PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Happy

SteelKnight
12-19-2010, 11:10 PM
I liked what I saw today. I feel better today than I felt after the Cin win last week. You can't win 'em all. It was a great and fun game.

1. I liked the O-line play
2. I like the pass D
3. I liked the play of Sanders and Brown...Ward is fading away. Maybe he should retire after this year. In the past, he would have been a target on that last play.
4. Wallace still has his stuff.
5. I liked BAs play calling better as the game went on. This is what we will need for the playoffs.
6. Ben seems to be getting a little better at getting the ball out of his hands.

I think we have potential to get to the championship game and give the Pats a run.

figg
12-19-2010, 11:14 PM
The O-line played much better. Ben had all day at times.

SteelKnight
12-19-2010, 11:20 PM
The O-line played much better. Ben had all day at times.

How about that Essex. He loses his RG job then then comes in and plays LT well.

I really like Flozelle. Too bad he is so old. I hope he can give us one more year next year. He is under contract.

What's wrong with Ward?

figg
12-19-2010, 11:27 PM
It's one game for the O-line, lets not get too happy. Ward plays better when teams play zone defense against us. Father time has caught up. He'll still make his play's.

SteelKnight
12-19-2010, 11:37 PM
It's one game for the O-line, lets not get too happy. Ward plays better when teams play zone defense against us. Father time has caught up. He'll still make his play's.

Yeah...Ward may want to switch to slot WR...not trying to be rude but it is what it is. If not they should just make sure to use 3 or 4 WR sets all the time so Wallace can get some help. (They mostly did that today anyway)

I've been impressed with the O-line (except the holding penalties) in general this season. In other games, the WRs were taking too long to get open.

Ben is really starting to gain confidence in Sanders. I'd like to see them send him deep sometimes.

SteelKnight
12-19-2010, 11:40 PM
BTW...You guys saw Cromartie holding Sanders like Crazy on the last play right? I wish Ben had thrown it to him. It was past 5 yards because the LOS was the 10.

I believe they would have called that on the Steelers...

330steelerguy
12-20-2010, 07:53 AM
BTW...You guys saw Cromartie holding Sanders like Crazy on the last play right? I wish Ben had thrown it to him. It was past 5 yards because the LOS was the 10.

I noticed them holding our recievers all day long yet only 1,maybe 2 was actually called! I really hate making excuses but my god this is getting old!:banging:

TRH
12-20-2010, 07:59 AM

They held our receivers at least a good 5 obvious times that i can count. And they didn't call any of those. I don't have faith that the refs would have made this call either.

SH-Rock
12-20-2010, 08:07 AM
How about Sanders? Coming up big on so many 3rd downs. He might exceed Holmes one day.

pete74
12-20-2010, 09:48 AM
im excited by how well the offensive line played but a little down on how Ben played. he seemed inacurate at times. i also dont like how jets, patriots and saints all beat us. hopefully we can win our last 2 and take the division because i really dont want to have to play in baltimore again. there getting better and really clicking at the right time and could be real scary in the playoffs.

as for the line and mendenhall, they looked great against a top defense. if ben could start playing better we could beat anyone

steelax04
12-20-2010, 12:01 PM
I also liked Sanders this game. And there's something to say about those two 90+ yard drives (almost a 3rd at the end of the game).

It really looks like the receivers are coming around just in time for playoffs.

SteelKnight
12-20-2010, 05:30 PM
im excited by how well the offensive line played but a little down on how Ben played. he seemed inacurate at times. i also dont like how jets, patriots and saints all beat us. hopefully we can win our last 2 and take the division because i really dont want to have to play in baltimore again. there getting better and really clicking at the right time and could be real scary in the playoffs.

as for the line and mendenhall, they looked great against a top defense. if ben could start playing better we could beat anyone

I'll admit Ben started slow but I think he got better with time. I agree he messed up several plays though. Good teams don't miss those plays.

SteelKnight
12-20-2010, 05:36 PM
I also liked Sanders this game. And there's something to say about those two 90+ yard drives (almost a 3rd at the end of the game).

It really looks like the receivers are coming around just in time for playoffs.

Yeah...both Sanders and Brown are coming around. Both and Wallace can go deep so they should start mixing it up.

Ward...IDK

I liked how they tried to use Spaeth. I hope they use Miller the same way when he comes back. Miller hasn't been doing enough in the pass game.

Whodis
12-20-2010, 05:37 PM
3. I liked the play of Sanders and Brown...Ward is fading away. Maybe he should retire after this year. In the past, he would have been a target on that last play.

Ward has been the one guy that has been showing up week after week. How well did our recievers look after Ward was knocked out against the Patriots?

Brown needs to stop celebrating after every 1st down catch. I like their play, but I agree there is a lot of potential their.

cloppbeast
12-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Brown needs to stop celebrating after every 1st down catch. I like their play, but I agree there is a lot of potential their.

After all, he is trying to fill Santonio's shoes. :rofl:

FanSince72
12-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Let's not forget something...

With Ben out for the first 4 games and unable to even look at film and with Holmes traded away, how many of us REALLY thought that "10-and-anything" never mind a shot at a Two Seed would be little more than a pipe dream?

And if the offense gets it together in the coming weeks and if we get a few guys healthy, I think we have an extremely realistic shot at winning it all!

I'd say that all of that PLUS the laundry list of injuries not to mention having two rooks' at WR, I for one am tickled pink at the thought of where we are.

All in all, I really can't find a whole lot to be mad about right now.

thebus36idf
12-20-2010, 09:22 PM

Cromartie does it all day long on everyone and doesn't get called. I've seen it all year. I don't get it. He gets even more blatant as the year goes on because he never gets called???????

SteelKnight
12-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Ward has been the one guy that has been showing up week after week. How well did our recievers look after Ward was knocked out against the Patriots?

Yeah...the Steelers looked Bad with Ward gone but that was because they tried to use ARE as the primary replacement and the other guys didn't have enough time to assume the starting roll. They need to practice plays.

I disagree that Ward has shown up every week. I had him on my fantasy team so i know...lol He has been hit or miss but some of his hits have been great. He is quieting down. He is still good but should retire after this year so he doesn't hurt the team and can retire on top. If he wants to come back as a #3, that might be OK. He's not doing enough for a #2 in the passing game.

In the past, he would have been a primary target on that last play.

After all, he is trying to fill Santonio's shoes. :rofl:

OMG...Holmes is still annoying me with his theatrics. Did you see the one where he did his drop ball technique even though it wasn't a first down? How childish?

With Brown, I seem to understand. He is making a statement of "See what I can do if you let me play?"

I just found out for sure that Ben was going to Sanders on that second to last play. Even the last one might have been an overthrown play for Sanders (given Ben's inaccuracy). I like the fact that he is developing trust Sanders needs to be #2 and Ward #3.

Let's not forget something...

With Ben out for the first 4 games and unable to even look at film and with Holmes traded away, how many of us REALLY thought ...

All in all, I really can't find a whole lot to be mad about right now.

I thought we would have a good season. I was pleased yesterday because of what I saw including controlling Holmes. It's not just about the record. I wasn't pleased with the win over cincinatti. Right now the question is can we beat the Colts...then Patriots? I think the Colts will win #3 and beat the Jets in the wildcard and play us while the Ravens (or possibly the Chargers if the chiefs choke) head to NE.

Cromartie does it all day long on everyone and doesn't get called. I've seen it all year. I don't get it. He gets even more blatant as the year goes on because he never gets called???????

Yeah...Cromartie is not that good. I remember watching an early game where they were calling it. The problem was Ben's passes were inaccurate. If he had gotten them closer, some of those would have been calls.

Whodis
12-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah...the Steelers looked Bad with Ward gone but that was because they tried to use ARE as the primary replacement and the other guys didn't have enough time to assume the starting roll. They need to practice plays.

I disagree that Ward has shown up every week. I had him on my fantasy team so i know...lol He has been hit or miss but some of his hits have been great. He is quieting down. He is still good but should retire after this year so he doesn't hurt the team and can retire on top. If he wants to come back as a #3, that might be OK. He's not doing enough for a #2 in the passing game.

In the past, he would have been a primary target on that last play.

I respectfully disagree here. If there has been an incosistency in our passing it's been route running and or #7. Ward makes the grab and takes the hit almost every time.

I haven't been able to share the devastation of Ward on my fantasy team becase i'm so tied up with my World of Warcraft tournaments :noidea:

I think Bouchette questioned why we were throwing to a back-up TE instead of someone like Ward at the end of the game. IMHO it's a question of design not the reciever?

plenewken
12-21-2010, 01:21 PM

Yeah...Cromartie is not that good. I remember watching an early game where they were calling it.

The problem was Ben's passes were inaccurate. If he had gotten them closer, some of those would have been calls.

That's the whole point and I agree with you.

SteelKnight
12-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I respectfully disagree here. If there has been an incosistency in our passing it's been route running and or #7. Ward makes the grab and takes the hit almost every time.

I haven't been able to share the devastation of Ward on my fantasy team becase i'm so tied up with my World of Warcraft tournaments :noidea:

I think Bouchette questioned why we were throwing to a back-up TE instead of someone like Ward at the end of the game. IMHO it's a question of design not the reciever?

First, let me say I think it is corny when someone tries to act like real men don't play Fantasy football or Madden...that's lame. If it's not for you great but you don't earn any manly points for not participating.

Rather than blather about a persons value outside of fantasy numbers respect the fact that I said I've been watching his receiving production closely because he's on my team. Sometimes it is possible to feel like a lot was done because of one or two big or key catches but that doesn't replace productivity. Both are important.

The issue is not drops. It is possible they are not going to him because he is not getting open. That is the issue.

Whodis
12-22-2010, 06:38 PM
First, let me say I think it is corny when someone tries to act like real men don't play Fantasy football or Madden...that's lame. If it's not for you great but you don't earn any manly points for not participating.

Rather than blather about a persons value outside of fantasy numbers respect the fact that I said I've been watching his receiving production closely because he's on my team. Sometimes it is possible to feel like a lot was done because of one or two big or key catches but that doesn't replace productivity. Both are important.

The issue is not drops. It is possible they are not going to him because he is not getting open. That is the issue.

:rofl: are you serious? You tried to make a point about Ward's productivity by telling us he sucks on a fantasy football team......... that's lame and corny

I didn't think I was trying to misconstrue Hines Ward's effectivness on the field. If you were a season ticket holder and told me "He's not getting open" your words would have more merit then the fact he's on your fantasy team. Bottom line is he's one of the best options we have right now at reciever IMO

sorry for offending you bro... i'll take stats more serious next time :thumbsup:

SteelKnight
12-22-2010, 09:50 PM
:rofl: are you serious? You tried to make a point about Ward's productivity by telling us he sucks on a fantasy football team......... that's lame and corny

I didn't think I was trying to misconstrue Hines Ward's effectivness on the field. If you were a season ticket holder and told me "He's not getting open" your words would have more merit then the fact he's on your fantasy team. Bottom line is he's one of the best options we have right now at reciever IMO

sorry for offending you bro... i'll take stats more serious next time :thumbsup:

lol...

I have been able to watch all the games this year but as you know the camera doesn't show who is getting open and who is not since I am not there in person (as you pointed out). I can only assume that he is not getting open. Why else would they not throw to him more?

I'm glad you realized I was not saying he was not productive ONLY BECAUSE he did not score well for me for fantasy. We all respect the blocks Hines makes. My point is that sometimes because of 1 or 2 good catches, we can have memory of a receiver being more productive than they really are. There were times when I watched the game and thought that Ward had been more productive ...then went to see my fantasy numbers and saw it was just a couple of good plays coloring my perception.

It's fine if you want to make the argument that a couple of good plays is just as important as being a steady thoroughbred and coming through each and every game but I didn't appreciate you trying to belittle me because I have a fantasy team.

We all are smart enough to know that players have value beyond fantasy stats. My point was that I know whether he had steady production because I was observing his stats. Someone else said he came through every game (can't remember whether it was you).

Cheers