PDA

View Full Version : O- Line played well today

steelerchad
12-19-2010, 06:39 PM
100 yard rusher with Mendy and I think only 2 sacks of Ben. Neither sack was a free rush. Of course the safety was their fault. For as beat up as the line was, I think they played pretty well. The Jets D is pretty good and they held their own today.

pete74
12-19-2010, 06:40 PM
i think they played awesome but Ben looked mediocre. as for the saftey, if your going to run from the endzone why not give it to the runner averaging over 5 yards a carry. personally i would of thrown

Raw Steel
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Three sacks, but honestly they were all on Ben. He had time on two and didn't read the other when Ben didn't pick up the blitzter. This line gets a lot of crap, but that was one of their better games of the season.

MasterOfPuppets
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
actually they did. pass protection was solid , picked up blitzes nice except that one play... good run blocking. i'd give em a B+ :noidea:

dcsteel5804
12-19-2010, 06:42 PM
I agree that for the most part, the o-line looked pretty solid. The problem is that I know that can't play that way game in and game out. There's a good chance they'll suck this coming thursday

Rick5895
12-19-2010, 06:49 PM
100 yard rusher with Mendy and I think only 2 sacks of Ben. Neither sack was a free rush. Of course the safety was their fault. For as beat up as the line was, I think they played pretty well. The Jets D is pretty good and they held their own today.

The safety IMO was not on the OL. Kemo was pulling to lead the RB. The play call was horrendous and with our slowest RB. Had Mendy been there it would have been a 5 or 6 yard gain.

wootawnee
12-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Maybe they finally grew together this week.....

theplatypus
12-19-2010, 07:01 PM
The safety IMO was not on the OL. Kemo was pulling to lead the RB. The play call was horrendous and with our slowest RB. Had Mendy been there it would have been a 5 or 6 yard gain.

I'll have to go back and look, but I'm betting that Scott was supposed to chip Taylor and whiffed.

Fire Arians
12-19-2010, 07:02 PM

which is why arians is to blame 100%

theplatypus
12-19-2010, 07:05 PM
which is why arians is to blame 100%

I guess Arians is too blame for Ben's two fumbles as well.

Fire Arians
12-19-2010, 07:07 PM
I guess Arians is too blame for Ben's two fumbles as well.

i'm talking about that draw play that was called. as for ben you always gotta take the bad with the good

TRH
12-19-2010, 07:07 PM
They looked surprisingly good today. The big killer though was that 'un-necessary roughness' call. Was that on Flozell or Scott? That might've lost the game for us as well.

tanda10506
12-19-2010, 11:38 PM
I was pretty impressed with the offense this game. 2 90+ yard touchdown drives and really a game winning 90 yard drive. If Sanders wouldn't have been ridiculously held on one of the last plays of the game where he had beat his guy and was streaking into the endzone they would have won, he would have been open. Even when they didn't score they moved the ball well and ran pretty good too. For the first time this year, I have to say the O line did good. They gave Ben good time and when he did get sacked he had had the ball for a while. I'm not saying Ben hangs on to it too long, I'm just saying he had it for a while. Unfortunately, they could have done better on the last drive. Pretty good all around game from the O line though. And I was going to say Arians called a decent game until I saw the draw play, then I hated him again. The only complaint I have about the offense this game is about Spaeth. Horrible. But Miller should be back and that would have made a huge difference this game.

figg
12-19-2010, 11:43 PM
I agree :drink:

eafratitpm3
12-19-2010, 11:51 PM
I was pretty impressed with the offense this game. 2 90+ yard touchdown drives and really a game winning 90 yard drive. If Sanders wouldn't have been ridiculously held on one of the last plays of the game where he had beat his guy and was streaking into the endzone they would have won, he would have been open. Even when they didn't score they moved the ball well and ran pretty good too. For the first time this year, I have to say the O line did good. They gave Ben good time and when he did get sacked he had had the ball for a while. I'm not saying Ben hangs on to it too long, I'm just saying he had it for a while. Unfortunately, they could have done better on the last drive. Pretty good all around game from the O line though. And I was going to say Arians called a decent game until I saw the draw play, then I hated him again. The only complaint I have about the offense this game is about Spaeth. Horrible. But Miller should be back and that would have made a huge difference this game.

All points are valid but those points don't win us a playoff game.

ZoneBlitzer
12-20-2010, 12:09 AM
I would've like to have seen a little more fight from Sanders on the final play of the game. The rookie just stood there staring at Ben. He's got to learn to shake his man and move. The O had a better day out of moving the ball but still struggled to put up points.

Rick5895
12-20-2010, 04:42 AM
The offense moved the ball, 17 points is not enough to win when you play without your best defensive player. When we were without Ben, the D was lights out, we needed this O to step up and put points on the board and they didn't THE OFFENSE FAILED TODAY. But when that happens everybody rips the D for losing the game. Even our defensive players blamed themselves. Is it too much to ask for the Offense to actuaslly score 24 or more points in a game??!!

USWSteel
12-20-2010, 06:07 AM
This offense is bad. We are going no where if they continue to under play small ball the rest of the year.

tanda10506
12-20-2010, 01:09 PM
All points are valid but those points don't win us a playoff game.

I understand what you are saying. But the Jets are a playoff team and if we didn't get raped by the refs we would have won, without Polamalu, Miller, Smith, and a few O linemen which will all hopefully be back for the playoffs. The obvious pass interference on the last drive in the endzone is what kept us from winning.

StainlessStill
12-20-2010, 01:27 PM
i think they played awesome but Ben looked mediocre. as for the saftey, if your going to run from the endzone why not give it to the runner averaging over 5 yards a carry. personally i would of thrown

Offensive line played like an entire different team but I disagree with Ben. I thought he stood up in there and was in a great rhythm. He played a great game, esp on the long 90+ yard drives, BOTH times. Ben is a stud and he played better than I initially thought yesterday. Good job by the o-line to keep him clean for the most part against a fury rush.

steelerdave1969
12-20-2010, 01:57 PM
I agree that for the most part, the o-line looked pretty solid. The problem is that I know that can't play that way game in and game out. There's a good chance they'll suck this coming thursday

You just keep thinking that way DC . . These guys played well yesterday and I am solidly convinced that Chris Keomeatu is way overrated at LG. He is ok . . but misses alot of assignments. Of course thats easy to say when I am sitting at home watching the games. . . I would give them a Solid B for sure.

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Ed.B. of the P-G reports Scott blowing his block on the run that resulted in a safety may cost him his job - now Essex steps up at LT

Rotorhead
12-20-2010, 03:08 PM
I think I agree with most of the posts here, BA called an OK game except for the draw out of the endzone. OL played well, however I dont think the Jets blitzed all that much. The game went well overall, if Heath is in there we win at the end because he can CATCH. I am losing all confidence in Spaeth. Sanders is getting better every game so that is a big plus. I thought our Def played pretty well, but we didnt really blitz like the last couple games, not sure why that was as rattling Sanchez would have been very helpful. Maybe it has to do with the lack of confidence when Troy is not in there. It is unfortunate the refs cant call an even game, the 2 big penalties against us hurt bad, but the no-calls hurt worse. Have to give credit to the Jets punter . . . he killed us and was the biggest difference in this game. The Jets off coord called a great game and we wiffed on a couple big plays on def (Sanchez's rushing TD), I think Troy in there would have negated that too . . . At least we still control our own destiny. We have a short week and a crappy team (thank god) then a nice long week to prep for the Browns.

kirklandrules
12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Ed.B. of the P-G reports Scott blowing his block on the run that resulted in a safety may cost him his job - now Essex steps up at LT

That's Ed's little way of saying Arians sux.

But in all seriousness, that call was horrible. There is no way for Scott to "chip" Taylor when Taylor lined up inside him and shot the inside gap hard. Anyways, running a draw out of your own endzone is a bad call at every level of football.

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2010, 03:40 PM
That's Ed's little way of saying Arians sux.

But in all seriousness, that call was horrible. There is no way for Scott to "chip" Taylor when Taylor lined up inside him and shot the inside gap hard. Anyways, running a draw out of your own endzone is a bad call at every level of football.

Or Bouchette's source on Scott losing his job for blowing the block is Blame Someone Else Bruce once again claiming the call was brilliant but the players screwed it up

btaylor179
12-20-2010, 03:56 PM
arians play calling does suck! its too vanilla...