PDA

View Full Version : Our RB situation could be quite interesting next season

BlitzburghRockCity
04-26-2005, 06:12 PM
With Jerome seeming to be coming back for 1 last try,and Verron just signed to a 1 yr deal. We could be looking at the next offseason with nothing (experience wise) behind Duce but Parker. So next season off season could be kinda interesting RB wise for us. We did pick one up on sunday in Day 2 of the draft, so we'll see how he pans out.

KILLERSteelers77
04-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Noah Herron Grade: 3.51
Position: FB
Class: Sr
School: Northwestern
Conference: Big Ten
Ht., Wt.: 5-11, 224
40 Time: 4.74
Selected by: Pittsburgh Steelers
Round 7, pick 30 (244 overall) Grading System

BIO: Moved into the starting lineup as a senior, leading the team in rushing with 274/1,381/5 to go with 36/351/1 as a pass catcher. Shared the ball with Jason Wright as a junior, yet still posted 739 yards rushing with five scores.

POSITIVES: Good-sized ballcarrier with solid running intangibles. Keeps driving forward displaying strength in his lower body and a punishing runner between tackles who picks up yardage off initial contact. Works to finish runs and always giving top effort. Also patient, waits for blocks to develop and immediately finds the running lanes. Solid receiver out of the backfield, extending his hands to catch the ball away from his frame.

NEGATIVES: Lacks speed and agility around the corner. Not an elusive runner who can immediately change direction or make defenders miss. Must pick up all aspects of his blocking.

ANALYSIS: An offensive threat as a ballcarrier or pass catcher, Herron's ultimate NFL position could be at fullback. Has potential as a triple-threat player, yet must quickly improve all of his blocking skills as well as intensity.

PROJECTION: Early Fourth Round

2004 Receiving Statistics
Receptions Receiving Yards Yards Reception Touchdowns
36 351 9.8 1

2004 Rushing Statistics
Rushing Yards Attempts Average Rush Touchdowns
1381 274 5 14

Not real Fast, maybe bettis type back... hope he pans out

Ironman
04-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I haven't seen Kay-Jay Harris of West Virginia picked up yet. That would be a nice UDFA acquisition.

Prosdo
04-26-2005, 10:54 PM
I have been hearing a lot about Kay-Jay. I was also hearing some people expected us to draft him. I was surprised he wasn't one of the 12 draft free agents we picked up the other day. Do we know if the Steelers are pursuing him or is it more of people wanting him here?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Yeah, I really like Noah, and I think he's got a good chance of making the team, depending on how many backs we keep. but if nothing else, he should make the practice squad.

steelerlaw24
04-27-2005, 12:05 PM
herron has had a decent college career(NU's leading rusher) and if i remember correctly he does come up big in big games.... osu and michigan i think

Prosdo
04-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Anyone got any clips of Herron?

ironcitychef
04-27-2005, 02:51 PM
With Batch signing a one year deal, it makes yet another FA next season, so its just not the RB's that could lose depth. I think we have a great mind set. We tell all players, look we get 85 million and like 53 slots. You want a slice of the pie, step up this year and we can sign you to a longer deal with the money we save from letting the non productive/one year deals go. Makes for a very competitive atmosphere. Plus it puts the ball in the players court. We are not keeping anyone cause we have so much money tied up in them. We only want you if you are going to produce.

acrossthepond
04-27-2005, 04:12 PM
KayJay Signed a 2 year UDFA deal with someone. . . think it was Miami (who've also got Chad Brown's kid brother)

acrossthepond
04-27-2005, 04:16 PM
All on one page . . . check it out.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=1501&videoID=610

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2005, 04:46 PM
I still think batch is just an insurance policy from now till the end of camp, to see how st. pierre does again.

clevestinks
04-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Blitz, i do believe your right, but he could be signed to also see how Tommy does, just a thought

HinesWard4Life8682
04-27-2005, 05:58 PM
i think its gonna be the same as before with duece and bettis sharing and haynes doing 3rd downs and shotgun