yards (R.Clark, L.Timmons).
2-5-PIT 32 (2:59) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to B.Edwards. Coverage by #20 McFadden.
3-5-PIT 32 (2:56) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to S.Holmes (B.Keisel). Batted down at line of scrimmage.
4-5-PIT 32 (2:56) (Punt formation) S.Weatherford punts 29 yards to PIT 3, Center-T.Purdum, downed by NYJ-M.Cole.

We stopped the Jets from scoring more points. Leblow?

1-10-PIT 3 (2:45) (Shotgun) M.Moore right tackle tackled in End Zone for -3 yards, SAFETY (J.Taylor

Ah the genius of Bruce Arians truely shines here. :doh:

1-10-NYJ 33 (2:36) #75 Turner reports as eligible receiver. S.Greene right guard to NYJ 35 for 2 yards (J.Harrison, B.Keisel).
Timeout #1 by PIT at 02:30.
2-8-NYJ 35 (2:30) #75 Turner reports as eligible receiver. S.Greene right end to NYJ 40 for 5 yards (J.Farrior; R.Mundy).
Timeout #2 by PIT at 02:24.
3-3-NYJ 40 (2:24) (Shotgun) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to D.Keller (R.Mundy).
4-3-NYJ 40 (2:13) S.Weatherford punts 52 yards to PIT 8, Center-T.Purdum, downed by NYJ-E.Cook

Let's see it took 23 seconds for us to get the ball back. Leblow?

SteelCityMom
12-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Lets see

1-10-PIT 37 (3:43) #75 Turner reports as eligible receiver. S.Greene left tackle to PIT 32 for 5 yards (R.Clark, L.Timmons).
2-5-PIT 32 (2:59) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to B.Edwards. Coverage by #20 McFadden.
3-5-PIT 32 (2:56) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to S.Holmes (B.Keisel). Batted down at line of scrimmage.
4-5-PIT 32 (2:56) (Punt formation) S.Weatherford punts 29 yards to PIT 3, Center-T.Purdum, downed by NYJ-M.Cole.

We stopped the Jets from scoring more points. Leblow?

1-10-PIT 3 (2:45) (Shotgun) M.Moore right tackle tackled in End Zone for -3 yards, SAFETY (J.Taylor

Ah the genius of Bruce Arians truely shines here. :doh:

1-10-NYJ 33 (2:36) #75 Turner reports as eligible receiver. S.Greene right guard to NYJ 35 for 2 yards (J.Harrison, B.Keisel).
Timeout #1 by PIT at 02:30.
2-8-NYJ 35 (2:30) #75 Turner reports as eligible receiver. S.Greene right end to NYJ 40 for 5 yards (J.Farrior; R.Mundy).
Timeout #2 by PIT at 02:24.
3-3-NYJ 40 (2:24) (Shotgun) M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to D.Keller (R.Mundy).
4-3-NYJ 40 (2:13) S.Weatherford punts 52 yards to PIT 8, Center-T.Purdum, downed by NYJ-E.Cook

Let's see it took 23 seconds for us to get the ball back. Leblow?

Shh...he sucks! :chuckle:

dcsteel5804
12-20-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm watching the first half for the first time and wow. Spaeth is freakin horrible!!!! Can't block, can't catch, can't do anything!!

ricardisimo
12-20-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm watching the first half for the first time and wow. Spaeth is freakin horrible!!!! Can't block, can't catch, can't do anything!!
And so no one would expect that we'd accentuate him in our game plan. That's the genius of Bruce Arians, stealthy little bugger that he is.

330steelerguy
12-20-2010, 10:32 PM
My goat....Bruce almighty!

tony hipchest
12-20-2010, 10:39 PM
My goat....Bruce almighty!

6zGOhoHktJc

330steelerguy
12-20-2010, 10:58 PM
:rofl:6zGOhoHktJc

cloppbeast
12-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Give credit to the Jets players and coaching staff. They pulled out all the stops and had a great game plan.

I still like our chances. A few tricky plays by the Jets and uncharacteristic mistakes by the Steelers costs us the game. If we see them in the playoffs, I'd bet on the Steelers.

I can't help but wonder if perhaps Lebeau played opossum a little, not wanting to show his cards in case we see them in the playoffs. After all, this game was pretty much inconsequential considering all our destiny is in our hands. We shouldn't take any game for granted, I understand, but it shouldn't be too difficult to lock up a bye playing the Panthers and Browns.

I'm not saying we weren't trying to win the game, but with much more on the line, we probably weren't trying as hard as the Jets - from a game plan perspective. We were playing it safe, they were playing aggressive.

USWSteel
12-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Give credit to the Jets players and coaching staff. They pulled out all the stops and had a great game plan.

I still like our chances. A few tricky plays by the Jets and uncharacteristic mistakes by the Steelers costs us the game. If we see them in the playoffs, I'd bet on the Steelers.

I can't help but wonder if perhaps Lebeau played opossum a little, not wanting to show his cards in case we see them in the playoffs. After all, this game was pretty much inconsequential considering all our destiny is in our hands. We shouldn't take any game for granted, I understand, but it shouldn't be too difficult to lock up a bye playing the Panthers and Browns.

I'm not saying we weren't trying to win the game, but with much more on the line, we probably weren't trying as hard as the Jets - from a game plan perspective. We were playing it safe, they were playing aggressive.

Gimme a freaking break...Yeah he was playing opossum just in case we see the Jets again, for a game that may never happen. I say 100 percent NO WAY. Absolutely ridiculous.

ricardisimo
12-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Gimme a freaking break...Yeah he was playing opossum just in case we see the Jets again, for a game that may never happen. I say 100 percent NO WAY. Absolutely ridiculous.
I really don't understand that reasoning anyway. In what sport do people purposely suck in the hopes that they'll have fresh material in the post-season? What team in the NFL purposely sucks using that plan? Do the Patriots ease off the gas because they don't want people to know what their plays are? Do Manning or Brees just hand the ball off during the regular season so that people won't know how well they can pass? What sort of bizarre logic is that?

Lebeau may not have had his best game (he never seems to do so when Troy is out). But 13 points and 276 yards is not exactly the Broncos either. Someone shit the bed this game, but it wasn't Lebeau.

IowaSteeler927
12-21-2010, 01:38 AM
I agree 1000%. Ben had all day to throw today and still only musters one TD pass. The WR's were wide open today. He missed a wide open Wallace in the 1st quarter(threw it 5 yards OB) and then again on the fake spike, Ben's pass wasn't even close. We keep making all the excuses in the world for Ben's mediocre play this year ...O-line,BA and any other things you can think of. He simply isnt playing good at all. For every completion I can think of 2 passes that are to WR's shoe tops or 5 feet over there head. Alot of his completions are great catches by the receivers ( see randle el catch). I think this is where Brady and Manning are leaps and bounds above Ben, they make the players on there offense much better then they are..ie Collie, Tamme, Garcon, Woodhead, Branch, Both NE TE's Edelman and on and on and on. Both teams can plug in a player and they dont miss a beat on offense We dont have that luxury because Ben just doesnt have the same abilty to make the others around him better. Just think if our defense was average, how many game would we have won this year giving up says 25 pts per game. Not many. Ben has a 100 million $ contract....start playing like it. :tt03:

Those teams don't miss a beat on offense because they have great offensive lines which allows even mediocre receivers time to get open and the QBs time to throw the ball.

saveus1011
12-21-2010, 02:20 AM
Anyone, and I do mean anyone, saying "Ben isn't that good" needs to hand in their Terrible Towels and go be a Chargers fan. You put Charlie Batch, Dennis Dixon or Byron Leftwich in there and I GUARANTEE we don't drive down 92-yards and get a touchdown. Ben seldom wins pretty, but the guy just makes stuff happen (which is also the reason I'll put him over Manning.) If Wallace doesn't under-run that fake spike, we're talking about what a brilliant play it was and all we may not even need to drive down the field another 99-yards at the end of the game to win.

Also, I'm tired of hearing "without Troy is the reason they lost." Yes, Troy will make the difference come playoff time and no doubt he's the most important player we have. But those kids on our defense stepped it up yesterday. We held a supposed juggernaut offense to 13 points without our impact player. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason the Jets got a TD was because Sanchez made a brilliant fake.

The fact is this: we had to play the zebras AND the New York Jets yesterday, and our special teams cost us. You aren't going to score many TD's when every single drive you have to go the length of the field, and you won't win many games at all giving up a safety and a kickoff return to begin the game. I won't even mention Antonio Holdmartie or Revis' nice little jersey grab of Sanders to end the game. We all know those should have been called, but weren't.

Whatever, won't say they wanted it more because of the zebras, but they did need it more. We move on. Bring on Carolina.

tony hipchest
12-21-2010, 03:01 AM
jets arent a "juggernaut" offense.

hell, just last week they were calling mark sanchez "mark benchez".

(okay, maybe i was the only one calling him that).

saveus1011
12-21-2010, 03:03 AM
Well still, it's impressive our Troy-less D held them and kept us in the game.

SteelCityMom
12-21-2010, 03:17 AM
Yeah, I'll agree...holding any team to 13 points is always a good job on D. Doesn't really matter who the team is nowadays. If you can't beat a team after the D holds them to 13, you've got bigger issues (which we obviously do).

OX1947
12-21-2010, 03:22 AM
No goats in this game. one horrible non call on sanders cost this team a win. Everyone played hard and I thought this was Big Ben's best game since he has come back. He was making quicker reads and thowing the ball with force.

TRH
12-21-2010, 10:32 AM
The fact is this: we had to play the zebras AND the New York Jets yesterday, and our special teams cost us. You aren't going to score many TD's when every single drive you have to go the length of the field, and you won't win many games at all giving up a safety and a kickoff return to begin the game. I won't even mention Antonio Holdmartie or Revis' nice little jersey grab of Sanders to end the game. We all know those should have been called, but weren't.

Whatever, won't say they wanted it more because of the zebras, but they did need it more. We move on. Bring on Carolina.[/QUOTE]

Very well said. I agree 100%. There's been little mention of our horrible field position, also courtesy of our brilliant S/T. That was just about as devastating as the opening TD.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Its interesting how J Scott may lose his job because he missed the block on Taylor to allow a safety. But what about the idiot who called the play and the player package in? Sure if he made the block perhaps Moore gets out, but to where? The 1?

The play was one of the dummest calls with the wrong player package in that i have seen in a while. Of course Arians has had several close 2nds with stupid play calls. Maybe a buunch of ties for first too.

SH-Rock
12-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Its interesting how J Scott may lose his job because he missed the block on Taylor to allow a safety. But what about the idiot who called the play and the player package in? Sure if he made the block perhaps Moore gets out, but to where? The 1?

The play was one of the dummest calls with the wrong player package in that i have seen in a while. Of course Arians has had several close 2nds with stupid play calls. Maybe a buunch of ties for first too.

We have our weakest RB in a very crucial position. Not only does Arians stop our offense from scoring points, but also allowing points on our offense. It takes a true "genius" for that. Hats off to you mister Arians. :hatsoff:

SoCalFan
12-21-2010, 02:00 PM
No goats in this game. one horrible non call on sanders cost this team a win. Everyone played hard and I thought this was Big Ben's best game since he has come back. He was making quicker reads and thowing the ball with force.

My thoughts as well...

Lord of Lombardi
12-22-2010, 12:07 AM

I blamed more than Leblow in my rant. And you'd still be reading if I cited every flaw that we brought to the Jets game. It was a COMPLETE team loss. Take a look at every rant on this board and you can't deny anyone for the truth they speak on why we lost. There isn't a phase of our game that didn't suck this past Sunday. Yes, even the Defense. Apparently 13 points was too much. Too much when your ST suck. Have you been following the JETS this past month? Their O sucks so it was not too much to ask for more. Points on ST count against your D #'s as if it was a 95 yard drive, you still have to tackle, you still have to keep them out of your end zone and we clearly didn't. It was the Defense that allowed one of the worst WR's this year to catch what, 9 passes-B. Edwards and a personal record (another Arians type dope from Cleveland) And it was our defense that made Sancheezewhiz leave the field a winner. How we don't throw the farm at him is beyond my comprehension of professional Football. He has no pocket presence. He is Manning early on in his career, Mr. happy feet. Take a look at his stats against out type of hard nosed D. He sucks. He didn't suck Sunday. We didn't make him suck.

And my comparison against NE was completey relevant because I was referring to "the approach" Tell me what we did differently regarding our game plan. We didn't pressure Brady and he tore us up. We didn't pressure Sanchez and he beat us. Again, another spoke in the wheel of being outcoached. And it had nothign to do with RexRoid Ryan, Leblow outcoached himself. He seems to do that a lot against the better teams. I'd rather blitz and lose than not blitz and have our Mcfools burned again. Hey Lebeau.....Our DB's can't cover a melting snowman. At least we can rattle the young inexperienced QB's. Or so I thought we could. We get another chance against the Panthers so we'll see. I am starting to realize that Arizona knew what they were doing when they released Mcfaddong. Not that they improved their team. We're still in control, the sky is not falling but it looks like rain ahead.

tony hipchest
12-22-2010, 02:17 AM
I blamed more than Leblow in my rant. And you'd still be reading if I cited every flaw that we brought to the Jets game. It was a COMPLETE team loss. Take a look at every rant on this board and you can't deny anyone for the truth they speak on why we lost. There isn't a phase of our game that didn't suck this past Sunday. Yes, even the Defense. Apparently 13 points was too much. Too much when your ST suck. Have you been following the JETS this past month? Their O sucks so it was not too much to ask for more. Points on ST count against your D #'s as if it was a 95 yard drive, you still have to tackle, you still have to keep them out of your end zone and we clearly didn't. It was the Defense that allowed one of the worst WR's this year to catch what, 9 passes-B. Edwards and a personal record (another Arians type dope from Cleveland) And it was our defense that made Sancheezewhiz leave the field a winner. How we don't throw the farm at him is beyond my comprehension of professional Football. He has no pocket presence. He is Manning early on in his career, Mr. happy feet. Take a look at his stats against out type of hard nosed D. He sucks. He didn't suck Sunday. We didn't make him suck.

And my comparison against NE was completey relevant because I was referring to "the approach" Tell me what we did differently regarding our game plan. We didn't pressure Brady and he tore us up. We didn't pressure Sanchez and he beat us. Again, another spoke in the wheel of being outcoached. And it had nothign to do with RexRoid Ryan, Leblow outcoached himself. He seems to do that a lot against the better teams. I'd rather blitz and lose than not blitz and have our Mcfools burned again. Hey Lebeau.....Our DB's can't cover a melting snowman. At least we can rattle the young inexperienced QB's. Or so I thought we could. We get another chance against the Panthers so we'll see. I am starting to realize that Arizona knew what they were doing when they released Mcfaddong. Not that they improved their team. We're still in control, the sky is not falling but it looks like rain ahead.

so what youre saying is that if the steelers simply did their job, (and every other team that the sanchezwhiz&crackers and brown reject jets have played) they would be 0-14 at this point?

theoretically, if every team does their job, every team in the league will be 0-16?

how does that work? does simple math even support that?

there are no style points in winning, let alone losing so who cares if you do it blitzing or not?

i agree that it sucks we lost to the jets. it sucked when we lost to clemens several years back, just like it sucked losing to the 5 scrub teams we lost to last year.

what didnt suck was winning it all in 2005 and 2008.

i guess its all about perspective. :noidea:

:tt04:

Lord of Lombardi
12-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Just so you realize, you just compared us to every other team in the league. My logic was that we are not like every other team. Or like every other Kool-Aid drinker.

stiller39
12-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Nice balanced offensive game plan with running and passing. Memo goes for lots of yards with someone even just getting in taylors way. If any one of the last two passes are caught... we win. Go stillers. Lets win the last two and rest BB and those walking wounded. I like our chances.

ricardisimo
12-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Nice balanced offensive game plan with running and passing. Memo goes for lots of yards with someone even just getting in taylors way. If any one of the last two passes are caught... we win. Go stillers. Lets win the last two and rest BB and those walking wounded. I like our chances.
Balanced? Really? You might want to go over the game stats again.

TRH
12-22-2010, 02:55 PM

What about the pass to Brown? Oh yeah, there was no pass interference called after he almost got pushed down...
We should have been running it in from the 1 yard line.