PDA

View Full Version : To the Jets fans that visited (and lurked)

SteelCityMom
12-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks for stopping by and congrats on the win. I was impressed with some of the plays those guys made today.

Good luck in your last two games...they're important ones for both teams for sure!

Maybe see you in the playoffs...till then, good luck!

Fire Arians
12-19-2010, 06:45 PM
i'll congratulate them on their win, but let's be real, the better team lost today. the jets did nothing that impressed me.

we lost this game much more so than they won it.

MasterOfPuppets
12-19-2010, 06:46 PM
you know their ass's were puckered at the end...:chuckle:

Corey_J
12-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Refs missed 3 Pass interferance penalties just on M Wallace ! Revis island was filled with yellow also , but werent called. Good win for sure, but they had some help ! That Personal foul (helmet to helmet) call against clark was BS too.

SteelCityMom
12-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey, no excuses from me. Steelers had plenty of opportunity to close the game out and didn't.

Were there some missed call? Sure, but that's every week. Can't start pointing at those now like they cost the game.

Jets made some really good plays when they needed to, and the Steelers slacked a bit when they shouldn't have simple as that. We can debate all day long about who the better team over the whole season and overall is...but tonight, the better team was the Jets. So I'll regrettably say, with a mouth full of crow, good game today.

Hope we see you in the playoffs and kick your asses. :chuckle:

SH-Rock
12-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Refs missed 3 Pass interferance penalties just on M Wallace ! Revis island was filled with yellow also , but werent called. Good win for sure, but they had some help ! That Personal foul (helmet to helmet) call against clark was BS too.

4 PI
you missed the last one with Sanders

casteeler
12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Great play call having a draw out of the endzone! A couple of drops by Speath but the best was the absolutely blatant pass interferences that Goodelles goon squad looked the other way on. Our offense played very well but if your being held,pushed, pulled and ridden like a horse on your pass route it won't be too productive of a day. Hey Rooneys, how bout looking into this garbage happening EVERY game!!! Our games are getting harder and harder to watch

IowaSteeler927
12-19-2010, 07:21 PM
The Jets escaped with a win that they didn't completely earn. That just my honest opinion. Cromartie showed how truly mediocre he is. Four separate times I saw him hold onto receivers and only once did he ever get called for it and the one the call did get made on wasn't one of two in which he negated sure touchdowns by grabbing handfuls of player's jerseys.

The Jets should have lost this game hands down, no questions asked. Rex Ryan is probably mailing out his thank you cards right about now to the officials. I have to say I was pretty disgusted with the officiating in this game. Non-calls on blatant pass interference plays, the bs personal foul on Ryan Clark, and the two situations where they couldn't seem to get the down and ball placement correct and gave the Jets a nice break in situations where their defense was starting to get gassed.

SteelCityRules
12-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Congrats on the win! Good luck, but not too much! ;)

I try not to complain too much about calls, or non calls, but it's tough to week in & week out. I guess I should be used to it. I'd just like to see one game called, okay, better, not perfect, just better. lol However, I don't think either team played that great today. But, that is JMHO.

Chadmagic
12-19-2010, 07:32 PM
the Jets won because their special teams made a play. That was the difference maker. That lone play to start the game is what cost us.

mikegrimey
12-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Lot of crying, ref blaming, and general excuse making going on in here. How sad.

JiF
12-19-2010, 07:45 PM
I love you all.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Hopefully we dont see you in the playoffs. Folk kinda reminds me of Doug Brien.

<3 the smell of the Steel City

casteeler
12-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Lot of crying, ref blaming, and general excuse making going on in here. How sad.

Take the high road and look the other way just like the refs

IowaSteeler927
12-19-2010, 07:57 PM

I don't think I would call it crying, blaming, or general excuse making. The facts are that I saw with my own two eyes Antonio Cromartie holding Mike Wallace on three separate plays. One of those plays would have gone for a touchdown but Cromartie held the back of his jersey and didn't get called for it. The killer though was the hold on the final drive where Emmanuel Sanders had 2-3 steps on Cromartie and Cromartie grabbed his jersey blatantly slowing Sanders down enough that he couldn't make the play and thus costing us a sure Touchdown that would have been the game winner and still no pass interference or holding penalty was called.

Whining and crying are one thing. If you don't believe what I am telling you watch the game again and pay close attention to Antonio Cromartie.

casteeler
12-19-2010, 08:01 PM
^^ that goodness someone else saw what I saw,flat out pass interference

TRH
12-19-2010, 08:05 PM

Even looking at this game objectively, i don't think anyone can say the refs did a fair job out there today. They were quick to throw flags on the Pittsburgh side...but there were NUMEROUS, obvious, pass interference calls that were not called on the other side, even so obvious that the usually sport apologist, Phil Simms and co. called them out while announcing.
So to say people are "ref-blaming" when the striped guys are calling on one team, but not calling on the other is not right.
I don't have a problem being called for penalties.....but i do have a problem when they're not calling them on the other side. And we're not talking "one" penalty that got away....we're talking FOUR obvious ones that weren't even close calls...and NONE called. Wow.
Here's exactly the way it went down today without dispute.....Jets and Refs 22 - Steelers and they're lousy special teams 17

Hirsch
12-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Even looking at this game objectively, i don't think anyone can say the refs did a fair job out there today. They were quick to throw flags on the Pittsburgh side...but there were NUMEROUS, obvious, pass interference calls that were not called on the other side, even so obvious that the usually sport apologist, Phil Simms and co. called them out while announcing.
So to say people are "ref-blaming" when the striped guys are calling on one team, but not calling on the other is not right.
I don't have a problem being called for penalties.....but i do have a problem when they're not calling them on the other side. And we're not talking "one" penalty that got away....we're talking FOUR obvious ones that weren't even close calls...and NONE called. Wow.
Here's exactly the way it went down today without dispute.....Jets and Refs 22 - Steelers and they're lousy special teams 17

AMEN BROTHER:banging:

steelax04
12-19-2010, 10:49 PM

How's this for crying... how does Mendy get a first down when he only gained 9 yards? And that's for a HORRIBLE call that went the Steelers way.

THREE flags that were picked up after they were thrown? Even the commentators were wondering if the flags were simply falling out onto the ground.

Fact is, the NFL officiating has been awful this year.

StainlessStill
12-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Thanks for stopping by and congrats on the win. I was impressed with some of the plays those guys made today.

Good luck in your last two games...they're important ones for both teams for sure!

Maybe see you in the playoffs...till then, good luck!

I'm crossing my fingers to see the Jets again. They are simply NOT that good and today we were victim of the better team getting beat in different ways that flow in a football game. We out gained them in time of possession, went 11-17 on third downs, as well as getting over 100 more total yards than them. I'd be glad to see the Jets again, we'd own them in a playoff round.

tanda10506
12-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Hey, no excuses from me. Steelers had plenty of opportunity to close the game out and didn't.

I agree to a point, at some point you have to just make it happen. But on the other hand you can't really win a game a bunch of times. The holding/pass interference non call on the final drive, where I believe it was Sanders who beat his man, was a huge let down. That would have one the game. You have to look at it like that too, the Steelers won the game there, the Jets held a receiver to prevent it from happening, and the refs sealed the deal. Now how many more times can they do that? I think the Steelers would struggle with the Panthers as long as the refs are with them. It's really hard to beat a team on a play in a competitive league like this and then have to beat them again because some old man wearing a zebra costume got his orders from the commisioner that morning. It's hard to say, sometimes I think the exact same way as you have stated, other times I see how the game was won and was taken away.

SteelCityMom
12-20-2010, 08:29 AM
I agree to a point, at some point you have to just make it happen. But on the other hand you can't really win a game a bunch of times. The holding/pass interference non call on the final drive, where I believe it was Sanders who beat his man, was a huge let down. That would have one the game. You have to look at it like that too, the Steelers won the game there, the Jets held a receiver to prevent it from happening, and the refs sealed the deal. Now how many more times can they do that? I think the Steelers would struggle with the Panthers as long as the refs are with them. It's really hard to beat a team on a play in a competitive league like this and then have to beat them again because some old man wearing a zebra costume got his orders from the commisioner that morning. It's hard to say, sometimes I think the exact same way as you have stated, other times I see how the game was won and was taken away.

I agree that the refs suck...but there were bad calls and non-calls that went both ways. IMO some Steelers drives were kept alive because of so-so/bad calls. I just think they sucked equally, so there's no way I can put the blame on them for the game.

For years, we've had to listen to team after team complain that the refs are always in our favor and that the league is against them....and all that time people here would say "a bad call or two doesn't determine the game". So I can't in good faith twist words I've used in the past (that I truly believed) and use the refs as an excuse now.

SteelCityMom
12-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Ok...you may think I'm a bitch, but we've got enough ref discussion going around on this board to last me a lifetime. Enough is enough.

Just say good game and move on people.

plenewken
12-20-2010, 11:10 AM
When I see the Steelers' offense play strong from the first minute to the last, I'll change my opinion. They did absolutely NOTHING in the first quarter, like in most of the games this year.

A couple flags could have been thrown but overall, we didn't deserve to beat the Jets. No way!

We played poorly and stole the victory in Buffalo, we played crappy offensively and won against Cincy and we struggled offensively and won against Baltimore.

Our 3-1 record for the last 4 games is very lucky, let's be honest.

PineappleJetsFan
12-20-2010, 11:31 AM
As a Slippery Rock alum and a lover of all thing Western Pa, great game and hope to see you in the playoffs.