PDA

View Full Version : Please No Bye

Hayeksheroes
12-21-2010, 03:14 PM
A bye means one less game for the Steelers. If the Steelers don't get a bye, that means they'll play 4 games instead of 3. That is assuming the Steelers go to the Superbowl. Yeah, its a harder road, but so what. I'd like to watch them play.

I still want them to win out for the season. Am I wrong?

Fire Haley
12-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Our 2 best players on defense can come back healthy to play with an extra weeks rest.

I'll take Aaron Smith and Troy's coming back healthy over your selfish wants.

Steel_Bus_24
12-21-2010, 03:21 PM
ehh hell no to that request

No team in the AFC this year is winning 3 games to get to the SB

We needto get Troy and A.Smith healthy

StainlessStill
12-21-2010, 03:24 PM
A bye means one less game for the Steelers. If the Steelers don't get a bye, that means they'll play 4 games instead of 3. That is assuming the Steelers go to the Superbowl. Yeah, its a harder road, but so what. I'd like to watch them play.

You're out of your mind dude. Go try saying that to an actual player and they'll slap you upside your head. We need that BYE more than ANY of the AFC teams in playoff contention right now.

steelerchad
12-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Teams that have the bye win there divisional playoff game like 74% of the time. Partly because they're probably the better team and partly because they're well rested, well prepared, and healthy.

I'll take the bye.
Plus having the bye means your divisional game will be at home and you have a fair chance at the AFC championship game at home. Not having the bye means we're on the road the whole playoffs.

Atlanta Dan
12-21-2010, 03:26 PM

You also must like to watch them lose

The best player on the team is nursing a leg injury, the team is one of the oldest in the league, and only 2 teams (2005 Steelers/2007 Giants) have won the SB as a wild card

If this team does not get a bye IMO they go out the first weeknd of the playoffs. They really need time off.

fakingmysuicide
12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm a lurker, and I created this account solely for the purpose of telling you Yes, yes you are very wrong.

plenewken
12-21-2010, 03:43 PM
You're completely wrong and since you like to watch them play, get TIVO and watch one of their games a second time.

thumper
12-21-2010, 03:45 PM
This team is being held together with duct tape and paper clips, and
you want to see them have to play an additional game without a bye week?
Beyond retarded.

MasterOfPuppets
12-21-2010, 03:55 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-sotw.gif

PhantomJB93
12-21-2010, 03:59 PM
We NEED a bye. Im sorry, this season WILL NOT end with a Lombardi if we have to play through 4 postseason games. As good as this team is, we are simply not healthy/young enough to last that long. This is not 2006 when we had a healthy Oline and all of our key players were MUCH younger...

You may get more games sooner that way, but you will not get more games overall and I can promise you that.

steelerohio
12-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I agree with the we need a bye crowd...

Hayeksheroes
12-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I get your point about being healthy. I'm just saying all things being equal, I'd like an extra game. I'm in favor of an 18 game season.

Stlrs4Life
12-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Our 2 best players on defense can come back healthy to play with an extra weeks rest.

I'll take Aaron Smith and Troy's coming back healthy over your selfish wants.

What Killer said. The extra weeks rest will do this team good.

MDSteel15
12-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Is this a real question? :doh:

Atlanta Dan
12-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I get your point about being healthy. I'm just saying all things being equal, I'd like an extra game. I'm in favor of an 18 game season.

Roger Goodell also wants 18 games - be careful of guilt by association:chuckle:

You will get more games with an 18 game season but less quality - IMO playing 16 games + 4 potential playoff games for a wild card team already puts players over the edge in terms of breaking down

A longer season means less seasons in most players' careers and more games with backups on the field as starters

I prefer quality over quantity but to each his own:drink:

SoCalFan
12-21-2010, 04:21 PM

Sorry dude...:bash:

Shea
12-21-2010, 04:26 PM
A bye would be extremely beneficial. We've got a seriously banged up team.

If we don't get it, then I still see us kicking ass though. :tt02:

Fire Arians
12-21-2010, 04:33 PM
we need troy back healthy, the bye will make that possible. without him we're done.

sure we most likely can beat the likes of carolina and cleveland without him, but the playoff teams are a much different story.

SH-Rock
12-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Our team is arguably the oldest in the league and a bye is crucial for us to continue.

saveus1011
12-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Yep, we don't need a bye. Just like we should trade Ben Roethlisberger, because Charlie Batch is a much more viable option. I also think we should keep Bruce Arians and Ben holds onto the ball too long, and is meh and...

Yeah, I can't do this.

tony hipchest
12-21-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm a lurker, and I created this account solely for the purpose of telling you Yes, yes you are very wrong.

:sofunny::thumbsup::drink: :applaudit: :hatsoff: :tt03:

one of the best posts ever. pretty cool screen name as well...

Fire Haley
12-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Dear Tony: Did the retard bus overturn here on our corner again?

Where did all these window-lickers come from?

tony hipchest
12-22-2010, 12:35 AM
:chuckle:

its like when you go to the zoo...

one of the most entertaining parts is watching monkeys flinging poo.

Co63vQYx9-g&feature=related

im just glad i am no longer threatened with a ban for using the word "retard"

:hunch:

Wallace108
12-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Where did all these window-lickers come from?

I thought I came alone. :noidea:

Wallace108
12-22-2010, 02:14 AM
im just glad i am no longer threatened with a ban for using the word "retard"

http://smiliesftw.com/x/slap_1.gif

Hayeksheroes
12-22-2010, 08:39 AM
You could rest the starters now and get ready for the playoffs.

MikeHaullace
12-22-2010, 02:56 PM

Instant lol. :toofunny:

Goldsteel86
12-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Dude r u f*****g serious, lets see Ben bad foot, broken nose, Smith a week or two away from coming back, Troy badly in need of rest, Hines concussion earlier in the year, Heath, concussion missed last two games, etc, etc, etc, etc........... We have one of the oldest teams, rest man, rest for God sakes they need to rest the extra week. I do have to ask one thing, is it true "If you build it they will come"? Here it is if they rest with a bye all the others have to come, to the Burgh that is!!!!!!

ricardisimo
12-22-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure if he understands that what he's asking is for the Steelers to lose to the Panthers and/or Browns, two of the worst teams in the league. I guess watching that will be fun for him. :noidea: