PDA

View Full Version : The Draw Play?

ZoneBlitzer
12-19-2010, 08:29 PM
No thread on the draw play to Moore? Had to get this in there...what did you guys think? I laughed out loud when I saw it. I thought it was pretty stupid and obvious when he was standing back there with Ben.

What more can be said about Arians at this point? I thought today, that he called a fairly decent game and his players sure helped him out. There were some stupid calls of course, like the wr bubble screens that rarely work. I was impressed how he continued to run right side knowing that they couldn't stop it.

But that draw play, that has got to be looked at. I didn't like the call at all and would've gone with Redman or Mendy up the gut or off-tackle if you wanted that buffer from the end zone.

Super frustrating game to watch. I somehow knew that the loss was coming all along.

TRH
12-19-2010, 08:35 PM
i actually thought it was one of the dumbest, most predictable plays i've seen in years. Is there anyone who didn't see that one coming when they lined up?
I've now switched finally to the "fire Arians side". See sticky thread above.

steelcity1974
12-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Terrible blocking...Jason grandpa Taylor got in on that. If u can't block him at this stage in his career, no play is gonna work. Arians called a descent game.

Raw Steel
12-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Regardless if a block was missed, if you don't call that stupid formation with your backup running back in the game, it probably doesn't happen. Arians is infatuated with the shotgun formation. Look at when they are third and short. Always the shotgun. Actually, the second 3rd and 2 tonight, the Jets called a TO and the Steelers went to an I formation and Redman got 5 yards. Imagine that. Even if you don't run it, the opposing team has to respect it. Arians non-fullback offense burns the Steelers so much. There was a reason the Steelers used to be good at that short-yardage formations when Kreider and guys like that were leading the way. And as much as I like Moore in 3rd downs (good blocker and receiver), he should never ever be in the game in that situation. Mendy or Redman. Just plain, but expected stupidity from our stupid OC. Go back to Temple. They need a head coach.

Steel_Bus_24
12-19-2010, 09:15 PM
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/4309601/480/Picture-Box/master-stones-slap.gif?v0

F-You Bruce....I want you gone

mizzouristeeler
12-19-2010, 09:20 PM
He just tried to call a play nobody would expect. I mean what could go wrong.

tanda10506
12-19-2010, 11:29 PM
I was thinking that with the exception of one bubble screen that Arians called a good game. I guess up until the draw play he did. Then I saw the draw play and every good thing he did was totally negated by his stupidity. Bad blocking yes, but he should have known that too, hell it's his offense basically.

tanda10506
12-19-2010, 11:30 PM
He just tried to call a play nobody would expect. I mean what could go wrong.

It was so unexpected that evidently the O line didn't expect it.

IowaSteeler927
12-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Bruce Arians needs to go. As a hawkeye fan this guy is like the Ken O'Keefe of the NFL. He has to be one of the worst situational play callers I have seen. Seriously who runs a shotgun draw in your own endzone.

MattsMe
12-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Redundant thread, and I think Arians needs to go just like most people do.

But Scott missed his block, not Bruce. It looked like if he had made even a poor block there was a pretty good hole to run through after that. Maybe I'm wrong.

zsheik22
12-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Welcome aboard. Bruce Arians sucks and I've been saying it for years. Granted the O line is pretty awful, he still calls the terrible plays and doesnt seem to have a clue what the line is and is not capable of.

2008 SB year he got bailed out by Lebeau

pitt0wns
12-20-2010, 02:40 AM
Come on we know that was the worst play call ever.

Redman or Mendenhall should've taken that instead of Moore.

This team would be A LOT better with a better coaching staff.

pitt0wns
12-20-2010, 02:43 AM
Welcome aboard. Bruce Arians sucks and I've been saying it for years. Granted the O line is pretty awful, he still calls the terrible plays and doesnt seem to have a clue what the line is and is not capable of.

2008 SB year he got bailed out by Lebeau

How many times throughout that season we were on the 2 yd line and couldn't punch it in with his lame play calling?

ricardisimo
12-20-2010, 02:45 AM
Terrible blocking...Jason grandpa Taylor got in on that. If u can't block him at this stage in his career, no play is gonna work. Arians called a descent game.
Descent - the act, process, or fact of descending. 2. a downward inclination or slope.
I would have to agree. Especially given twice as many pass plays as rushes in a snow storm.

IowaSteeler927
12-20-2010, 04:09 AM
Yeah I didn't like the fact that at times he would go to the passing game when I thought Mendenhall was getting hot. Should stick with what is working. The Jets defense was getting gassed at times and they gave them breaks by throwing the ball.

Rick5895
12-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Yeah I didn't like the fact that at times he would go to the passing game when I thought Mendenhall was getting hot. Should stick with what is working. The Jets defense was getting gassed at times and they gave them breaks by throwing the ball.
In addition, every time this season Mendy gets it cranked up, he puts Moore in the game.
We get the worst team in football Thursday night, hopefully we can actually score 20 points.

theplatypus
12-20-2010, 04:47 AM
Pretty sure it was actually a counter, definitely wasn't a draw, and Scott whiffed completely. All Scott had to do was chip Taylor and it's a gain.

BengalDestroyer
12-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Arians sucks, hopefully Tomlin realizes this and fixes it in the offseason

Whodis
12-20-2010, 07:36 AM
I didn't like the call, but how do you miss a block at that point of the game?

TRH
12-20-2010, 07:44 AM
the ball should have been just handed off. You DON'T freeze, then hand it to someone in the back standing in the endzone. You don't even put someone in that position to be tackled like that.
More i think about it, the dumber it gets......
These "dumb" plays not only come back on Arian, but Tomlin is the ultimate leader here and doesn't make him look any better either. Whoever said "coach of the year" can forget it....