PDA

View Full Version : Draft RB'S

IamTheSteelGod
04-12-2006, 04:02 PM
So it's quite obvious ''The Chin'' will pick an RB first round in the draft but who?

I quite like the sound of Lendale White fella, a BUS clone mayby?

http://www.nfluk.com/features/features-topten-display.php?id=1854

Suitanim
04-12-2006, 04:09 PM
I'd say drafting a RB in the first round is actually a longshot at this point.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-12-2006, 04:53 PM
I think this is one of the more anticipated drafts in quite awhile.

I hear THUNDER...

Midnightwriter1
04-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Only if White is available would they consider a RB in first round. Otherwise Lawson or Carpenter.

tony hipchest
04-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Only if White is available would they consider a RB in first round. Otherwise Lawson or Carpenter. i would love lawson or carpenter so would dallas and the patriots.

barring injury, and assuming duce doesnt get more carries than bettis did last year, i bet willie outpreforms all rookie rb's drafted this year in rushing and rec. yards.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-12-2006, 05:48 PM
i would love lawson or carpenter so would dallas and the patriots.

barring injury, and assuming duce doesnt get more carries than bettis did last year, i bet willie outpreforms all rookie rb's drafted this year in rushing and rec. yards.

That's an easy bet to make because if he doesn't you can count on every WalMart in Western PA running out of curtain rods...and rope.

Dook
04-12-2006, 06:05 PM
RB Lendale White isn't going to fall to 32. Supposedly more than one team has already called him and said they were going to select him so that's why he didn't run at the the pro day workout.

We might take RB Joseph Addai or Maurice Drew there but I'm looking more towards the big backs Gerald Riggs, Wali Lundy, Cedric Humes, who we can get in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds.

I think we'll take at least one, maybe two RB's.

tony hipchest
04-12-2006, 06:21 PM
That's an easy bet to make because if he doesn't you can count on every WalMart in Western PA running out of curtain rods...and rope.:sofunny:

tony hipchest
04-12-2006, 06:26 PM
RB Lendale White isn't going to fall to 32. Supposedly more than one team has already called him and said they were going to select him so that's why he didn't run at the the pro day workout.

We might take RB Joseph Addai or Maurice Drew there but I'm looking more towards the big backs Gerald Riggs, Wali Lundy, Cedric Humes, who we can get in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds.

I think we'll take at least one, maybe two RB's.

ive heard the same thing about lendale not working out. he dined with carolina coach j. fox the other day. some team really has him on their radar. maybe the patriots? maybe lendale doesnt want to play for a losing team as a top 10 pick, if a sb contender has told him they will pick him theyll be a front runner for the sb.

i can see drafting 2 rb's or 2 wr's. i think a minimum of three of those 2 positions will be picked.

Midnightwriter1
04-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Most draft boards has him going to Carolina in the draft now. Is becoming unanimous almost.

Mel Kiper is still saying the Steelers will take S. Moss and i really really hope that is not the case. WR, especailly in our system and the fact we have Ward would be a very big mistake. Randle El was our # 2 last year and only had 35 catches and 1 TD receiving. I am not sure would be worth taking a Wideout so early for production i feel that Wilson, Morgan/ Washington / taking a 3rd of 4th rouner could do the same.

Koopa
04-12-2006, 07:38 PM

that argument only last a year and you have used it plenty.......this will be willie's second year starting, so it's not fair to compare him to rookies that haven't touched an nfl football, you got to compare him to cadillac, ronnie, cedric, maybe even kevin jones, julius jones.....but not this years running backs

tony hipchest
04-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Most draft boards has him going to Carolina in the draft now. Is becoming unanimous almost.

Mel Kiper is still saying the Steelers will take S. Moss and i really really hope that is not the case. WR, especailly in our system and the fact we have Ward would be a very big mistake. Randle El was our # 2 last year and only had 35 catches and 1 TD receiving. I am not sure would be worth taking a Wideout so early for production i feel that Wilson, Morgan/ Washington / taking a 3rd of 4th rouner could do the same. sandwiched between denvers #15 and 27? pick is pats and then carolina. i dont think lendale makes it past this gauntlet. looking at his resume makes me wish he would. (theres an inherrent risk if he becomes a superstar. how much money does he command and does he hold out or become a distraction to get it?

there were questions of how plex's numbers would be replaced. i always thought the combo of heath, el, and, c. wilson could easilly do it for about the same price.

smart, sb winning, cap balancing part on the steelers part. the steelers not only look at how good a player will be but how will that player fit into their projected cap structure 3-4 years down the road.

clevestinks
04-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I'd say drafting a RB in the first round is actually a longshot at this point.
Yeah I also feel that way.

I say a big back, around the third round!

Midnightwriter1
04-12-2006, 09:12 PM
N.E wont be drafting White, will be Carolina

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-12-2006, 11:56 PM
lendale white is going to have a good career in the NFL. I just hope its with the steelers

clevestinks
04-13-2006, 04:26 AM
Did I hear that punters were benching more than he was? And he is now being compared to Clarrett? Damn I sure hope not. If any of this is even close to being true, the Steelers would have none of it.

Suitanim
04-13-2006, 09:48 AM
I doubt White even lasts until the Carolina pick. He's from Denver, and the scuttlebutt is that the Bronco's have promised a "player originally from Denver" that they would pick him at #15.

Might also explain why he seemed only half-heartedly interested in performing for other teams in the offseason.

tony hipchest
04-13-2006, 09:57 AM
I doubt White even lasts until the Carolina pick. He's from Denver, and the scuttlebutt is that the Bronco's have promised a "player originally from Denver" that they would pick him at #15.

Might also explain why he seemed only half-heartedly interested in performing for other teams in the offseason. theres also word that a team almost encouraged him not to run for fear of his value going even higher, putting him out of their range. tatum bell and him would be one hell of a combo.

Midnightwriter1
04-13-2006, 06:00 PM
With the signing of Harrison to a 4 year deal, i am thinking a RB will be taking in first two rounds. Staley will get more carries than Bettis did this past year and i have a feeling that he will be running the ball more than most think. Staley will run into problems i am sure since he could have some trouble running up that middle. Staley will be fresh since he hasnt played alot in a year and a half and when healthy he is pretty damn good. i posted elsewhere i think we will go OL, RB, WR first three rounds of this draft since we signed Harrison till 2009. Not sure who will be available at RB for us, I would like Moroney or White to fill that role for us.

If everyone gone in first round as projected, I think will be a OL we take, then best WR or RB availabe for the next two rounds and 3 picks in 4th will give us even more depth at OL/ S/ CB/ plus two picks in 5th which we can still take a quality OL/ DE /NT and 6th and 7th where we may need that we didnt address.... I am thinking this is going to be a great draft !!!!!!! wooooooooooohoooooooooo

Volpe1564
04-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Mel Kiper is still saying the Steelers will take S. Moss.

yea know the more i get into the draft each year the more i realize Mel Kiper doesnt know his A55 form a hole in the ground. yea sure i could pick the first 3 maybe 5 hell even 10 if im lucky. but when you get into the bottom of the round he is so far off sometimes its funny. let get one thing straight: PITTSBURGH WILL NOT TAKE ANYONE FROM "DA U". felons, drugdealers, murderers and overall dirtballs will go to the ravens:sofunny: . last time i checked Mami isnt really know for their players having character(Sean Taylor, Kellon Winslow Jr. is the first few to come to mind thinking of this season past)......lol

and as far as duce goes......lol we Are taking a running back in the first few rounds LOL

Volpe1564
04-17-2006, 01:17 AM
forgot to add Drew Rosenhaus is S. Moss' agent too....im not the Rooneys but that would have an impact on who i pick too...