PDA

View Full Version : Ziggy Hood

Vico12
12-24-2010, 09:55 AM
I think Ziggy is now a reliable and solid starter, he´s not at Smith´s level, but I think he´s going to grow and improve the next season. He can only get better.

What do you think?

Steelerfreak58
12-24-2010, 01:40 PM
He is a number 1 pick he better.

Goldsteel86
12-24-2010, 02:45 PM
When does Aaron come back???

Whodis
12-24-2010, 03:36 PM
I think Ziggy is now a reliable and solid starter, he´s not at Smith´s level, but I think he´s going to grow and improve the next season. He can only get better.

What do you think?

I agree that he's reliable and solid. There's not a lot of guys that play on our D their 2nd year and the fact that there hasn't been a big drop off on defense as there was in the past with Smith being injured. It shows he is very reliable!

Like Woodley, Timmons and Polamalu he will only get better

lionslicer
12-24-2010, 03:49 PM
It took him a while to actually get used to the defense, but he's been playing well against the run, but I'd rather have Aaron Smith in the playoffs right now.

JCPsteelers
12-24-2010, 04:10 PM
When does Aaron come back???

Possibly for the playoffs.

I agree Ziggy is looking good. I like how he's filling in for Smith.

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Agreed. He is NOT at Aaron Smith's level, but neither is the rest of the 3-4 DE's out there.

He has stepped up his game, and has filled in nicely. Our run defense did not go in the tank like in past years when Ziggy replaced Aaron Smith. He is learning and looking pretty good out there.

pete74
12-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I am seeing absolutly no drop off

Fire Arians
12-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Agreed. He is NOT at Aaron Smith's level, but neither is the rest of the 3-4 DE's out there

this. honestly aaron smith was a freak as a 3-4 DE, we may not see another in the league like him.

with that said, ziggy is solid but may never be aaron smith. that's fine with me if our run defense stays solid.

SH-Rock
12-24-2010, 09:33 PM
It took him a while to actually get used to the defense, but he's been playing well against the run, but I'd rather have Aaron Smith in the playoffs right now.

This is Dick Lebeau's defense. Why do you think we barely have any rookies start.

lionslicer
12-24-2010, 09:34 PM
this. honestly aaron smith was a freak as a 3-4 DE, we may not see another in the league like him.

with that said, ziggy is solid but may never be aaron smith. that's fine with me if our run defense stays solid.

And Smith was drafted in the 4th round...

This is a guy who would dominate a 4-3 line as a defensive tackle, he's just so dominant.. He's like the Reggie white of the 3-4 defense.

steeltheone
12-25-2010, 12:04 AM
yep Aaron Smith he is superman never shows any age...Sign him for 10 more years!

ZoneBlitzer
12-25-2010, 12:53 AM
The thing I notice about Ziggy is that he's kind of slow and is heavy on his feet.

TRH
12-26-2010, 09:11 AM
He's been getting better i've noticed in the last few games. Good sign.

ricksteelers55
12-26-2010, 09:40 PM
he's still #3 IMO behind Smith and Keisel

NYC_Steeler
12-26-2010, 09:54 PM
A player like Aaron Smith comes along once in a generation, so it's not fair to compare Ziggy to him. It would be like comparing Mundy (or any other safety in the league for that matter) with Troy - you just can't do it. These guys are freaks of nature which the Gods, in their indelible wisdom, bestowed upon us. With that said, Ziggy has steadily improved and will only get better as time goes by. He's done a good job while Aaron has been out, but all things considered, I definitely want Aaron back for the playoffs.

pancake
12-27-2010, 12:56 AM
He's been getting better i've noticed in the last few games. Good sign.

I have started noticing him during the last few games, which is a good sign. Early in the year it was like you never knew he was on the field. I'm glad he is improving...

uclkyle
12-27-2010, 01:50 AM
I do see a considerable drop off between Ziggy and Aaron Smith. Jets, Ravens, Panthers, and Patriots and ran pretty well against us. Well, ran as well as teams typically do against us. Hurry back Aaron.