PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Wallace or 2009 Holmes

SH-Rock
12-20-2010, 11:20 PM
If you had to pick one of the two receivers, which one would it be?

Stats

Wallace
53 receptions 1,048 yards 8 TD

Holmes
79 receptions 1,248 yards 5 TD

This is a tough choice here. Clearly stats don't show everything. Ben was out for the first four games and Wallace still has 2 more games so maybe he reaches the 1,200 yard mark. Holmes though was the better route runner, but Wallace goes down the field really fast, but he has missed a lot of plays that which Santonio would probably would've made due to his experience.

Your thoughts?

Curtain_of_Steel
12-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Wallace due to his age and the fact he isnt a self promoted drug user. But more importantly, I think the upside is huge there.

Keep in mind last year, Wallace aided Holmes in spreading the field as well. Hows Holmes doing this year? 660 missed 4 games.

i'll take Wallace, he is getting better and better on the routes, has gone from a long ball guy to something much better.

JEFF4i
12-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Wallace. Youth, and more specifically, speed. His route running can get better, Holmes won't get much faster, in fact, he'll get slower.

USWSteel
12-20-2010, 11:34 PM
I think Wallace has huge upside. He just needs more chances at deep routes than the steelers are giving him. It seems like he has the DB's beat on almost every play !

330steelerguy
12-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Wallace is here and holmes is not...I'll take Wallace! But seriously holmes made big plays for us in the postseason but was not what I call an elite reciever. Wallace looks like he has stardom written all over him.

tony hipchest
12-21-2010, 12:26 AM
wallaces 1st two year's stats are leaving holmes' 1st two in the dust.

i swore holmes would be the next tory holt. while he was good, he never lived up to that standard.

theres still hope for wallace. holmes is what he is.

Pentheon
12-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Not saying this because holmes aint with us anymore but I gotta choose wallace. You rarely see him drop any balls, hes quicker so hes more of a thread down field, and hes getting better on the short routes and over the middle.

VegasStlrFan
12-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Wallace, hes as good if not better than Holmes without the off-field issues

lionslicer
12-21-2010, 01:12 AM
I like, he's taller and can jump higher, don't get me wrong, posession recievers like Ward and Holmes are great, but the Steelers haven't had a big tall reciever since Plax. Plus Wallace has shown he can make moves and make yards after the catch, he's an all around great reciever.

tony hipchest
12-21-2010, 01:16 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!

lionslicer
12-21-2010, 01:22 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!

Future HOFer right there

BlockMonsta
12-21-2010, 01:54 AM
I like, he's taller and can jump higher, don't get me wrong, posession recievers like Ward and Holmes are great, but the Steelers haven't had a big tall reciever since Plax. Plus Wallace has shown he can make moves and make yards after the catch, he's an all around great reciever.

They still dont have a tall WR...Wallace is 6'0...same as Ward.

lionslicer
12-21-2010, 04:17 AM
They still dont have a tall WR...Wallace is 6'0...same as Ward.

I thought he was liek 6'2... maybe he just looks tall because he's so lengthy..

jizzballz
12-21-2010, 05:28 AM
wallace was always going to be better than holmes, i was saying that last year brothers

Rick5895
12-21-2010, 07:09 AM
If you saw the Jets game, you saw how well Wallace evolved as a route runner. He did a very good job the only exception being the "fake spike" play. Mike is head and shoulders above Santo at similiar points in thier career.

TRH
12-21-2010, 10:39 AM
I think Holmes '09 edges Wallace right now....also Santonio ran his routes well, Wallace has made a few mistakes there.
That said....of the two....long-term i definitely pick Wallace. He just seems like a better kid, really wants to do a great job, is almost fearless, and i like the talent going forward. I think he's going to be the better of the 2.
If he improves even more than i think he will, he'll be scary good.

steelerchad
12-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Santonio had possibly the most amazing drive in NFL history. He and Ben moved the ball down the field and he made the amazing catch in the endzone to win it. He also has a flare for the big play and he's one of the best at run after catch in the NFL (not quite D. Jackson). The cutback across the field against Baltimore in the AFCC game, the punt return that sparked the Steelers the week before against San Diego, and of course the Super Bowl.

But when you get down to it, Santonio seemed to disappear for periods of time. I don't know if he went 100% all the time. Seemed like he could just turn it on when he needed to. Wallace is faster, but I don't think he has mastered the run after catch yards like Holmes yet.

Honestly, would be nice to have both of them because I think Ward is about done. But, we weren't going to pay his inflated ego what it thought it was worth anyway so they cut ties when the opportunity arose.

MDSteel15
12-21-2010, 01:11 PM
I like Sanders and Wallace both over Santonio and his 420 issues.... :tt03:

SoCalFan
12-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Until Wallace catches a Superbowl winning catch,oh forget it,I will still take Wallace!Besides,Santonio brings a whole new definition to super-BOWL!!!!!

austinfrench76
12-21-2010, 10:52 PM
WALLACE! Has never had an issue with fumbles, which cost us games in Holmes early years or drops which cost us a game last year (Chicago).

SH-Rock
12-21-2010, 11:00 PM
One more extra thing I'd like to add. Wallace has been making game saving plays since last year. Santonio, well it took him a while.

caseyviator
12-22-2010, 10:23 AM
i really wish we could have both...is -was that even possible...i dont know maybe sum of you do...i think it was a bad desicion to let him go unless we absolutely had to!! again i dont know if this was possible if it was i think it was a tremendous mistake!!

Pentheon
12-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Another thing I like about him, he doesn't show boat like holmes does all the time when he gets a first down or a big catch...hes smart.

Fire Arians
12-22-2010, 03:03 PM
wallace, has a much better attitude and i like his work ethic.

work ethic + talent = greatness