PDA

View Full Version : Expect no respect for a while

ETL
12-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Even if we beat panthers and browns and get a first round bye, expect nobody to take us seriously. I wish the offense would play with the same urgency that they play in the last drive for the whole game.

SH-Rock
12-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Good
we'll be the underdogs and thats how we win our SBs with Ben

SteelCityMom
12-19-2010, 07:21 PM
That's ok...nobody took them seriously in '08 or '05 either.

JCPsteelers
12-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Do we deserve any? Its not like we have been playing all that great. Its up and down with this team. Lot of inconsistent play.

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2010, 07:26 PM

I don't see that backbone, resolve and good fortune we had in those years. In addition, were having BIG problems with officiating this year NOT in our favor. I'm not saying it is'ent possible, but I would be "surprised" if we made it to the AFC Championship game...

ETL
12-19-2010, 08:16 PM
I know it doesn't mean anything but I kinda enjoy the good things they say about the Steelers on TV and radio. I watch and listen to sports programing most of the time and it's just hard hearing crap about the Steelers. Again, I know I shouldn't care but I do

I guess I have to pull out my Lord of the Rings DVDs to watch over and over again as I can't watch ESPN for a while.

truesteelerfan
12-19-2010, 08:25 PM
No respect...Who us? Since when have anyone in the national media given us any respect? I love the idea of our team rallying around each other...knowing its us against the other team, the refs, King Goodell, and if we go down, we go down fighting.

Chadmagic
12-19-2010, 08:49 PM
I think we get lots of respect. but we choose to focus on the negative. And quite frankly, we aren't playing that well on offense and thats what grabs headlines. Our D is playing lights out and I am proud of that. But it doesn't make the news.

Our Oline showed a spark today though and did really well. We only gave up 2 sacks and they picked up the blitz all day. Kudos to them. I hope they continue the upward trend.

ZoneBlitzer
12-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I don't really care for the respect factor and honestly, I don't think they deserve it. They haven't done anything yet until come playoff time. That's where respect is earned. The offense is the Achilles heel of this team. They almost carried the load today but fell short of delivering.

jizzballz
12-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Good
we'll be the underdogs and thats how we win our SBs with Ben

lol and yeah we didnt face the colts that year, with our porus secondary (and in 2005 we had a fine secondary)

plenewken
12-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I wrote 6 weeks ago that we'll finish either 11-5 or 12-4 so I'm not surprised by the loss today. We didn't play good enough to win today and we should have lost in Buffalo too so we're not unlucky to be 10-4 tonight.
As for respect, I don't think it's a big factor in football and if it is, it's earned, not given.

tanda10506
12-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Honestly, I couldn't care less if the media and opposing fans have "respect" for us, who are they? The only people a care about having respect for us is the opposing team.

OX1947
12-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Steelers win out, they win the #2 seed. They need to get healthy to have any chance against the Pats. I only worry about the Pats, however, I really think they are due...

fer522
12-20-2010, 04:09 PM

i don't think our offense was this bad in '05 and '08 :wave:

kirklandrules
12-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Steelers win out, they win the #2 seed. They need to get healthy to have any chance against the Pats. I only worry about the Pats, however, I really think they are due...

Totally agree here. If the Steelers had played the Pats yesterday, they would have had a repeat of the first game ... blowout loss at home. Our D gave up only 13 points because the Jets offense is only about 1/3 as good as the Pats offense. On the Steelers offensive side, getting only 17 points at home against a defense that played 2nd string safeties does not bode well going forward. The respect will come when it is earned.

kirklandrules
12-20-2010, 05:08 PM
i don't think our offense was this bad in '05 and '08 :wave:

It was in '08. The D-fence got them to the SB that year with top ratings in almost every category. Ben becoming superman on the last drive in the SB doesn't equate to having a good offense. Remember how Ben was sacked a billion times against the Giants and the Eagles that year and they couldn't run to save their lives?

fer522
12-21-2010, 09:49 PM
It was in '08. The D-fence got them to the SB that year with top ratings in almost every category. Ben becoming superman on the last drive in the SB doesn't equate to having a good offense. Remember how Ben was sacked a billion times against the Giants and the Eagles that year and they couldn't run to save their lives?

yeah you are right i had forgotten about that :doh:

USWSteel
12-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Even if we beat panthers and browns and get a first round bye, expect nobody to take us seriously. I wish the offense would play with the same urgency that they play in the last drive for the whole game.

We dont deserve it. We squeaked by some of the worst teams in the league and lose to the top ones. All year same story if we dont blow the Panthers of the field by 30 you might as well forget about a playoff win.

saveus1011
12-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Ok, in 2008 OUR SUPER BOWL YEAR we lost to Philly, Indy, Tennessee, and the Giants. Guess what? ALL WERE BLEEPING PLAYOFF TEAMS!

In 2010, we lose to New Orleans, Baltimore, Jets, and New England. Guess what? ALL ARE FLIPPING PLAYOFF TEAMS!

Ok, we have four QUALITY losses (three of which shouldn't be.) Get over it. It happens.

USWSteel
12-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Ok, in 2008 OUR SUPER BOWL YEAR we lost to Philly, Indy, Tennessee, and the Giants. Guess what? ALL WERE BLEEPING PLAYOFF TEAMS!

In 2010, we lose to New Orleans, Baltimore, Jets, and New England. Guess what? ALL ARE FLIPPING PLAYOFF TEAMS!

Ok, we have four QUALITY losses (three of which shouldn't be.) Get over it. It happens.

We'll see how this season ends,time will tell.

UF-Steeler
12-22-2010, 08:58 AM
We'll see how this season ends,time will tell.

I love how some people just create an account to post negative bs after a loss.

Anyway, respect from the media doesn't mean anything. Majority of the people in the media aren't going to show the Steelers respect, they never have.