PDA

View Full Version : Steelers fans give boos, not standing ovation, to Santonio Holmes

SteelerEmpire
12-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Article:

The standing ovation Santonio Holmes expected on Sunday in Pittsburgh never quite materialized.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/12/steelers-fans-give-boos-not-standing-ovation-to-santonio-holmes/1?loc=interstitialskip

pete74
12-20-2010, 04:44 PM
pathetic. he won us a super bowl and were going to act like Philly fans. that pisses me off

btaylor179
12-20-2010, 04:48 PM
yea i agree.....no one on steeler roster now makes that catch holmes did in super bowl.....no one!!!!!

TailgateMel
12-20-2010, 04:53 PM
I saw it, it was down at the far end from where I was at, but I saw it. He may say it was out of respect, but it came off as arrogant, and got booed because of that.

His quote days before the game was
"I had a great relationship with those guys. I'm pretty sure (the fans) will give me a standing ovation once I get on the field,"

Notice the "once I get on the field" part... that isn't what happened. What materialized was him coming out at the end of the game after everyone else had gone to the locker room and taking a bow.

plenewken
12-20-2010, 05:42 PM
pathetic. he won us a super bowl and were going to act like Philly fans. that pisses me off

Yep, that's low.