PDA

View Full Version : In the spirit of things...

finesward
12-21-2010, 10:27 PM
How does everyone feel about the steelers going after steve smith if the panthers are willing to take a 2nd rounder or a combination of some sort. With ward one step closer to the end of his game smith could be an instant replacement. As bad as I want hines to stay he won't be around much longer...same with farrior. Smith is 31, so we could get at least a three year deal from him. He wants to go to a contender. Just sayin... :sofunny: Wallace, Smith, Sanders would be a very deadly combo.

LVSteelersfan
12-21-2010, 10:32 PM
We don't need more old players on this team. Smith cannot even stay on the field the past few years. Why would the Steelers want an old washed up player like him? Now if it was Steve Smith from the Giants I would say go for it. We have a lot more needs on this team than in the WR position.

StainlessStill
12-21-2010, 10:32 PM
How does everyone feel about the steelers going after steve smith if the panthers are willing to take a 2nd rounder or a combination of some sort. With ward one step closer to the end of his game smith could be an instant replacement. As bad as I want hines to stay he won't be around much longer...same with farrior. Smith is 31, so we could get at least a three year deal from him. He wants to go to a contender. Just sayin... :sofunny: Wallace, Smith, Sanders would be a very deadly combo.

We're already going after Randy Moss and Terrell Owens this off-season.

Fire Arians
12-22-2010, 12:48 AM
i'll take sanders over smith at this point in their careers. sanders will be HUGE in the upcoming years, bank on it.

tony hipchest
12-22-2010, 01:22 AM
if we hire tory holt, steve smith, TO, and randy moss, i bet we could ditch ben roethlisberger (and sweed).

i bet a juggs machine would get sacked less.

finesward
12-22-2010, 08:58 AM
We don't need more old players on this team. Smith cannot even stay on the field the past few years. Why would the Steelers want an old washed up player like him? Now if it was Steve Smith from the Giants I would say go for it. We have a lot more needs on this team than in the WR position.

Hakeem nicks just had knee surgery, steve smith has played every game this year :noidea:

caseyviator
12-22-2010, 09:11 AM
WE DONT NEED RECIEVERS, WE need defensive backs and o lineman..

finesward
12-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Arians, no one is saying cut sanders... I just think without hines there would be no veteran guy there to fill his place. Unless your happy with randle el staying a steeler a few more years....no thanks. I'll take smith over randle el anyday. Smith has sure hands, is still pretty quick, catches everything thrown to him, and most importantly is a good blocker like hines.YJMzYgJvHOU

I know we have other needs, but if we can get him on the cheap I think it's worth it.

finesward
12-22-2010, 09:30 AM
WE DONT NEED RECIEVERS, WE need defensive backs and o lineman..

We can't go after any solid DB's or O-lineman for the simple fact there just aren't enough good ones out there. However we can go after a good WR to fill hines shoes. We are winning this year with the DB's and o-line we have now. We aren't going to find anyone in the draft from the later rounds that can contribute right away, so get used to who we have back there cause it's gonna be a hot minute before anyone is ready to start. Look at kenan lewis and mundy, you really think drafting them late was the answer? Lets trade one of those picks away and get someone who can step in now and lead a young WR corps. Who do you think will step up? Arnez battle? SWEED? :sofunny:

Indo
12-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Rex Grossman should be available in the off-season, too. I say we let Poppa Charlie go and pick him up...

finesward
12-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Apparently we are content with byron leftwich being the guy. Now what about poor dennis dixon? He's probably looking at his last year with us, which is a shame given his athleticism.

SH-Rock
12-22-2010, 11:04 AM
I think we should have more work on our current receivers than get an old one. Maybe we can draft a receiver late in the draft.

finesward
12-23-2010, 07:51 AM
All i'm sayin' is that if hines hangs it up this year or next we are going to have a very young WR corps with no veteran presence at all. Unless we keep el, but he doesn't seem like a guy who will fill hines' shoes. We still have sweed signed I believe, give him one more year to prove he belongs instead of drafting another guy and bring in smith to instantly contribute. Can never have too many good WR's IMO Smith would bring some veteran leadership and attitude that hines has provided for years now