PDA

View Full Version : The Good News...

ZoneBlitzer
12-19-2010, 08:37 PM
The good news as I see it is that they got a Thursday night game coming right up to get the bad taste out of their mouths. Needless to say, they have got to win this upcoming game, preferably handily. Once that game is out of the way, they'll get a little bit extra rest just at the right time. Hopefully they will use this time to correct some aspects of their play. They then finish off with the Browns, who they cannot take lightly. I'd like to see them finish the season strong with two convincing wins to add to their confidence. I think this Thursday game comes at the right time to help them get it done, rest, refocus and get their butts in gear. (Correcting the weak point-getting offense should be the number one priority)

Fire Arians
12-19-2010, 08:41 PM
good news = last 2 games SHOULD be easily winnable games.

bad news = if we drop either of these, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs at all. postseason begins in a few weeks, the time to play down to our opponent and dick around should have come to an end a long time ago. and arians is still our OC

TRH
12-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Gonna have to be alot of discussion and film-watching at practice the next couple days. In particular the ST should take an ass-whipping and screaming session for their pathetic performance.
I'm not even sure what to expect next game.....

Steel_Bus_24
12-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Gonna have to be alot of discussion and film-watching at practice the next couple days. In particular the ST should take an ass-whipping and screaming session for their pathetic performance.
I'm not even sure what to expect next game.....

seriously the browns will mimic exactly what the jets did today

from STs to Wildcat with Cribbs......The Steelers better wake up and realize for all intents and purposes the playoffs start now.............We need that bye to get guys rested if we want a legitimate shot at a SB..........

I don't think theres anyway a team wins 3 playoff games in the AFC this year

JCPsteelers
12-19-2010, 09:16 PM
good news = last 2 games SHOULD be easily winnable games.
C

Cleveland will play us tough especially if we have the division on the line.

Hopefully the Brownies will beat the Ratbirds this week so we can have everything clinched after Sunday.

DoctorCAD
12-20-2010, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=ZoneBlitzer;882418... (Correcting the weak point-getting offense should be the number one priority)[/QUOTE]

Yea, right...

Should have been done 5 games or more ago.

Pretty bad looking team we are fielding AT THIS TIME.

plenewken
12-20-2010, 10:46 AM
The good news: we might not play as poorly again offensively or the defense might get an interception to save our @sses once again.
The bad news: none of what I said previously happens.

I predicted 12-4 or 11-5 and I'm pretty confident it'll be one of the 2 at the end of the season. If we lose against the Browns and finish 11-5, I won't bet the farm on our ability to go far in the off-season.

SoCalFan
12-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Correcting some aspects of there play=GETTING HEALTHY!!!!! Oh yea,and BA coming down with the flu and not showing up!

Fire Arians
12-20-2010, 12:02 PM
The good news: we might not play as poorly again offensively or the defense might get an interception to save our @sses once again.
The bad news: none of what I said previously happens.

I predicted 12-4 or 11-5 and I'm pretty confident it'll be one of the 2 at the end of the season. If we lose against the Browns and finish 11-5, I won't bet the farm on our ability to go far in the off-season.

11-5 at the very least. i mean seriously, if we can't beat carolina we will get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs.

plenewken
12-20-2010, 12:19 PM
11-5 at the very least. i mean seriously, if we can't beat carolina we will get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Seriously, we should beat Carolina and seriously we could lose to the Browns.

Fire Arians
12-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Seriously, we should beat Carolina and seriously we could lose to the Browns.

browns game should be doable but i wouldn't call it a gimmie, they always play us tough at cleveland.

still, if we don't beat carolina we deserve whatever we get.

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Yesterday really did not change much except winning Thursday night is now crucial - I still cannot imagine how Carolina wins that game

Steelers win the next 2 and they get the bye (better division record than Ravens) - i do not believe that would change if the Steelers had won yesterday

Steelers beat Carolina and lose to the Browns they get the bye if the Ravens lose at Cleveland (better division record than Ravens/better conference record than KC if Chiefs win out) - so go Browns next Sunday

The real question is whether Poalmalu sits for the Browns game if the Steelers need that win to win the division and get the bye

For anyone who cares this is the link to the playoff tiebeaker rules

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/tiebreakers-explanation

austinfrench76
12-20-2010, 03:44 PM
We finish 12-4, 1st round bye and get the extra week off. If Miller plays he catches one of those throws in the back of the endzone and the discussion is totally different!! We will be fine.