PDA

View Full Version : Steelers expect Miller back Thur.; Smith nearing return to practice

Whodis
12-20-2010, 05:29 PM
:tt04:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14468981/steelers-expect-miller-back-thur-smith-nearing-return-to-practice

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers expect tight end Heath Miller to play Thursday night against Carolina after missing two games with a concussion.

Miller, hurt Dec. 5 in Baltimore, was expected to return for Sunday's game against the Jets, but developed post-concussion headaches and was held out. His replacement, Matt Spaeth, caught a touchdown pass during Pittsburgh's 22-17 loss.

Miller was injured on a helmet hit by the Ravens' Jameel McClain, who was fined $40,000 by the NFL.

Defensive end Aaron Smith (torn triceps) is being fitted with a shoulder brace so he can resume practicing, although coach Mike Tomlin did not say Monday when that might be. The Steelers practice only once this week.

Smith hasn't played since being injured Oct. 24 in Miami

SH-Rock
12-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Glad to have Heath back.

steelerchad
12-21-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm kind of shocked that Heath missed the Jets game and is now OK for the Panthers game only 4 days later with only 1 practice this week anyway. We could have used him in the Jets game as Spaeth had some key drops and I would hope he would not be as desperately needed in the Panthers game, which was also the least important game of our last 3?

Whodis
12-21-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm kind of shocked that Heath missed the Jets game and is now OK for the Panthers game only 4 days later with only 1 practice this week anyway. We could have used him in the Jets game as Spaeth had some key drops and I would hope he would not be as desperately needed in the Panthers game, which was also the least important game of our last 3?

I pretty much wrote off anyone who missed Sunday to also miss Thursday.

Both games are important considering we are tied with the Rats for AFC North. Plus losing any of these two could hurt any momentum going into the playoffs.

TRH
12-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Glad to have Heath back.

+ 1.
he's really a difference maker in a lot of aspects of the game. Also, anything to get Spaeth out of there.

Steelboy84
12-21-2010, 09:46 AM
good