PDA

View Full Version : What beat us last year beat us today

steelerchad
12-19-2010, 11:03 PM
A return for a TD.
We gave up 5 of them last year and I think we lost 4 of those games all by less than 1 score. When you have a good defense and win a lot of low scoring games, you can't give a marginal offense a free 7 points. Our D (even without Troy) held the Jets offense to 13 points, which should have been enough for a W.

tony hipchest
12-19-2010, 11:10 PM
too bad our weak ass offense couldnt score.

we could move the ball up and down the field at will and had the benefit of a 4000 yd passer/ 1000 yd rusher and 2 1000 yd wr's.

:hunch:

SH-Rock
12-19-2010, 11:20 PM

we could move the ball up and down the field at will and had the benefit of a 4000 yd passer/ 1000 yd rusher and 2 1000 yd wr's.

With those numbers you should at least make the play offs :doh:

plenewken
12-20-2010, 07:33 AM

Yards don't mean sh*t if you end up punting or stalling in the red zone. Give us points, not yards.
To me, there's no difference between 2009 and 2010. The offense is mediocre and it's not only the OL.

TRH
12-20-2010, 09:11 AM
A return for a TD.
We gave up 5 of them last year and I think we lost 4 of those games all by less than 1 score. When you have a good defense and win a lot of low scoring games, you can't give a marginal offense a free 7 points. Our D (even without Troy) held the Jets offense to 13 points, which should have been enough for a W.

Yep. Brings back memories doesn't it? I remember last year when thats all anyone could talk about was the S/T.
And it wasn't just the TD yesterday, the S/T allowed great field position on several plays...while they pinned US deep a few times. For awhile there, their punting looked like the second coming of God. Their punts stalled allowing their guys to rush down and wait for the bounce inside the 5.............OUR punts bounce right in the end zone. Frustrating.
The S/T definitely lost us the game yesterday.

tanda10506
12-20-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm sure you all saw it, but there was a flag thrown at the beginning of the opening kickoff return. After the Jets made it in the endzone it was picked back up, thrown right in the area of holding also.

lionslicer
12-20-2010, 02:40 PM
I thought the Steelers gave up like 8 last year... maybe I'm thinking of something else..

Special teams can't tackle at all... The coach has done a good job getting the players in position, but they can't tackle... Its sad because its the players fault, not the coaches, they know how to tackle, they've been coached how to tackle, but they're trying to go for big hits or not tackling correctly. Steelers need to start putting some defensive starters on special teams if it keeps getting worse