PDA

View Full Version : Holmes delay of game penalty no-call

finesward
12-21-2010, 10:27 AM
It might not technically be a penalty, but did anyone else see when holmes made a catch for a first down, the ref is standing there 5 ft away from him holding his hands out for the ball and holmes does his gay little first down move where he points first down and then drops the ball? I hated it when he did it here, I hated it even more when he did it against us. Act like you've done it before and give the ball to the ref. Hell even sanders, a rookie, has more class then holmes.

grward
12-21-2010, 03:23 PM
To make it even worse, I saw him do that TWO times, one time there was an offensive holding penalty negating the first down and the second was a yard short of the marker. That just made me LMAO! What a d*^ch bag!

MattsMe
12-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Hines Ward usually signals first down to celebrate his catches. :noidea:

Shea
12-21-2010, 04:19 PM

Hines' celebration is more of a motivational display to me. A way of saying, "c'mon guys, let's kick ass and get something going here."

Santonio's just makes him look like a stupid ass.

Shea
12-21-2010, 04:22 PM
And I believe it's only a penalty if the ball is spiked?

MattsMe
12-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Santonio's just makes him look like a stupid ass.

I would have to agree with that.

finesward
12-21-2010, 04:23 PM

Disagree. He might give the first down signal now and then, but almost always leaves the ball on the ground. Typically he just jogs back to the line. Holmes drops the ball like a douche...

I just watched 3 pages worth of hines highlights on NFL.com and have yet to find one where he shows the first down signal. He leaves the ball on the ground in almost everyone that I watched...

For ex.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80e37ee9/Hines-Ward-Highlight-WK-20-vs-Ravens-2008
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b927ce/Ward-makes-great-catch