PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Worst 5 players....

MDSteel15
12-23-2010, 12:53 PM
5. Deon Figures
4. Huey Richardson
3. Sydney Thorton
2. Mark Malone
1. Limas Sweed

pete74
12-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Kordell Stewert
Jamain Stephens
Huey Richardson
Alonzo Jackson
Ricardo Colclough

SteelCityMom
12-23-2010, 01:57 PM
1. Mark Malone (didn't get to see a lot of his play, but I recall, at a young age, the endless obscenities that would flow from my fathers mouth involving his name...hence why he tops my list).
2. Chat Scott
3. Paul Ernster
4. Limas Sweed
5. Korky and Kent Graham tie for this spot.

MDSteel15
12-23-2010, 02:01 PM
WOW Chad Scott?

SoCalFan
12-23-2010, 02:10 PM
NEIL O'DONELL is at the top for me!He did some ok things but literally throwing away the Superbowl,I still have a sour feeling deep in my gut!

cloppbeast
12-23-2010, 02:20 PM
NEIL O'DONELL is at the top for me!He did some ok things but literally throwing away the Superbowl,I still have a sour feeling deep in my gut!

It's not like we got to the Super Bowl by invitation.....

truesteelerfan
12-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Mike Tomczak
Alonzo Jackson
Scott Shields
Jeremy Staat
Troy Edwards

MDSteel15
12-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Mike Tomczak
Alonzo Jackson
Scott Shields
Jeremy Staat
Troy Edwards

Nice call...

SoCalFan
12-23-2010, 02:44 PM

Thats true,I said he did some good things but what a let down.Argueably my worse moment in Steeler history,he gave us ALL the shaft!:banging:

lionslicer
12-23-2010, 02:48 PM
This is a pretty stupid thread... Because I'm sure the worst Steelers never saw the field lol, and some of you are picking starters... If they started, obviously whoever below them was way worse.

This should be, the worst steelers we remember in a game to make really bad plays to cost us games.

Rockonsteel
12-23-2010, 02:51 PM
1. Kent Graham
2. Tim Worley
3. Scott Shields
4. Charles Johnson
5. Ricardo Colclough

Second Team: Alonzo Jackson, Troy Edwards, Willie Reid. Huey Richardson, Bruce Davis.

Rockon

plenewken
12-23-2010, 03:36 PM

Exactly! Very well said.
O'Donnell sh*t the bed once and it was at the worst moment. Ben sh*t the bed even more 10 years later but he had a defense to save his @ss, plus the 2005 Seahawks were not the 1995 Cowboys, who won 3 Superbowl in 4 years. <sigh>

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-23-2010, 04:36 PM
1) Bubby Brister
2) Anthony "Guarantee" Smith (Keenan Lewis is rapidly closing on him though)
3) Ricardo Colclough
4) Neil O'Donnell
5) Alonzo Jackson

SteelCityMom
12-23-2010, 05:23 PM
WOW Chad Scott?

Yes...Chad "I just got burned again" Scott.

mikegrimey
12-23-2010, 06:09 PM
No way guys like Kordell or O'Donnel belong on the list. Nobody can argue that they were/are great but they had their moments. "Worst" means baddest in the extreme degree. Seems like some people are substituting "worst" for "most disappointing" or "ones that had bad games at the worst time".

Rockonsteel
12-23-2010, 07:58 PM
No way guys like Kordell or O'Donnel belong on the list. Nobody can argue that they were/are great but they had their moments. "Worst" means baddest in the extreme degree. Seems like some people are substituting "worst" for "most disappointing" or "ones that had bad games at the worst time".

I agree 100%. Kordell actually had a lot more success in Pittsburgh than people wanna give him credit for. His ceiling was just such that he wasn't a SB champion caliber QB. Neil O'Donnell was two horrible passes away from Steeler immortality. These QBs both had quite a bit of success in the Burgh. Neither was able to deliver the ultimate goal, but give credit where credit's due. K. Stewart and Neil O were both respectable QBs for this team. But Pittsburgh is a tough judge of QBs and rightfully so, the bar was set pretty high by a certain #12, 30 some-odd years ago.

Rockon

MattsMe
12-23-2010, 08:07 PM
This is a pretty stupid thread... Because I'm sure the worst Steelers never saw the field lol, and some of you are picking starters... If they started, obviously whoever below them was way worse.

This should be, the worst steelers we remember in a game to make really bad plays to cost us games.

WTF, I'm agreeing with you. Oh yeah, I've been drinking for a couple hours. :chuckle:

It's true that this thread, or the responses, are kind of inaccurate.

Bobby_Walden
12-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Huey Richardson
Scott Shields
Jamaine Stephens
That horrible safety from WVU we had vs. Jags a few yrs. back
Jeremy Staat

casteeler
12-23-2010, 11:56 PM
WHAT? No William Gay?

Merchant
12-24-2010, 12:05 AM
WHAT? No William Gay?

Guy had one bad season. He's having a decent one this year. No way does he belong on the list.

Tulsa
12-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Johnny Unitas. Some sorry 4th stringer while he was at Pittsburgh. Wonder whatever happened to that guy.

steeltheone
12-24-2010, 06:15 AM
I agree 100%. Kordell actually had a lot more success in Pittsburgh than people wanna give him credit for. His ceiling was just such that he wasn't a SB champion caliber QB. Neil O'Donnell was two horrible passes away from Steeler immortality. These QBs both had quite a bit of success in the Burgh. Neither was able to deliver the ultimate goal, but give credit where credit's due. K. Stewart and Neil O were both respectable QBs for this team. But Pittsburgh is a tough judge of QBs and rightfully so, the bar was set pretty high by a certain #12, 30 some-odd years ago.

Rockon

Kordell had teams that would beat our current team hands down. With BR7 at the helm Cowher would have had 2 more rings.

JCPsteelers
12-24-2010, 06:30 AM
5. Deon Figures
4. Huey Richardson
3. Sydney Thorton
2. Mark Malone
1. Limas Sweed

I was young but I don't remember Deon being such a bad player for us. Got shot in the offseason back in his hometown of Compton and was never the same.

The guys putting O'Donnell and Stewart on the list are just being haters. They weren't the worst players in Steelers history. Even Chad Scott is silly. Yeah he sucked in 2002 but his career was not a joke.

I'll throw in Jamain Stephens as one that should be on the list. What a bust he was.
Anthony Smith was a clown too that should be on the list.

MDSteel15
12-24-2010, 08:29 AM
I was young but I don't remember Deon being such a bad player for us. Got shot in the offseason back in his hometown of Compton and was never the same.

The guys putting O'Donnell and Stewart on the list are just being haters. They weren't the worst players in Steelers history. Even Chad Scott is silly. Yeah he sucked in 2002 but his career was not a joke.

I'll throw in Jamain Stephens as one that should be on the list. What a bust he was.
Anthony Smith was a clown too that should be on the list.

Wow! A voice of reason.... :hatsoff:

btaylor179
12-24-2010, 08:45 AM
kordell,dwight stone,malone,jeff reed,sweed