PDA

View Full Version : What is your biggest pet peeve?

HburgXL06
04-10-2006, 07:45 PM
What is your biggest pet peeve? Mine are:

1) People who wear sandals all the time. It doesn't matter if it's raining, snowing, going to the Ritz they always are wearing flip-flops. It's disgustin to me because a) some peoples feet aren't pretty enough to be exposed in public b) their feet get grimy and nasty and as soon as they get to a place where they are sittin they want to take them off and their feet are like black 3) God invented Nikes for a reason. If Jesus could have rocked a pair of Air Force Ones I'm sure he would have.

2) People who take a shit (sorry ladies for bein crude) and not washing their hands. That to me is just real disgustin and an easy way to spread illness.

3) One I never thought of until 10 minutes ago. I was in our dorm bathroom and I heard someone in the other stall. (our bathroom is like a public bathroom with 5 toilet stalls on one side and 5 shower stalls on the other and 5 sinks at the front) I didn't think nothin of it he was "doin his business as I could tell. Then I heard this bag rustling sound and munching. Then I smelled barbeque chips. Apparently this guy was eating chips while takin a shit. Never knew people thought that was okay but apparently it is so for this person. It disgusted me though. Sorry if you didn't want to hear that if you want me to remove this part let me know. Peace.

BuFu

Mr. Clean
04-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Pet peeve - people who, when in the parking lot (usually at Wal-Mart, but could be anywhere) put the car in reverse and just hit the gas with out looking behind them first. An old lady in a Mercedes almost took out the side of my Explorer today.

tony hipchest
04-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Pet peeve - people who, when in the parking lot (usually at Wal-Mart, but could be anywhere) put the car in reverse and just hit the gas with out looking behind them first. An old lady in a Mercedes almost took out the side of my Explorer today.

how bout someone who will sit there for 3- 5 minutes, waiting for a car to leave, rather than park 10 spaces further away and walking the extra 30 paces?

3 to be 4
04-10-2006, 09:45 PM
What is your biggest pet peeve? Mine are:

1) People who wear sandals all the time. It doesn't matter if it's raining, snowing, going to the Ritz they always are wearing flip-flops. It's disgustin to me because a) some peoples feet aren't pretty enough to be exposed in public b) their feet get grimy and nasty and as soon as they get to a place where they are sittin they want to take them off and their feet are like black 3) God invented Nikes for a reason. If Jesus could have rocked a pair of Air Force Ones I'm sure he would have.

2) People who take a shit (sorry ladies for bein crude) and not washing their hands. That to me is just real disgustin and an easy way to spread illness.

3) One I never thought of until 10 minutes ago. I was in our dorm bathroom and I heard someone in the other stall. (our bathroom is like a public bathroom with 5 toilet stalls on one side and 5 shower stalls on the other and 5 sinks at the front) I didn't think nothin of it he was "doin his business as I could tell. Then I heard this bag rustling sound and munching. Then I smelled barbeque chips. Apparently this guy was eating chips while takin a shit. Never knew people thought that was okay but apparently it is so for this person. It disgusted me though. Sorry if you didn't want to hear that if you want me to remove this part let me know. Peace.

BuFu

I worked at a Human Service Agency in Boston a few years back and one day a found an empty sandwich bag on the floor in front of the toilet. Evidently someone had their lunch while doing their business. So I wrote an all staff email pointing this out and adding the thought that since people were so busy that they needed to dine in the rest rooms than perhaps we should provide a condiment table next to the sink so that people could have ketchup, mustard, relish, onions etc..

CantStop85
04-10-2006, 09:53 PM
how bout someone who will sit there for 3- 5 minutes, waiting for a car to leave, rather than park 10 spaces further away and walking the extra 30 paces?
Or how about a person who will spot you getting into your car and sit there for a minute waiting on your spot and honk at you if you're not moving fast enough for them. A guy did that to me at Wal-Mart the other day, I turned the car off, got out and locked it and walked right back into the store for no other reason than to piss off the guy sitting there waiting. :boxing:

tony hipchest
04-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Or how about a person who will spot you getting into your car and sit there for a minute waiting on your spot and honk at you if you're not moving fast enough for them. A guy did that to me at Wal-Mart the other day, I turned the car off, got out and locked it and walked right back into the store for no other reason than to piss off the guy sitting there waiting. :boxing::sofunny: good move! i usually just take eeeeextra long getting my seatbelt on cause id hate to walk the extra 30 paces twice! it might actually kill me. frickin wal-mart parking hounds!

HburgXL06
04-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Or how about a person who will spot you getting into your car and sit there for a minute waiting on your spot and honk at you if you're not moving fast enough for them. A guy did that to me at Wal-Mart the other day, I turned the car off, got out and locked it and walked right back into the store for no other reason than to piss off the guy sitting there waiting. :boxing:

Lol smart move. I like that one. I'd prolly be more obnoxious and get out the car and stare at him til he left, but it's never happened to me. Why is it that people are so lazy they can't get their lazy asses to walk a few more feet? Peace.

BuFu

MasterOfPuppets
04-11-2006, 02:24 AM
givin my level of road rage...i'd have to say people driving to slow in the hammer lane.:mad:

pucho58
04-11-2006, 06:27 AM
What about when a car is pulling out of a parking and you are the next one in line for that parking spot because you were waiting for it then out of no where an a**hole pulls right in to that spot knowing dam well you were waiting for that parking space:mad:

Ambridge
04-11-2006, 07:04 AM
People who are driving slower than everyone else because they are too busy yammering on their damn cell phones.

I can't go no more than a day without seeing and experiencing it (particularly on I-95 in Virginia)it really burns my ass.

melroseplace
04-11-2006, 07:14 AM
my #1 pet peeve is definitely when people talk/chew with their mouths open...ugh that bothers me so bad

#2 is probably when someone pulls out in front of me then goes under the speed limit. obviously they're in no hurry so why not just wait to pull out behind me? I'm normally a peaceful person but I've been known to get frustrated easily with slow drivers

steelerdude
04-11-2006, 08:15 AM
As you can see, I have several:

1. People who have to sit right next to me, or behind me, even though there are plenty of other seats open further away.

2. When I'm walking down a hallway in a building and someone speed walks right up behind me and stays there within 2-3 feet.

3. Cell phone ring tones.

4. People who talk on cell phones while driving.

5. When a cell phone rings in a movie theater.

6. When someone posts a new thread and ends the subject line with "...". For example: "what do you think about..." and "Am I the only one who..." Just type in THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' SUBJECT for cryin' out loud! Jeez!!!

7. People who type ALL IN CAPS.

24~show your love~43
04-11-2006, 11:35 AM
people in general!!!!!! people tend to be stupid and for what reason i am unaware!!!

beSteelmyheart
04-11-2006, 08:18 PM
I have alot of pet peeves-for now I'll leave out the driving ones, since they've been mentioned, but have to say...
Get off the damned phone & drive!!!

1. I hate people who get up in my face to talk to me..don't they have any concept of another's personal space? Like as in, keep it at arm's length, moron.

2. I hate dirty neighbors. Keep the slobbiness inside, I don't want to see your dirty shoes, coolers, fishing rods & assorted garbage outside of your door to greet me when I come home from work everyday, alright? Clean it up, & don't use my garbage can while you're at it, go buy your own. Yep, & mine's the one with the BIG number painted on the side, do you see it now, you stupid bi#ch?

3. I hate people who see animals as disposible, throwaway objects. "oh, well excuse me, you friggin idiot, don't ya think you should have considered bringing a large dog into your tiny apartment after you checked it with the landlord, & after you realized he would live for at least the next 10 years & after you found out you'd actually have to take care of it? Hey, let's euthanize you instead, you"re a friggin waste of oxygen, not the animal!!"

4. Neighbors constantly barking dogs. What I want to know is why do people bring dogs into their lives only to throw the poor things outside, ignore then into a state of neurosis only to aggravate the neighbors who don't want to hear it at the end of a work day? Do these idiots just sit in their livingrooms, watching tv, oblivious to this horrible repetitive noise that makes certain neighbors want to scream? Hey jerk off, I want to enjoy my evening movie, too.. do something with your damned barking dog!! I guess this pet peeve can go w/#3.

That's it for now, I'm sure I'll think of more as this thread goes on..shouldn't have got me started!:ak47:

MattsMe
04-12-2006, 01:09 AM
people in general!!!!!! people tend to be stupid and for what reason i am unaware!!!

I've been trying to think of my biggest pet peeve since I first saw this thread. You nailed it.

clevestinks
04-12-2006, 11:26 AM
People who drive under the speed limit! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

HburgXL06
04-12-2006, 12:51 PM
I've thought up this idea for a "commuter assault vehicle" that takes a regular car and custom fabricate a forklift front onto the front of the car. It can be either hidden underneath the engine compartment or wrapped around the front bumper and hood to double as a ram guard like police units have. With either configuration the forklift can be lowered to a level below the car drivin slowly in front of you and then liftin hydrallically up until the other car's rear wheels are lifted above the ground. At this point the driver of the "CAV" can push the other car at whatever speed they wish to go. Once traffic clears up the CAV driver can wag their car until the car that is lifted breaks free of the forklift arms and spins out to the side of the road. The vehicle could also come with addition side rams in addition to extra side panelling reinforcement. High speed hydrallic rams could be mounted in the vehicle hidden in the B pillar and possibly in the front seatbacks. Both side panels (think where the two side doors would be) would have an extra loose layer of strong metal that would be attached to the hydrallic rams and then could push other cars on the side of the vehicle out of the way in traffic. It's a dream. It would in no way be legal in the US or possibly any other civilized nation but it would make a great Monster Garage project. Peace.

BuFu

Ambridge
04-12-2006, 03:21 PM
How about when you're in line at a 7-11, Wawa or other conveinance store and you're in a hurry and someone who's only buying one or two items(usually a drink and a newspaper)that cost less than two dollars wants to write a check or use a credit card??

Suitanim
04-12-2006, 03:41 PM
How about when you're in line at a 7-11, Wawa or other conveinance store and you're in a hurry and someone who's only buying one or two items(usually a drink and a newspaper)that cost less than two dollars wants to write a check or use a credit card??

When "The Dude" writes a check for .71 for some cream for his coffee, while wearing his robe and some slippers in the movie "The Big Lebowski", beer shot out my nose.

But it does remind me of a pet peeve. Old women at the grocery store, who stand there letting the cashier ring up the groceries, then bag the groceries, and then finally, when the whole thing is done and the cashier gives the old lady the total, only then will the old bag open her purse and pull out her checkbook.

Before self check-out, I bet I lost at least a month off my life standing in line behind these 9,000 year old walking mummies.

tony hipchest
04-12-2006, 05:12 PM
people who pronounce the word NEGOTIATE as

"ne-go-see-ate" instead of the proper "ne-go-she-ate"

(espn's john clayton)- he only gets a pass cause he usually knows his stuff and is a steelerfan.

83-Steelers-43
04-12-2006, 05:18 PM
This is just one......

When I'm in line that stretches to Texas at a grocery store and there are twenty different check out registers and only two people working them.

beSteelmyheart
04-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I live in Florida & constantly have to deal with these slow driving old lizards in their Mercury Grand Marquis & Buick Lesabres, wearing their dark wrap around sunglasses, cruising along in the faster lanes like they were out on a Sunday drive in their Model T.
See my pictures of Bill in my sig? That's me, behind the wheel!

Ohio Steeler
04-12-2006, 06:15 PM
My biggest pet peeve is when I get on the interstate and someone is in the fast lane running 10 miles per hour slower then the posted speed.

If you cant drive get off the road it is that easy

MasterOfPuppets
04-12-2006, 06:52 PM
anyone ever shoveled out a parking place,leave for a little while,and come back to find someone else parked in it? a couple years ago i went ballistic on a nieghbor for that. we had like 18 inches of snow,and i spent well over an hour cleaning out my parking spot. i left for less than 15 minutes ,and came back to find a nieghbor,who i didn't like anyway ,took my spot. i went over and beat on his door,and commenced to calling him every name in the book,and told him i strongly recommend he move his car because i didn't mind going to jail,to get my point across....he moved it.:boxing:

clevestinks
04-12-2006, 07:21 PM
How about waiting 20 minutes in line for fast food?

clevestinks
04-12-2006, 07:22 PM
I've thought up this idea for a "commuter assault vehicle" that takes a regular car and custom fabricate a forklift front onto the front of the car. It can be either hidden underneath the engine compartment or wrapped around the front bumper and hood to double as a ram guard like police units have. With either configuration the forklift can be lowered to a level below the car drivin slowly in front of you and then liftin hydrallically up until the other car's rear wheels are lifted above the ground. At this point the driver of the "CAV" can push the other car at whatever speed they wish to go. Once traffic clears up the CAV driver can wag their car until the car that is lifted breaks free of the forklift arms and spins out to the side of the road. The vehicle could also come with addition side rams in addition to extra side panelling reinforcement. High speed hydrallic rams could be mounted in the vehicle hidden in the B pillar and possibly in the front seatbacks. Both side panels (think where the two side doors would be) would have an extra loose layer of strong metal that would be attached to the hydrallic rams and then could push other cars on the side of the vehicle out of the way in traffic. It's a dream. It would in no way be legal in the US or possibly any other civilized nation but it would make a great Monster Garage project. Peace.

BuFu
I `ll take one !!!

HburgXL06
04-12-2006, 08:32 PM
I `ll take one !!!

[Confirmed]: 1 order for Commuter Assault Vehicle

[Projected Delivery Date]: Undeterminable

I'll put up some rough sketches if I get the time. Peace.

BuFu