PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison, get your checkbook ready...

MikeHaullace
12-22-2010, 04:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6Ctd9.gif

I have a feeling most of you didn't see this in the highlight reel as it was overshadowed the very next play by opening score that put the Browns up 7-0.

Discuss.

4xSBChamps
12-22-2010, 07:50 AM
... when is Ms. Goodell going-to finally suspend James Harrison for hits like this???

:noidea:

truesteelerfan
12-22-2010, 10:04 PM
... when is Ms. Goodell going-to finally suspend James Harrison for hits like this???

Sorry but you sound like a moron- king goodell should never consider suspending Harrison- he's not a dirty player any more than any other player on a good aggressive defensive team. Goodell can go screw himself- 92 is playing the exact same way this year as he did when he won Def MVP award 2 years ago.

MikeHaullace
12-22-2010, 10:21 PM
I guess my point is more so this :

*ahem*

WHY IN THE HELL IS THIS PLAY NOT BEING FINED???

Am I missing something?

MattsMe
12-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Sorry but you sound like a moron- king goodell should never consider suspending Harrison- he's not a dirty player any more than any other player on a good aggressive defensive team. Goodell can go screw himself- 92 is playing the exact same way this year as he did when he won Def MVP award 2 years ago.

:doh:

Did you really miss the joke?

lionslicer
12-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Because he jumped and there was no way he could stop himself from comming down like that??? lol

Well thats the truth, but if Harrison did that you know he'd be like hung

MikeHaullace
12-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Because he jumped and there was no way he could stop himself from comming down like that??? lo

Goodell made himself very clear when he said defensive players are accountable for any and all contact when tackling, regardless of ability to adjust.

jjpro11
12-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Because he jumped and there was no way he could stop himself from comming down like that??? lol

Well thats the truth, but if Harrison did that you know he'd be like hung

i see a launch at a defenseless player. same damn thing they got Clark for. despite this, i believe Goodell has made it very clear how fines are handed out in this league.

1. if a Steelers defender hits someone - FINE
2. hit on Tom Brady or Peyton Manning - FINE
3. if a player stays down after getting hit - FINE
4. hit on a Steelers offensive player - NO FINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

tony hipchest
12-23-2010, 01:29 AM
i see a launch at a defenseless player. same damn thing they got Clark for. despite this, i believe Goodell has made it very clear how fines are handed out in this league.

1. if a Steelers defender hits someone - FINE
2. hit on Tom Brady or Peyton Manning - FINE
3. if a player stays down after getting hit - FINE
4. hit on a Steelers offensive player - NO FINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

pretty much... but to make it less obvious, the league DID fine 2 ravens for unpenalized hits on steelers offensive players in our last match-up.

same difference as a "make up flag". it was well worth the unpenalized fine the ravens defender took to knock heath miller out of last weeks game vs the jets.

he probably gets a bonus at the end of the year.

:banging: (miller catches passes that spaeth drops, which is why one is the starter and the other only has 5 career td's).

lionslicer
12-23-2010, 01:41 AM
Goodell made himself very clear when he said defensive players are accountable for any and all contact when tackling, regardless of ability to adjust.

I was being sarcastic since Goodell makes up his own rules that don't corellate with real word physics

4xSBChamps
12-23-2010, 07:02 AM
:doh:

Did you really miss the joke?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/ZANG.jpg

truesteelerfan
12-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Guess that teaches me to comment on something w/o watching the attached video- i just saw the thread title, read the first 2 posts and am fed up w/ king goodell. My mistake

finesward
12-24-2010, 07:51 PM
was fined 15k

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d2aa2e/article/falcons-biermann-fined-15k-in-latest-wave-of-nfl-sanctions?module=HP_headlines

finesward
12-24-2010, 07:55 PM
What I don't get is Urlacher had his second infraction and was docked just 10k. Jamie Harrison's fine for his second infraction was 70k more than his fine for first infraction.

Urlacher 2nd infraction - 10k
Harrison 2nd infraction - 75k

GIMME A BREAK!! Anyone who thinks it was just because of harrison's comments...urlacher called goodell a dictator openly on NFL network. Still only 10k. He put harrison on notice, when harrison bucked and said I'm not changing, i'm going to go out and hurt people...BAM 75k second infraction and bringing up possible suspensions. Notice how silverback has kept his mouth shut since then....