PDA

View Full Version : Williams' NFL future on the line

Steelersfan
04-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Just when you thought he may have turned his life around. Oh well, at least he didn't get caught for the same thing again. Wonder what the so called "herb" was.....:dang:

The football future of Miami Dolphins tailback Ricky Williams, both short- and long-term, could be on the line Monday, as the NFL convenes a hearing to consider the appeal of the erstwhile runner to allegations that he again violated the league's substance abuse policy.

The hearing will be held in New York and, unless Williams is successful in his appeal, he faces a year-long exile from the league. According to reports, Williams tested positive, likely in December toward the end of the 2005 season, to a substance banned by the league.

In at least three other violations, Williams tested positive for marijuana. Several sources have claimed that the substance in the latest positive test was not marijuana. There have been suggestions that Williams will contend in his appeal that he ingested an herb which registered a red flag. Williams has been a student of holistic medicine for the past two years and the use of herbs is substantial in that practice

BlackNGold203
04-09-2006, 01:31 PM
why dont i feel bad?

he's an idiot..albeit a talented one...

tony hipchest
04-09-2006, 01:37 PM
. Wonder what the so called "herb" was.....:dang: and did he eat it in the form of brownies?

SteelCityMan786
04-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Just when you thought he may have turned his life around. Oh well, at least he didn't get caught for the same thing again. Wonder what the so called "herb" was.....:dang:

I believe the herb was weed, with some cocaine on the side.:rofl:

SteelerzGirl
04-09-2006, 05:43 PM
What a waste! :sofunny:

Justin Otstott
04-09-2006, 07:04 PM
This guy is a reatard!!!! I just don't understand him, what is lose in his head...guy keeps doing dumb stuff and he had a huge chance of being a legend...well thats what I think. Now he will be known as a drug addict.

83-Steelers-43
04-09-2006, 11:25 PM
This guy is a reatard!!!! I just don't understand him, what is lose in his head...guy keeps doing dumb stuff and he had a huge chance of being a legend...well thats what I think. Now he will be known as a drug addict.

And to think a few felt we should have picked him up. :rolleyes: :dang:

MasterOfPuppets
04-10-2006, 12:08 AM
i think its BS ,that the burnout is even getting a hearing.the nfl should have a no tolerance policy,which means you get caught once,your out for good. hey if i came out positive on a test,i don't get a hearing....i get my walking papers!!! these bums should get the same treatment.

Suitanim
04-10-2006, 09:38 AM
And to think a few felt we should have picked him up. :rolleyes: :dang:

Yup. For those who wanted Ricky Williams, raise your hands. You need to put on the dunce hat an go sit in the corner.

tony hipchest
04-10-2006, 10:36 AM
i remember in midseason when there was a little uneasiness about whether willie could get the job done and our lack of a stretch the field wr, playing devils advocate i suggested we could easilly add t.o. AND r.w. this wasnt received to well, however winning the sb proved the sky wasnt falling after all.

so ill take credit for starting a thread but the point was, theres more than one way to skin a cat and steelers do it the right way.

even today, while a grand slam hitting wr or rb would be nice, i still dont think its our most desperate need.

83-Steelers-43
04-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Does anyone on here actually think he will get a one year suspension?

I'm going with "no".

MichiSteeler
04-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Its really too bad.. He has a LOT of talent... too bad he decided to waste it:rolleyes: ..

CantStop85
04-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Does anyone on here actually think he will get a one year suspension?

I'm going with "no".
If he does get a one year suspension, it might as well be a lifetime expulsion.

83-Steelers-43
04-10-2006, 09:15 PM
If he does get a one year suspension, it might as well be a lifetime expulsion.

So.........was that a yes or no?

DiggetyDank
04-11-2006, 02:00 AM
I hope he beats this - I really doubt that he'd do something this stupid on purpose. On 60 minutes, he seemed like genuinely nice, peaceful, smart guy. It's not like he's some crack head like LT or a criminal like Maurice Clarett.

Also, regardless of his reasons for coming back, he was a solid contributor and I daresay the Fins wouldn't have been 9-7 without him. I'd love to see him pounding out tough yards for the Steelers.

DIESELMAN
04-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Jill Martin, of CBS4.com, reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams tested positive for an amphetamine substance. Martin reports it's from a herbal medicine that Williams has been taking. If the positive test is upheld, it would be Williams' fourth violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy, meaning at least a one-year suspension from the NFL.

MasterOfPuppets
04-11-2006, 02:59 AM
I hope he beats this - I really doubt that he'd do something this stupid on purpose.
news flash!!!!!......this will be his fouth time for something this stupid!!!

On 60 minutes, he seemed like genuinely nice, peaceful, smart guy. It's not like he's some crack head like LT or a criminal like Maurice Clarett.

he was freakin stoned!!! thats why he seemed so peaceful.....and in case you don't know it marijuana is just as illegal as crack.

Also, regardless of his reasons for coming back, he was a solid contributor and I daresay the Fins wouldn't have been 9-7 without him. I'd love to see him pounding out tough yards for the Steelers.

yeah well.....you seen how long bam morris was in the black-n-gold.....:rolleyes:

DiggetyDank
04-11-2006, 04:40 AM
Whatever.......I wasn't expecting any agreement on this issue.

He contributed to his team and I think he's a good runner.

Comparing him to Bam Morris is a bit inaccurate. Bam Morris was a drug dealer and served serious time. We don't even know all the facts yet. I doubt he will have to serve the year suspension, as it was most likely a false positive.

If you seriously think pot is as bad as crack, I don't know what to tell you. They are both illegal, however. I would rather have a pothead on my team than one of the many NFL players that get caught driving drunk - that's just my opinion.

Suitanim
04-11-2006, 08:50 AM
I'd love to see him pounding out tough yards for the Steelers.

Yikes! If you let one guy get away with something like this, it sets a terrible precedent for all the rest of the league. The NFL has rules, and the players have to abide by them for the few short years they are in the league...it's really not to much to ask if you think about it...

Besides, as far as "grinding out tough yards", I think the dope is starting to take it's toll. I can't remember which guy it was, but I saw Ricky Williams get absolutely bitch slapped last year by one of the Pats smaller DB's...I mean, he was just flattened out, looked like he hit a brick wall.

No thanks.

Livinginthe past
04-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Yikes! If you let one guy get away with something like this, it sets a terrible precedent for all the rest of the league. The NFL has rules, and the players have to abide by them for the few short years they are in the league...it's really not to much to ask if you think about it...

Besides, as far as "grinding out tough yards", I think the dope is starting to take it's toll. I can't remember which guy it was, but I saw Ricky Williams get absolutely bitch slapped last year by one of the Pats smaller DB's...I mean, he was just flattened out, looked like he hit a brick wall.

No thanks.

Eugene Wilson.

NM

MasterOfPuppets
04-11-2006, 03:46 PM

Comparing him to Bam Morris is a bit inaccurate. Bam Morris was a drug dealer and served serious time. We don't even know all the facts yet. I doubt he will have to serve the year suspension, as it was most likely a false positive.
i wasn't comparing them....i used bam as an example of how the steelers deal with players that have off field issues. bam was given a second chance by the court (probation),but not by the steelers.

If you seriously think pot is as bad as crack, I don't know what to tell you. They are both illegal, however. I would rather have a pothead on my team than one of the many NFL players that get caught driving drunk - that's just my opinion.
where did i say pot,was as bad as crack??? here is what i said...
.....and in case you don't know it marijuana is just as illegal as crack.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-11-2006, 04:47 PM

Driving under the infuelce of weed is just as bad if not at times WORSE than driving under the infulence of alcohol.It's been proven,weedheads just don't want to admit it.Weed slows thought and reaction time,just like alcohol does.