PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Clinched Playoffs

Raw Steel
12-19-2010, 08:09 PM
From the locker room via Steelers postgame show with Bendel.:applaudit:

SteelCityMom
12-19-2010, 08:11 PM
That's good...I was pretty sure even in the event that they somehow dropped the two remaining games that they would still be assured a playoff spot.

fortmemphis
12-19-2010, 08:15 PM
From the locker room via Steelers postgame show with Bendel.:applaudit:

oh so its official??? We are definitely IN?

Raw Steel
12-19-2010, 08:22 PM
oh so its official??? We are definitely IN?

That's what they said. Magic number is 2 to win the division.

steelerchad
12-19-2010, 08:29 PM
That's what they said. Magic number is 2 to win the division.

That's it. If we get 2 wins or 2 Ravens losses or 1 of each we will be the division Champs. We will be the 2 seed as long as we win the division at 11-5 or better.

Chadmagic
12-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Well I was worried that we might lose the next 2 and be out. But that can't happen as we are officially in even though we lost today. So the good news is that even if we end at 10-6 we will still be the 6 seed.

SH-Rock
12-19-2010, 09:09 PM
We're in the playoffs and are 2nd seed for now.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c2d42c/article/playoff-picture-2010?module=HP_headlines

JCPsteelers
12-19-2010, 10:13 PM
would have meant more if we had won today.. Tough loss today.

ricksteelers55
12-19-2010, 10:13 PM
If we win thursday and cleveland beats Baltimore next Sunday we win the division

PhantomJB93
12-19-2010, 10:30 PM
If we look on the bright side, this loss actually ain't all that bad as long as we don't REALLY mess up in the next two games...

1. We still clinched playoffs and still contorl our destiny...as long as we win both of our remaining games we get the 2 seed and bye week, which was the best we could have ended up with even if we did win today (unless the Patrots lost the rest of their games, which isn't happening)

2. We keep the Jets tied with the same record as the Ravens, giving them a SHOT at the 5 seed. a Ravens win and Jets loss today would have just about guarunteed the Ravens the 5 seed, and ideally we want them to get the 6 seed so that they *likely* face the Patriots in the divisional round. Now if the Saints could have come back on that final drive and given the Ravens a loss, this playoff scenario would look a whole lot more favorable to us right now, but with the Jets win theres still a CHANCE it will play out to our ideal scenario, we just need the Jets to win out and the Ravens to lose to either the Bengals or Browns...

LVSteelersfan
12-19-2010, 11:34 PM
If we lose to Carolina, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I hope Cleveland doesn't have a chance to be a spoiler and be the team that can take us from 2 seed to 5 or 6 seed. They will play extra hard against us for a win if they can spoil our bye week. First things first. Beat the crap out of those Carolina Panthers.

StainlessStill
12-19-2010, 11:43 PM
I still can't believe we lost to that PISS poor team. I'd rather see them OR Baltimore in the playoffs over any other team at the moment.

Beat the lowly Panthers and shit Stains and this loss doesn't even matter. We will get the #2.

Third Rail
12-19-2010, 11:52 PM
The loss sucks; I damn near threw my remote control into my new TV when the refs ignored that obvious pass interference at the end (thank God I came to my senses). But perhaps this will be the best thing for the Steelers. If they won today, they might not have taken ample time to prepare for the Panthers, given the short week and how bad Carolina is. But now they're going to be a fired up squad, looking to pound the crap out of a bad team. And they WILL, I am confident of that.

The offense, despite what people were saying, really didn't look bad today. The O-line kept the linebackers away from Ben, Ben made some spectacular throws and Mendy had some really good runs. If we had just been able to finish that last drive, everyone would be happy.

sharkweek
12-20-2010, 12:57 AM
If we win thursday and cleveland beats Baltimore next Sunday we win the division

I thought such a scenario might be possible when Cleveland was shocking teams like the Saints and Pats, but they've been playing like crap lately

If we win out we win the division, we still control our own fate for #2.

SH-Rock
12-20-2010, 07:02 AM
We still clinch the division if we beat Cleveland.
The Ravens are currently 2-2 with the Browns and the Bengals the next two weeks.
We are 4-1 in the division with the Panthers and the Browns the next two weeks.
If they win the next two games and so do we, we clinch the division. With them being at 4-2 and us being 5-1 in the division.

Third Rail
12-20-2010, 03:19 PM
I hope Baltimore f**ks up big time and blows both of its games, thus (possibly) getting knocked out of the playoffs entirely.

Though I know it probably won't happen. They are the luckiest sons of bitches alive and always seem to worm their way into the post season. Damn it Brees, why the hell didn't you beat them yesterday? And how about you, Schaub? You had them on the ropes and then you throw a pick 6? WTF?

welder4pit
12-20-2010, 07:20 PM
If we lose to Carolina, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I hope Cleveland doesn't have a chance to be a spoiler and be the team that can take us from 2 seed to 5 or 6 seed. They will play extra hard against us for a win if they can spoil our bye week. First things first. Beat the crap out of those Carolina Panthers. Exactly . its a shame , we lost to the jets at home , could lose to the panthers and possibly the browns and still get in. this team can find away to lose both of the next 2 games. But hope they can prove me wrong and win out.

PhantomJB93
12-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Exactly . its a shame , we lost to the jets at home , could lose to the panthers and possibly the browns and still get in. this team can find away to lose both of the next 2 games. But hope they can prove me wrong and win out.

I wouldnt be too worried. A lot of these things can be due to timing, and we got REALLY unlucky on our schedule. The losses to the Saints, Pats, and now the Jets all happened at a time when each of those teams was in almost a "do or die" situation after an embarrasing loss or series of losses and we were just trying to remain on top. They all brought a fire and sense of determination and knew they needed to come out with the win, and we didn't, we were already "in a good place" heading into each of those games. I think the same can be said of our first game agaist the Falcons, at this point in the season Im not sure wed beat them, but in the first week when the d had something to prove and we knew we needed a w without Ben we brought that fire. Come playoff time, this won't be a problem.

I could see the Browns game giving us a challenge but I wouldnt start freaking out about nything or thinking this team cant get the job done when they need to. All our losses are to respectable teams and we lost some pretty badly-played games in 08 as well...

Pentheon
12-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Its simple...we win our last 2 we win the division...thats it.

welder4pit
12-20-2010, 10:43 PM
I wouldnt be too worried. A lot of these things can be due to timing, and we got REALLY unlucky on our schedule. The losses to the Saints, Pats, and now the Jets all happened at a time when each of those teams was in almost a "do or die" situation after an embarrasing loss or series of losses and we were just trying to remain on top. They all brought a fire and sense of determination and knew they needed to come out with the win, and we didn't, we were already "in a good place" heading into each of those games. I think the same can be said of our first game agaist the Falcons, at this point in the season Im not sure wed beat them, but in the first week when the d had something to prove and we knew we needed a w without Ben we brought that fire. Come playoff time, this won't be a problem.

I could see the Browns game giving us a challenge but I wouldnt start freaking out about nything or thinking this team cant get the job done when they need to. All our losses are to respectable teams and we lost some pretty badly-played games in 08 as well... AGREED! Just win thurs.:drink:

joeyssteelcurtain
12-21-2010, 11:43 AM
If we beat the panthers and the ravens loose we lock up the Div

MDSteel15
12-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Just win and let the Clowns take care of the Baltimorons.....