PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young Still Thinks He's Number 1

Suitanim
04-10-2006, 10:46 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5483276

Young thinks he could still end up in Houston
HOUSTON (AP) - Vince Young isn't daunted by recent speculation that the Houston Texans will use the No. 1 pick in the draft on Reggie Bush.

Why this may make sense:
Look at what LeBron James did for a lagging Cavs franchise. Instant popularity, and a HUGE surge in ticket sales. Sure, the Texans signed Carr to a 3 year deal, but just about everyone knows Young will need a year or two of NFL seasoning before he's ready to play QB every day at the next level. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if this happened.

Ambridge
04-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Vince Young to Houston.

I bet New Orleans would be at warp speed to get their "Reggie Bush Card" to the Commish with the second pick.

Suitanim
04-10-2006, 11:08 AM
The Saints are in a great position here. The Jets and Titans may actually end up in a fight over Leinart even if Young doesn't go #1, and they could both try to trade up to #2 to get the more NFL ready QB...and they'd probably ask for a 2nd rounder from either one for it.

Either way, it's gonna make the top of the first round interesting.

Livinginthe past
04-10-2006, 11:32 AM
I think the media has just about all the bases covered in the Vince Young draft stakes.

He is going to be picked:

1. In the top-5, and to the Titans who had McNair to tutor him

2. At No.1, to the Texans who already have their QB of the future.

3. At the lower middle of the 1st round, due to his poor Wonderlic score.

4. Not even in the 1st round, he is too much of a project and wont be ready to start for at least 2 years if at all.

My guess is that one of these will be correct.

NM

Koopa
04-10-2006, 01:53 PM
i would love to see the texans take him, i have to watch them every sunday anyway, but if he goes there in a year or two i'll have an excuse to watch them.......i doubt it though, they'll take bush and then vince will fall and fall and fall probably to the cardinals which wouldn't be bad, he can learn a year under washed up warner and then have edge to hand off to, and fitzgerald and boldin to throw too

Suitanim
04-10-2006, 05:35 PM
It's an interesting situation. Is Houston simply pandering to the home town fans by talking about drafting Young? Young, Bush and Mario Williams have all opened negotiations with the Texans (which is SOP)...however, since Bush is able to disclose what the Texans offer him publicly, and Young has an inexperienced agent, what happens if it later comes out that Young came in at a much lower price than Bush, and the Texans still took Bush?

If Houston isn't serious about drafting Vince Young, this could all blow up in their face.

clevestinks
04-11-2006, 11:50 AM
hOUSTON WOULD BE A GREAT FIT, AND THEY CAN HAVE HIM

WWIIOwheelz
04-11-2006, 12:11 PM
I've read a lot of speculation from some talking heads I like that he might go to Oakland with the 7th pick. I have a buddy hoping for that. As someone else said, it will be interesting to watch.

Ohio Steeler
04-12-2006, 03:00 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5483276

Young thinks he could still end up in Houston
HOUSTON (AP) - Vince Young isn't daunted by recent speculation that the Houston Texans will use the No. 1 pick in the draft on Reggie Bush.

Why this may make sense:
Look at what LeBron James did for a lagging Cavs franchise. Instant popularity, and a HUGE surge in ticket sales. Sure, the Texans signed Carr to a 3 year deal, but just about everyone knows Young will need a year or two of NFL seasoning before he's ready to play QB every day at the next level. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if this happened.

I find it funny that he really thinks he will be picked over Bush. I just dont see it 1st if they picked him then Carr is done as the QB for them and I really dont belive they have gave up on him yet, 2nd Bush is the way to go he will not only open the running game up for them he will also open the passing game up because teams will be keying in on him.

Suitanim
04-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Actually, with the Oline the Texans have right now, they could be alternating Jim Brown and Barry Sanders and still not be effective running the football.

Ambridge
04-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Actually, with the Oline the Texans have right now, they could be alternating Jim Brown and Barry Sanders and still not be effective running the football.

Houston could trade down a few spots and take Ferguson.

Suitanim
04-12-2006, 04:12 PM
I always thought that was the smart play. Drop down, maybe try and secure an extra pick, and just concentrate on drafting OL.

That, the fact that the Cutler is shooting up draft boards, and a few teams at the top that don't need QB's are what will make the top of this draft interesting...