PDA

View Full Version : Rod Woodson Doesn't Like Jerome Bettis?

Third Rail
12-22-2010, 08:11 PM
I was just watching NFL Network and they were discussing the Top 10 Steelers show that's on this Friday. Rod Woodson said he doesn't think that Jerome Bettis will get into the Hall of Fame, but Hines Ward will.

I was wondering why he would say that. I always figured Bettis was a shoe-in with his production, plus what he meant to the team and the fan base. Is there some bad blood between Ron and Jerome? Or between Jerome and the league or the team? I know Bettis criticized the Steelers play a bit last year, but I mean, come on. It was well deserved. The team was a mess for a good chunk of 2009. Is there something else I don't know about here?

PhantomJB93
12-22-2010, 08:30 PM
I was just watching NFL Network and they were discussing the Top 10 Steelers show that's on this Friday. Rod Woodson said he doesn't think that Jerome Bettis will get into the Hall of Fame, but Hines Ward will.

I was wondering why he would say that. I always figured Bettis was a shoe-in with his production, plus what he meant to the team and the fan base. Is there some bad blood between Ron and Jerome? Or between Jerome and the league or the team? I know Bettis criticized the Steelers play a bit last year, but I mean, come on. It was well deserved. The team was a mess for a good chunk of 2009. Is there something else I don't know about here?

The only reason I can think of is there are a crapton of HOF-worthy running backs eligible to go in around the same time as the Bus, so he might get the shaft for guys like Curtis Martin, Marshall Faulk, etc....personally, I dont think that should really matter though.

jizzballz
12-22-2010, 08:47 PM
i never liked woodson, he thought he was the best, ed reed rapes him in talent and ability

MikeHaullace
12-22-2010, 09:26 PM
i never liked woodson, he thought he was the best, ed reed rapes him in talent and ability

That's because he *was* the best until Barry Sanders juked him out of his jockstrap.

He never was the same after that.

Fire Arians
12-22-2010, 09:53 PM
That's because he *was* the best until Barry Sanders juked him out of his jockstrap.

He never was the same after that.

even then, he was still an awesome safety. i just hate that he had good seasons with teams i hated after he left the steelers (49ers and baltimore, cant stand either)

steeltheone
12-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Yes losing Woodson was one mistake that we made!

wootawnee
12-23-2010, 03:21 AM
He only played with Jerome for 1 year.....Then he was on the Raven's for 4 years.......So I bet he has some bad feelings for the big guy........Wouldnt you if you had to tackle him?.......

Whodis
12-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Yes losing Woodson was one mistake that we made!

I know letting him go had a little to do with money, but didn't he get pissed when they asked him to move to safety?

MDSteel15
12-23-2010, 08:39 AM

You are nuts!

MDSteel15
12-23-2010, 08:42 AM
even then, he was still an awesome safety. i just hate that he had good seasons with teams i hated after he left the steelers (49ers and baltimore, cant stand either)

He wasn't even a safety until his career was half over! He was the best corner and return guy in the game! Sanders can kiss my azz because Rod would at least hit you...

SteeleReign
12-23-2010, 08:46 AM

I watched the same show. He didn't say that Jerome wouldn't make the HOF; he said the Jerome wouldn't make the Top 10 Steelers of All Time list because of all the HOFers already on the list.

TRH
12-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Woodson got burnt so much i used to just call him "toast". I never understood that "greatest player" tag.
I would think Bettis is a ridiculous shoe-in for the HOF.

Third Rail
12-23-2010, 11:37 AM
I watched the same show. He didn't say that Jerome wouldn't make the HOF; he said the Jerome wouldn't make the Top 10 Steelers of All Time list because of all the HOFers already on the list.

Sorry, yeah I think you're right. I misunderstood. Still, I think Jerome makes that list, if only in the #10 spot.

SoCalFan
12-23-2010, 12:03 PM
I was traumatized when Rod left,I ripped down my LIGHTNING ROD poster!!!:banging:.I simply think there should be a top 20 list for the Steelers,we just have too much history,top 10 lists are for most of the other teams in the league,top 5 for some like the Lions and the Bungles!:toofunny:

Third Rail
12-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I was traumatized when Rod left,I ripped down my LIGHTNING ROD poster!!!:banging:.I simply think there should be a top 20 list for the Steelers,we just have too much history,top 10 lists are for most of the other teams in the league,top 5 for some like the Lions and the Bungles!:toofunny:

The Bengals suck so bad that their Top 10 List actually goes from 11 to 20. That seems to defy reality, but we couldn't actually find 10 Bengals that were considered the best, even by their own low standards.

stb_steeler
12-23-2010, 12:37 PM

Exactly.....why wouldnt 5th time rusher not make it to HOF.....

steelerjim58
12-23-2010, 01:02 PM

IMO, if you actually mean this, you should never discuss football again. Because clearly you have little to no knowledge of the game.

As for Bettis, I think we all became so enamored of seeing such a big man look so nimble around the line of scrimmage that we saw him as better than he actually was. He only has 2-3 what I would consider hof seasons. As much as I hate to say it I honestly don'e believe he should be in the hall.

lionslicer
12-23-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't think Bettis will be first ballot HOFer... But when you really look at it, he averaged under 4 yards per carry, he only got so many yards and touchdowns by staying inthe game past his prime... Though he got lucky to start in 2004 and showed he still had some game left in him after some really lackluster seasons. I really doubt he'll be on the top 10 Steelers list.

lionslicer
12-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Woodson got burnt so much i used to just call him "toast". I never understood that "greatest player" tag. I would think Bettis is a ridiculous shoe-in for the HOF.

Yet everyone still thinks he's better than Deion...

lionslicer
12-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Everyone's being a bunch of band wagon hoppers. Rod says one thing, and you all turn on him like he whiped his ass with the terrible towel.

ZoneBlitzer
12-23-2010, 04:52 PM
I don't think Bettis will be first ballot HOFer... But when you really look at it, he averaged under 4 yards per carry, he only got so many yards and touchdowns by staying inthe game past his prime... Though he got lucky to start in 2004 and showed he still had some game left in him after some really lackluster seasons. I really doubt he'll be on the top 10 Steelers list.

I agree. Also come playoff time, he would often choke. I recall some several untimely fumbles from Bettis. The worst was his giveaway against the Colts. They do miss his leadership, attitude and talent in the huddle though - fumbles and all. He was a good back but I don't see him as a first ballot HOF nor even cracking the top 10 of all-time great Steelers.

As for Rod, he was a great corner for the Steelers and I never blamed him in the slightest for leaving. He paid his dues, did his time and the club wouldn't cough up the dough. An NFL player's career is short and they've got to cash in while they can. I even cheered for the Ravens over the Giants in the SB solely because Rod was on the squad.

jizzballz
12-23-2010, 10:08 PM

he had nothing on ed reeds talent. im glad he never won a ring with us, he acts like the ****ing greatest steeler ever, i would of hoped if he had stayed with us that jamaal lewis would of crushed him into pieces.

p.s. jamaal charles is awesome

lionslicer
12-23-2010, 10:11 PM
he had nothing on ed reeds talent. im glad he never won a ring with us, he acts like the ****ing greatest steeler ever, i would of hoped if he had stayed with us that jamaal lewis would of crushed him into pieces.

p.s. jamaal charles is awesome

........................................Troll

jizzballz
12-23-2010, 11:37 PM
........................................Troll

why because i said a ratbird player was very good and a chief that was aweosme.

get a life and stop driking the black and gold laced cool aid.

lionslicer
12-23-2010, 11:45 PM
why because i said a ratbird player was very good and a chief that was aweosme.

get a life and stop driking the black and gold laced cool aid.

No... I think Ed Reed has a lot more pure talent then Woodson, Reed's just a game changer though, he never shut out a reciever a whole game, and probably couldn't, he's not that physical face to face.

You're a trol because you're just saying random stuff, like Woodson thinks he's the best steeler of all time, he's very modest about his skill. Yeah so he was ****y back in the day, but he's nothign compared to the egotistic maniacs who play today who make 1 tackle on special teams and thinks they are the best ever

jizzballz
12-23-2010, 11:54 PM
No... I think Ed Reed has a lot more pure talent then Woodson, Reed's just a game changer though, he never shut out a reciever a whole game, and probably couldn't, he's not that physical face to face.

You're a trol because you're just saying random stuff, like Woodson thinks he's the best steeler of all time, he's very modest about his skill. Yeah so he was ****y back in the day, but he's nothign compared to the egotistic maniacs who play today who make 1 tackle on special teams and thinks they are the best ever

you just contradicted your statement saying he was ****y, he always said he was the best, he claims he knows dick lebeau's defense so well, he played a grand total of.... 1 year with lebeau as the defensive co-ordinator.

...james farrior who has been a solid linebacker over the years has now played 7 seasons under lebeau, and 3 #1 ranked defenses, one of them a top 3 of all time.... he doesnt go around prancing his ass off...

still if ed reed was on our team back in the 90's gauranteed super bowl win, it's been baltimore's offense as to why he hasn't and probably will never win a ring.

lionslicer
12-24-2010, 12:15 AM
you just contradicted your statement saying he was ****y, he always said he was the best, he claims he knows dick lebeau's defense so well, he played a grand total of.... 1 year with lebeau as the defensive co-ordinator.

...james farrior who has been a solid linebacker over the years has now played 7 seasons under lebeau, and 3 #1 ranked defenses, one of them a top 3 of all time.... he doesnt go around prancing his ass off...

still if ed reed was on our team back in the 90's gauranteed super bowl win, it's been baltimore's offense as to why he hasn't and probably will never win a ring.

Dude your name is jizzballs..

And how did I contradict myself? I said he was ****y, every football is, I didn't say he claimed to be the best ever, especially since deion was better and played during the same time.

But I really don't know, maybe you're like his best friend and knows everything he says, I'm not gonna argue with you. He was a better player as a steeler than the Bus was.

Kanata-Steeler
12-24-2010, 12:50 AM
ROD is GOD:)

JCPsteelers
12-24-2010, 06:24 AM
Woodson got burnt so much i used to just call him "toast". I never understood that "greatest player" tag. .

LOL. My father says the same thing about him. Saw him get beat in 1996 in the Astrodome with my Dad to put the game out of reach.

Mixed emotions about Bus being a Hall of Famer. I love the guy but I never thought watching him that I was seeing a Hall of Fame runner. Seemed more like a compiler year after year than one that had a 5 year great run like Marshall Faulk had. I don't know, maybe I got high standards for the Hall of Fame. :noidea:

jizzballz
12-24-2010, 10:10 AM

And how did I contradict myself? I said he was ****y, every football is, I didn't say he claimed to be the best ever, especially since deion was better and played during the same time.

But I really don't know, maybe you're like his best friend and knows everything he says, I'm not gonna argue with you. He was a better player as a steeler than the Bus was.

who cares what my username is, a username is a username, should i rename myself rodwoodsonballcradler, perhaps that should be yours, i dont like the guy get off my back, and yes he was a better player than the bus but the way he goes around things, ed reed was and will always be so much better.

USWSteel
12-25-2010, 12:55 AM

It's obvious that Woodson is a troll, if he has an account here he should be banned immediately. How dare he. :drink:

MattsMe
12-25-2010, 12:58 AM

:rofl:

You make a good point.

pittguy578
12-26-2010, 02:27 AM
Woodson got burnt so much i used to just call him "toast". I never understood that "greatest player" tag.
I would think Bettis is a ridiculous shoe-in for the HOF.

Rod only got burnt when they were still trying to play him at corner after his injury.
Before then NO ONE in the NFL could burn him. He was the fastest man in the NFL.

ricardisimo
12-26-2010, 04:08 AM
Rod only got burnt when they were still trying to play him at corner after his injury.
Before then NO ONE in the NFL could burn him. He was the fastest man in the NFL.
Exactly. He's also third all-time in interceptions, and first all-time in INTs returned for touchdowns. You don't get those by being toast.

The hyperbole that gets slung around these boards is stunning, and for what purpose, I can't figure it. Habitual trollishness is only one explanation. There's got to be more to it than that.