PDA

View Full Version : Should Rooney fire Tomlin and Arians and bring back Bill Cowher?

mesaSteeler
12-23-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm sick and tired of the Tomlin/Arians pass happy offense. Commentators are saying we pass too much, former players are saying we pass too much, our WRs say we pass too much, and Rooney has said we pass too much!

Yet the Airheads twins Tomlin/Arians refuse to change and we still PASS TOo DAMN MUCH.

They will not not listen.

Fine

I say FIRE Tomiln/Arians and bring back Bill Cowher!

After all he is available.

Thoughts?

jacksolomon
12-23-2010, 09:44 AM
We're 10-4. Calm down.

MDSteel15
12-23-2010, 09:47 AM
wow :coffee:

StainlessStill
12-23-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm sick and tired of the Tomlin/Arians pass happy offense. Commentators are saying we pass too much, former players are saying we pass too much, our WRs say we pass too much, and Rooney has said we pass too much!

Yet the Airheads twins Tomlin/Arians refuse to change and we still PASS TOo DAMN MUCH.

Fine

Thoughts?

There are no thoughts. My thoughts is that the past is the past and the present is the present. It took Cowher until the end of his career to win a Championship while he PISSED away all of his other opportunities going into his infamous "turtle ball" when he didn't know what else to do when pressed.

Look, I get that the personal we have right NOW doesn't necc fit Arians pass it downfield more often offense, but the facts are that if we win the AFC NORTH, that would be 3 division titles in Tomlin's 4 years here (oh and BTW: He already won a Super Bowl in his 2nd) so before you want to be firing a successful Super Bowl, young, primed, and up-coming stud of the coaching ranks, you might want to go and look over at other teams within the league like the Panthers, Bengals and Browns and see how much they'd appreciate being a Pittsburgh Steelers/Mike Tomlin fan at this time.

You, me and the rest of my Stillers Nation brothers and sisters are spoiled f*cks! Act like it!

That is all.

mesaSteeler
12-23-2010, 09:50 AM
There are no thoughts. My thoughts is that the past is the past and the present is the present. It took Cowher until the end of his career to win a Championship while he PISSED away all of his other opportunities going into his infamous "turtle ball" when he didn't know what else to do when pressed.

Look, I get that the personal we have right NOW doesn't necc fit Arians pass it downfield more often offense, but the facts are that if we win the AFC NORTH, that would be 3 division titles in Tomlin's 4 years here (oh and BTW: He already won a Super Bowl in his 2nd) so before you want to be firing a successful Super Bowl, young, primed, and up-coming stud of the coaching ranks, you might want to go and look over at other teams within the league like the Panthers, Bengals and Browns and see how much they'd appreciate being a Pittbsurgh Steelers/Mike Tomlin fan at this time.

That is all.

Cowher never had a QB until the end of his career either and Tomlin won't have one much longer due the beating that Ben takes from our pass happy offense.

Whodis
12-23-2010, 09:51 AM
I liked Cowher...... With that said i remember that he also did some stupid things (see AFC Championship game vs Chargers).

I wish I had the stats regarding Cowher and how he compares to Tom Coughlin of the Giants. They are almost identical! A NY Giants fan called into a sports talk show with every thing from win loss, super bowls, etc.

IMO coaches do have to coach, but I think sometimes they are more fortunate to be part of a franchise and or system.

StainlessStill
12-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Cowher never had a QB until the end of his career either and Tomlin won't have one much longer due the beating that Ben takes from our pass happy offense.

Tomlin never had the offensive line that Cowher always had either ( on another note, Cowher didn't even really NEED a QB because he ran it 90-10 most of the time anyway. Yeah, you could say QB was the missing piece, butt he dude lost like, 9 billion AFC Championships AT HOME, don't you think coaching comes into play? Like I don't know, not running Jerome Bettis inside the 5 yard line against Denver in the '97 Title game?)

Think about it, it goes hand and hand but I can't believe I'm arguing this. I loved Cowher, he WAS Pittsburgh for so long, but it's now a new era and that era is Mike Tomlin and we already are 1-0 in Super Bowls.

SteelerEmpire
12-23-2010, 10:13 AM
No. I don't think Cowher will have the passion he had the first time around. After he won the SB in 06' he came back the next season with a piss-poor attitude as far as his motivation was concerned. He didn't really want to be the coach anymore the year after the SB win and it showed (the team went 8-8 AND he retired after that year) in his actions and the team's.
I don't think he would stay too long if he did return. In addition, it would be a PR nightmare if the Rooney's replaced Tomlin with Cowher considering Tomlin has a very good W-L record since he came here.
No. Cowher had his time, its now Tomlin's ship. It would be kind of "weird" to have Cowher back now.

bblocker14
12-23-2010, 10:30 AM
No. Tomlin's demeanor and intelligence is much more preferable to Cowher. He'll be a great, if he isn't already...........

SH-Rock
12-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Tomlin just need to fire arians and hire someone with a brain and we'll be fine.

Fire Arians
12-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Tomlin just need to fire arians and hire someone with a brain and we'll be fine.

this

SoCalFan
12-23-2010, 10:50 AM
I think we have ALL the pieces in place to win multiple Superbowls,we just got to stay HEALTHY!We are passing more partially due to the fact that the O-line is banged up and our run blocking is not the same.IF our line was at full strength,I believe Mendy would be leading the league in rushing,he is already having a career season in yards,hard fought yards hes gained on his own!Another reason were passing so much is the fact that we are constantly playing from behind.Our offense SUCKS in the first quarter due to the scripted plays of BA..........BA goes/Tomlin stays.I think Tomlin and Ben have at least 2 more Superbowls as a team!!!

Fire Haley
12-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Not this shit again....

Steelers give Tomlin three-year extension through 2014

The team and coach Mike Tomlin have agreed on a three-year contract extension, squashing any speculation about the latter's long-term future in Pittsburgh.

The Steelers did not comment on the deal that starts after Tomlin's first contract with the team expires and runs through 2014.

Rooney had said several times during the offseason that the team intended to reach an agreement on a new contract with Tomlin, who has led the Steelers to a pair of division titles and is the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl.

The terms of Tomlin's new deal were not available. NFL Network reported that he will make an average of $5 million a season starting in 2012.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_690185.html

Fire Arians
12-23-2010, 10:56 AM
FIRE ARIANS:thumbsup:

cloppbeast
12-23-2010, 11:11 AM
I can't say I haven't entertained this thought. I loved Cowher with is chin and the split flyin' and everything. I think post people liked him.

Tomlin's got a different style about him, and it took a while to get used to him. But now I can say I like Tomlin just as much.

Anyway, this scenerio will never happen.

SH-Rock
12-23-2010, 11:14 AM
It probably won't happen anyway. The Rooneys are long term people. The type that find the perfect person for the next 10+ years.

plenewken
12-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Like I don't know, not running Jerome Bettis inside the 5 yard line against Denver in the '97 Title game?)

Or like running Bettis against Indy in the 05 divisional playoffs? <sarcasm off>
The problem is not Tomlin vs Cowher. The big problem is the OC. We just can't score when we're in the red zone, and it doesn't matter if it's a run or a pass, we're lousy both ways.

Whodis
12-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I think we have ALL the pieces in place to win multiple Superbowls,we just got to stay HEALTHY!We are passing more partially due to the fact that the O-line is banged up and our run blocking is not the same.IF our line was at full strength,I believe Mendy would be leading the league in rushing,he is already having a career season in yards,hard fought yards hes gained on his own!Another reason were passing so much is the fact that we are constantly playing from behind.Our offense SUCKS in the first quarter due to the scripted plays of BA..........BA goes/Tomlin stays.I think Tomlin and Ben have at least 2 more Superbowls as a team!!!

I think Mendenhall would lead the league in rushing if we just gave him the damn ball

SoCalFan
12-23-2010, 11:33 AM
I agree,but I explained why that has not been possible!!!!

stb_steeler
12-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Rooney wont fire Tomlin....that will never happen

mesaSteeler
12-23-2010, 12:02 PM
No. I don't think Cowher will have the passion he had the first time around. After he won the SB in 06' he came back the next season with a piss-poor attitude as far as his motivation was concerned. He didn't really want to be the coach anymore the year after the SB win and it showed (the team went 8-8 AND he retired after that year) in his actions and the team's.
I don't think he would stay too long if he did return. In addition, it would be a PR nightmare if the Rooney's replaced Tomlin with Cowher considering Tomlin has a very good W-L record since he came here.
No. Cowher had his time, its now Tomlin's ship. It would be kind of "weird" to have Cowher back now.

You seen to forget that Cowher's wife was dying of cancer during this time. While we did not know it at the time he certainly did. I suppose it's naive of me to think that his wife battling cancer might of have affected Cowher's motivation.

mesaSteeler
12-23-2010, 12:08 PM

And if Tomlin doesn't do it?

Then what?

It's not like Tomlin has not had his chances to do so if he wanted to. I no longer believe that Tomlin wants to fire Arians and instead is protecting him.

I am not convinced that Tomlin is that good of an Xs and Os coach. If Tomlin choose to he could call the plays himself. That Tomlin lets Arians get away with being pass happy tells me that Tomlin himself is pass happy.

jacksolomon
12-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I am not convinced that Tomlin is that good of an Xs and Os coach.

Cowher definitely wasn't, but yet you want him back. He'll also command at least twice Tomlin's salary to return. I also doubt there is still any love lost between AJR II and Cowher. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not going to happen.

stiller39
12-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Bring back Cowher??? We should have won at least 2 more superbowls under Cowhers watch but didn't and it was due in large part to Cowher being out coached by Belichek in one AFC championship in my opinion. Tomlin will continue to get better as a head coach and his number will outshine Cowher when its all said and done... IMO

steelerjim58
12-23-2010, 12:29 PM
I am shocked at how many folks say we should run more. This team will not win unless we throw 35+ times a game. IMO.

SteelCityMom
12-23-2010, 12:37 PM
I can understand the worry, but I think it's a little bit knee jerk reactionary at this point. There are a lot of teams that would love to be dealing with our "problems", from a coaching standpoint.

It makes you wonder though, if the internet had been around (and heavily used) for regular folks like us in the 80's and early 90's, what some of the conversations about Noll and Cowher would have been like then. I have a sneaking suspicion that many would have been calling for both of their heads for various reasons.

I trust the Rooneys to do what's best in this regard...they certainly know better than any of us.

pete74
12-23-2010, 12:39 PM
i loved how cower motivated the player and dislike tomlins lack passion he seem to portray but i cant forget how cower stuck with kordell all those games when we had a great team minus our QB. if we had Ben those 2 seasons we would have at least 1 more super bowl

were never going to fire tomlin so im not going to comment further

as for running more, the only game this year i think that would of made a difference is against the jets when mendenhall was gaining over 5 yards a carry

SH-Rock
12-23-2010, 01:08 PM
And if Tomlin doesn't do it?

Then what?

It's not like Tomlin has not had his chances to do so if he wanted to. I no longer believe that Tomlin wants to fire Arians and instead is protecting him.

I am not convinced that Tomlin is that good of an Xs and Os coach. If Tomlin choose to he could call the plays himself. That Tomlin lets Arians get away with being pass happy tells me that Tomlin himself is pass happy.

Well in the past, Ben supported Arians so that's why he stayed. Now Ben is in no position to be running his mouth. Also the FO would have the a thing or two to say about Arians not calling run plays when it makes sense.

joeyssteelcurtain
12-23-2010, 01:43 PM
no way

lionslicer
12-23-2010, 01:45 PM
No team would fire a coach because of the offensive coordinator, especially if its having success... (except jerry jones and whoever owns both the Broncos and the 49ers)
And I'm pretty sure Cowher doesn't want to come back to Pittsburgh. Just because he had success doesn't mean he'd be willing to make the Roonies fire Tomlin so he can coach here again, I'm sure like any other coach he'd rather have a challenge and build a team. Not take over a successful one.

SteelBlaze1
12-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Did I miss something?...why would we consider firing a coach that I think has done a great job this year considering all the off-season and early season issues.

If we had, at a minimum, a healthy O-line...we would be in much better shape. Oh yeah, what shape are we in...leading the AFC North and will be in the playoffs with a win tonight.

I say they fire Bruce Arians this summer and bring in a better play calling coordinator and pray that everybody else (Colon/Starks, etc.) get healthy.

But to answer the question of Cowher...I say no, he did all he could for us and we should just hope he doesn't end up in Cincinnati or Cleveland.

Atlanta Dan
12-23-2010, 02:43 PM
I guess you are serious?:noidea:

I agree Arians needs to go - Tomlin fired two assiatants last year and now that he has crossed that hurdle for a coach he may dump Arians

But if we are looking to hire alums, maybe the Steelers should rehire Chuck Noll - he won more than either Cowher or Tomlion

Leaving aside the fact Cowher is not coming back (if he has any doubt how that will turn out he can talk to Joe Gibbs) I never thought Cowher was that great a game day coach against top flight competition. After Tomlin loses 4 AFC championship games at home I may feel the same way about Tomlin

Atlanta Dan
12-23-2010, 02:45 PM
You seen to forget that Cowher's wife was dying of cancer during this time. While we did not know it at the time he certainly did. I suppose it's naive of me to think that his wife battling cancer might of have affected Cowher's motivation.

Kaye Cowher was diagnosed with melanoma in February 2010

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/25/sports/football/25sandomir.html

After the Steelers would not meet his price for new contract in 2006 Cowher stepped down - that was his call and he may have missed his wife who moved to North Carolina before the 2006 season started but the screwed up 2006 season (Ben's motorcycle wreck, Paorter & cowher ticked off about their contracts) had nothing to do with his wife's health

MasterOfPuppets
12-23-2010, 03:03 PM
I can understand the worry, but I think it's a little bit knee jerk reactionary at this point. There are a lot of teams that would love to be dealing with our "problems", from a coaching standpoint.

It makes you wonder though, if the internet had been around (and heavily used) for regular folks like us in the 80's and early 90's, what some of the conversations about Noll and Cowher would have been like then. I have a sneaking suspicion that many would have been calling for both of their heads for various reasons.

I trust the Rooneys to do what's best in this regard...they certainly know better than any of us.
indeed. there was no shortage of "cowher ball " critics....infact , i was one of them. :popcorn:

ricksteelers55
12-23-2010, 03:03 PM
You dont give your QB a 100+ million dollars contract to hand the football.We have all the offensive tools we just need to strengthen de O-Line and we'll be deadly

Whodis
12-23-2010, 03:06 PM
I am shocked at how many folks say we should run more. This team will not win unless we throw 35+ times a game. IMO.

:stirthepot:

Can you please point out the part of running the ball that shocks you?

steelax04
12-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Well in the past, Ben supported Arians so that's why he stayed. Now Ben is in no position to be running his mouth. Also the FO would have the a thing or two to say about Arians not calling run plays when it makes sense.

So the FO would have a thing or two to say about Arians not calling running plays but let their QB dictate whether Arians stayed or not? Was there ever any confirmation that Ben had any direct influence with Arians staying in Pittsburgh?

I just can't see how the FO would care more about which plays were called but let the QB decide Arians' fate. If they let the QB make the call on Arians then I think the problems are bigger than just Tomlin/Arians.

STEEL-MAN
12-23-2010, 03:22 PM
????

thumper
12-23-2010, 03:35 PM

Look, I get that the personal we have right NOW doesn't necc fit Arians pass it downfield more often offense, but the facts are that if we win the AFC NORTH, that would be 3 division titles in Tomlin's 4 years here (oh and BTW: He already won a Super Bowl in his 2nd) so before you want to be firing a successful Super Bowl, young, primed, and up-coming stud of the coaching ranks, you might want to go and look over at other teams within the league like the Panthers, Bengals and Browns and see how much they'd appreciate being a Pittsburgh Steelers/Mike Tomlin fan at this time.

You, me and the rest of my Stillers Nation brothers and sisters are spoiled f*cks! Act like it!

That is all.

:tt02:

MDSteel15
12-23-2010, 03:41 PM

Rubbish

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-23-2010, 03:44 PM

Fine

Thoughts?

I am trying not to think about this one....that path leads to madness.

Seriously though-- you want to fire a head coach that won the SB in his second season, is looking at his 3rd division title in 4 years, is being mentioned in Coach of the Year conversations for bringing the Steelers to a 10-4 record despite one of the rockiest offseasons any franchise has seen in a while, and is still only just learning?

Wow. Just wow.

:noidea: :doh: :noidea: :doh: :noidea: :doh: :banging::banging::banging::banging:

Whodis
12-23-2010, 04:59 PM
There's a thursday night game, maybe we all started drinking a little early

mesaSteeler
12-23-2010, 05:36 PM
There's a thursday night game, maybe we all started drinking a little early

I do not drink and I am quite serious. I will no longer give Moron Mike a pass for Airhead Arians incompetence. I hold Tomlin to same standards that I am held to. I supervise 5 junior engineers. If they screw up and I do nothing then I am responsible. If they screw up and I seal the plans then not only would I be fired but I would be sued and quite possibly lose my license to practice engineering.

We have the personnel to run the ball and have a balanced innovative attack. Airhead chooses not to run and is incapable of designing an intelligent game plan. Instead he uses his same old, oh so predictable, pass happy offense.

We have won in spite of our offense not because of them. When ever our wide receivers say we are passing to much then something is seriously wrong with our game plan. If Tomlin doesn't fix it then he is responsible.

Arians will get us bounced from the playoffs and it will be Tomlin's fault. Belicheat will be licking his chops game planning against Arians.

mikegrimey
12-23-2010, 05:51 PM
The idea of firing Tomlin to rehire Cowher is fairly ludicrous. I think we all know it isn't going to happen but, in the world of hypothetical, supposing it did, who is to saw that Cowher would not falter. Many people remember the good years fondly but forget some atrocious seasons where the fans were begging for Cowher's job. Also a lot of these people tend to forget Bill's chuck jobs in AFC Championship games.

Tomlin has been outcoached by superior minds as in the likes of Sean Payton and Bill Belichik but Cowher was often thwarted by other greats as well. Overall Tomlin is a solid coach, to classify him as a moron is a bit harsh. I think there is room for improvement but don't think that dumping a guy who has never finished with a worse record than 9-7 in 4 years is reasonable.

Whodis
12-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Mesa- I'm warming up here with a cold one and I was only kidding

Most of us feel your pain that are on this board. I was always pissed that the local writers seemed to give the coaches a pass when it came to the offensive short comings. I was really surprised to see some of the articles written this week and a few statements made by Ed Bouchette in his PG plus. IMO Arians is now on "double secret probation" and my predition will be that this teams gets back to the basics.

finesward
12-23-2010, 10:43 PM
And I was catching flac for talking about bringing in steve smith in my "in the spirit of things" thread....this takes the cake! lol Lets bring in Parcells, I heard he is available!!

JCPsteelers
12-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Seriously you want to run the football where the rules today favor passing and we have a Top 5 QB? And this makes sense how again?

FanSince72
12-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Oh yeah,let's go back to Martyball where 80-yard drives end in field goals.

Yes, I know that's what's happening now but the difference between Cowher and Tomlin is that Cowher PLANNED it that way and under his watch we either lost or barely won games that should never have been that close - even when we were at or near full-strength.

I think that Tomlin is the best thing that ever happened to this team and his record so far proves that beyond the shadow of a doubt. Hell, this season is a perfect example; Tomlin has done more with less than Cowher ever could have and he controls this team as a coach is supposed to. He gets excited and he joins in the fun but he always makes it clear that he's in charge while Cowher wanted to be "buddies" with everyone and let discipline slip way too often.

Not only that, have you all forgotten the "Kordell Era" where Cowher insisted that Kordell was the man for the job when clearly he wasn't? Or how about the divisiveness he caused by having Tomczak take the team 80 or 90 yards only to take him out and put Kordell in to score the TD so Cowher could show the world what a great find he was and how his choice to support him was validated?

No thank you.

I think that Tomlin is far more like Noll than Cowher ever could be and that's what's got this team pointed in the right direction. Tomlin acts like a coach while Cowher seemed more like the host of a frat party who was more interested in hangin' with "the guys" than running a football team.

Has everyone already forgotten the clip of Ben in the Super Bowl telling Cowher: "Coach, let's just play to win, let's not play not to lose, OK"? When your second-year QB says that to you in the SB, you've got to ask yourself some serious questions.

TRH
12-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Tomlin isn't going ANYWHERE......for quite a long time

moedap
12-24-2010, 01:01 PM
I have no problem with Tomlins/Arians philosophy of attacking defenses through the air. I may have a problem with how they execute that philosophy but the philosophy itself is sound. Take a look at this list of the last 13 Superbowl participants(winner listed first):

1998 Denver Broncos vs. Green Bay Packers
1999 Denver Broncos vs. Atlanta Falcons
2000 St. Louis Rams vs. Tennessee Titans
2001 Baltimore Ravens vs. New York Giants
2002 New England Patriots vs. St. Louis Rams
2003 Tampa Bay Bucs vs. Oakland Raiders
2004 New England vs. Carolina Panthers
2005 New England vs. Philadelphia Eagles
2006 Steelers vs. Seattle
2007 Indy Colts vs. Chicago Bears
2008 New York Giants vs. New England Patriots
2009 Steelers vs. Cardinals
2010 NO Saints vs. Indy Colts

The entries in bold face are the only SB winners that had a team with a run-first philosophy and I believe they only won because of superior defenses. The SB win from our Steelers in 2006 was only accomplished due to the passing game plans the Steelers used in the AFC playoffs. This is a passing league heck even the losers of most of these SB's had pass first mentalities.

I believe Tomlin is keeping Arians around because he ,Arians, is trying to accomplish what Tomlin wants to see "chunk" plays. Again I too have problems with how they are executing their philosophy but running the ball 80% of the time killed us when Cowher faced those pass first teams.

lionslicer
12-24-2010, 02:48 PM
I have no problem with Tomlins/Arians philosophy of attacking defenses through the air. I may have a problem with how they execute that philosophy but the philosophy itself is sound. Take a look at this list of the last 13 Superbowl participants(winner listed first):

The entries in bold face are the only SB winners that had a team with a run-first philosophy and I believe they only won because of superior defenses. The SB win from our Steelers in 2006 was only accomplished due to the passing game plans the Steelers used in the AFC playoffs. This is a passing league heck even the losers of most of these SB's had pass first mentalities.

I believe Tomlin is keeping Arians around because he ,Arians, is trying to accomplish what Tomlin wants to see "chunk" plays. Again I too have problems with how they are executing their philosophy but running the ball 80% of the time killed us when Cowher faced those pass first teams.

Spot on... Both the Ravens and Bucs passed more than usually do in the playoffs also. Running the ball wont win games against supperior teams, you have to pass atleast half the time.
Broncos did beat greenbay on the ground, even Elway had a big run. But in the playoffs Elway had a couple big comeback drives to get them to the superbowl.

ricardisimo
12-24-2010, 04:05 PM

I'm not as convinced. The other way to look at this list is to see how many of the eventual Super Bowl winners had studs at running back. Elway never did squat until Terrell Davis showed up. Warner won with Marshall Faulk, but not a lot without him. The Ravens had Jamal Lewis in his record-setting prime. Manning had Edge, we had Bettis, Parker and Mendenhall, etc.

New England is, if anything, the exception that proves the rule: you need to be able to run the ball whenever you need to run the ball. TB and the Giants may not have had studs, but they were league leaders in rushing with committee backfields. You might want to look the stats over again... all of the stats, not just the ones Arians would like for you to be reading.

mesaSteeler
12-24-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm not as convinced. The other way to look at this list is to see how many of the eventual Super Bowl winners had studs at running back. Elway never did squat until Terrell Davis showed up. Warner won with Marshall Faulk, but not a lot without him. The Ravens had Jamal Lewis in his record-setting prime. Manning had Edge, we had Bettis, Parker and Mendenhall, etc.

New England is, if anything, the exception that proves the rule: you need to be able to run the ball whenever you need to run the ball. TB and the Giants may not have had studs, but they were league leaders in rushing with committee backfields. You might want to look the stats over again... all of the stats, not just the ones Arians would like for you to be reading.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::hatsoff:

It's not about either/or it's about BALANCE and the Airhead is UNBALANCED!

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-24-2010, 04:37 PM
I do not drink and I am quite serious. I will no longer give Moron Mike a pass for Airhead Arians incompetence. I hold Tomlin to same standards that I am held to. I supervise 5 junior engineers. If they screw up and I do nothing then I am responsible. If they screw up and I seal the plans then not only would I be fired but I would be sued and quite possibly lose my license to practice engineering.

But to make your analogy accurate, your department of 5 junior engineers would have had to have just won some national award for being the best engineering team in the world in 2008, and been a department with consistently strong performance metrics.

"Moron Mike" has a career record of 45-22, a Superbowl win in year 2, what is looking to be 3 Division TItles out of 4 years, and never had record worse than 9-7. And you want to fire him just because our offense doesn't look the way you personally want it to?

We have the personnel to run the ball and have a balanced innovative attack. Airhead chooses not to run and is incapable of designing an intelligent game plan. Instead he uses his same old, oh so predictable, pass happy offense.

Well, to be fair, that "oh so predictable offense" performed pretty darn well in 2007, when Ben was third in the league behind Brady and Manning, Parker was leading the NFL in yardage, and Ward was having a career season. They did pretty well in 2009 too, with 2 1000 yard receivers, a 1000-yard rusher at 4.6 YPC, and a 4000 yard QB.

We have won in spite of our offense not because of them. When ever our wide receivers say we are passing to much then something is seriously wrong with our game plan. If Tomlin doesn't fix it then he is responsible.

Responsible, yes, but a "moron", no. But despite that, we are gonna be 12-4, AFC North Champs, and in prime position to win another SB.

Arians will get us bounced from the playoffs and it will be Tomlin's fault. Belicheat will be licking his chops game planning against Arians.

You need to give credit where it is due. Belicheat is licking his chops gameplanning against Lebeau, not Arians. In case you didn't notice, our untouchable defense is what lost us that game to the Pats.

You can argue that our team is great, but MAYBE COULD BE BETTER if we had a different offensive coordinator. But to say we should just scrap everything, fire all of our championship coaches, and go back to the drawing board-- comes off as a bit irrational, ill-planned, and speaking frankly, kinda childish.

Whomever it was that said Steelers fans are some of the most spoiled sports fans in the world, was absolutely right....