PDA

View Full Version : Suisham perfect so far

steelerchad
12-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Suisham's 10 for 10 so far on field goals and 11 for 11 on extra points. In fact, I don't even remember him being close to missing one. Most of these kicks are dead center. Even more impressive is the fact that we've been forcing him to make longer kicks by not getting into the redzone as 7 of his 10 field goals have been more than 40 yards.
I'm almost hoping for a meaningless miss against Carolina this week to take some of the pressure of perfection off of him before the playoffs. He's choked in a couple of clutch spots for some other teams and I always think back to when Garry Anderson was perfect all season and he missed his first field goal in the playoffs to cost the Vikings.

Side Note- Skippy is 7 for 7 on field goals and 6 for 6 on extra points for San Fran. Only 2 of his kicks have been over 40 though.

sharkweek
12-20-2010, 11:22 AM
lol so Reed finally made a FG from 40-49? he was 0-4 for us

I can't remember, but has Suisham kicked over 50 yet? at any rate thats not too big of a deal, 40-49 is the money distance and he's been lights out there this season where Reed was a joke.

steelerdave1969
12-20-2010, 02:06 PM
The only gripe that I have with Suisham so far is his Kickoffs. He cant seem to get them past the Opponents 15 yard line. But his kicking is great so far and to answer the question right before me is no he Hasnt attempted a Kick over 50 for the Steelers yet, but is 7 for 7 I believe over 40 . . which is nice.

steeltheone
12-20-2010, 02:47 PM
The kickoff issue is a killer. Field position is everything.

Whodis
12-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Suisham has been a great surprise! I trashed the signing and I'm glad to go back on it.

Punt coverage sucks! Why punt from the 40 if they get the ball between the 20-30 yard line? There is no intensity with these guys trying to make tackles. That return looked like the keystone cops.

btaylor179
12-20-2010, 03:46 PM
yea i thought it was a joke when we signed him.....but man he has been money....just sux on kick offs....need to fix that

TailgateMel
12-20-2010, 03:58 PM
The opening kickoff they fielded it at the 2 or 3 yard line... he hasn't been able to dump it deep in the endzone, but he is getting it as far or farther than skippy did and his field goals have been much, much better. It will be interesting, however to see if we keep him next year also.

MasterOfPuppets
12-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Alex Henery stats from Huskers.com:

Alex Henery has made 89.2% of his career field goal attempts (66-of-74). The NCAA record is 87.8% by Florida’s Bobby Raymond. (min. 45 attempts)
Alex Henery has made 77.4% of his career field goals from 40 yards or longer (24-of-31). The NCAA career record is 72.1% by Georgia’s Billy Bennet.
Alex Henery has made 97.7% of his career field goals from inside 40 yards (42-of-43). The NCAA career record is 97.0% by Florida’s Bobby Raymond.
Alex Henery is tied for the NCAA record with six career games with at least four field goals.
Alex Henery has combined to make 256 of his 265 career kicks (PATs and field goals), a 96.6% accuracy rate. The NCAA FBS career record is 94.9% set by Missouri’s Jeff Wolfert.

Did we mention he punts? As Huskers.com puts it, “Nebraska place-kicker Alex Henery has been one of the nation’s best for the past four seasons. However, a closer examination of Henery’s amazing kicking numbers reveals that he is one of the best place-kickers in NCAA

5aXkPwWXLNY

jizzballz
12-20-2010, 04:39 PM
draft henery in the first round

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-21-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm just glad the Reed saga is over. The notion of spending millions on a kicker makes no sense to me in a salary cap era. Happy he is moving on and doing well...........maybe SF will back up a load of cash for him.

steelerchad
12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Alex Henery stats from Huskers.com:

Alex Henery has made 89.2% of his career field goal attempts (66-of-74). The NCAA record is 87.8% by Florida’s Bobby Raymond. (min. 45 attempts)
Alex Henery has made 77.4% of his career field goals from 40 yards or longer (24-of-31). The NCAA career record is 72.1% by Georgia’s Billy Bennet.
Alex Henery has made 97.7% of his career field goals from inside 40 yards (42-of-43). The NCAA career record is 97.0% by Florida’s Bobby Raymond.
Alex Henery is tied for the NCAA record with six career games with at least four field goals.
Alex Henery has combined to make 256 of his 265 career kicks (PATs and field goals), a 96.6% accuracy rate. The NCAA FBS career record is 94.9% set by Missouri’s Jeff Wolfert.

Did we mention he punts? As Huskers.com puts it, “Nebraska place-kicker Alex Henery has been one of the nation’s best for the past four seasons. However, a closer examination of Henery’s amazing kicking numbers reveals that he is one of the best place-kickers in NCAA

5aXkPwWXLNY

Looks good. Where would you suspect a guy like this would go? Seems to me we always go the free agent, nobody wants them tryout route and have done pretty well with it. That way they come cheap and you can just throw them away when they start missing and grab a new one.

MasterOfPuppets
12-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Looks good. Where would you suspect a guy like this would go? Seems to me we always go the free agent, nobody wants them tryout route and have done pretty well with it. That way they come cheap and you can just throw them away when they start missing and grab a new one.
al davis probably already has a 1st round grade on him , but rarely do kickers / punters ever go before the 5th , but i guess its supply and demand. there does seem to be a shortage of reliable kickers in the league, plus stupid ass Al davis has raised the bar for kickers / punters contracts ( otherwise jeff reed might have gotten his extension.), so this guy might be a hot commodity come draft time. maybe he sneaks into the 4th.
i couldn't find any kickoff footage , but if he can get it into the endzone consistently , and the fact that he adds punter depth ( over 43 yd average this year ) , he may be an attractive option for the steelers ...:noidea: